Cruise Critic Community
jsglow

Exel Suites on Mardi Gras

1 hour ago, StolidCruiser said:

If you take a look at the deck plans, you'll see what is right above these Presidential Suites.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

OK.. so I did a bit more reading on the subject - and discovered the Excel Presidential Suites... from the image, I just wonder if that area above is public space (where people can come up to the edge of the glass). I hope not!

I'm wondering if any level of Excel suite will finally be able to order (full hot breakfast) room service or not. Hard to picture being in (and paying for!) the Presidential Suite and getting basically a continental breakfast offering... 🙂

Tom

CL_MD_SV_Carnival_Excel_Presidential_Suite_Balcony_Evening_SPH-1170x780.jpg

I thought of immediately who I original saw these.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hey Tom, long time no time!  We are currently in Ireland with a group but daughter texted me that package arrived back home which may answer some of the questions you ask.  I can comment next week when we get back.  Doing another Azamara cruise  in the med next June.  

Looking forward to that - and have a great time over there !!

Tom

2 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

If you take a look at the deck plans, you'll see what is right above these Presidential Suites.

I did - but I'm holding out hope there it's not as exposed as it appears. I guess we'll know next year  🙂

Tom

I would love to have big suite on Carnival. But let face facts.  I can’t afford it. So it’s back to steerage for me.

I tried to do a mock booking for one of these for the Northeast Cruise and could not see one avalible, so i went for a Ocean Suite. Honeslty I would take a regular balcony if it wasnt for traveling with a young child. 

6 hours ago, gnegron22 said:

I tried to do a mock booking for one of these for the Northeast Cruise and could not see one avalible, so i went for a Ocean Suite. Honeslty I would take a regular balcony if it wasnt for traveling with a young child. 

There will come a time when they're regularly available (certainly after the next ship in the class comes out). As an extreme example, Celebrity Edge has two "Iconic" suites. During the initial roll out, they were mostly all snapped up (some at $30k+ pp). Now you can book one on multiple sailings, for a mere ~$20K pp   for 7 nights :)

Tom