Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
edgeman61

Explorer OTS, in room TV programing

Recommended Posts

We have only sailed RCL once before in 2016 on the Navigator OTS, we enjoyed it immensely, the only let down was the TV programming.  There was a limited selection that played over and over, not a huge deal but on a 12N cruise you eventually saw everything (at least two of three times).  Has RCL upgraded their TV programming to be more of an on demand affair much like the newer offerings from Celebrity or HAL?

 

Either way we'll still enjoy our 14N on Explorer this fall.

 

Thanks for any replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Their TV programming has only gotten worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Has FOX News now...

Wonderful... They say change is good and they also say a new look on things is good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me its the GPS Channel and camera view from the bridge with music or nothing at all. Enough of this political conundrum on vacation. Fox News is  a guaranteed visit to the ship's medical center and a possible airlift. 

 

Who cares what goes on unless a loved one's life is at stake. I can't control the fake news can you? Fake News may be just the name for a new mixed drink. 

 

Guess what President T is not the Maestro of the ship nor does he have any CnA  merit. Let him and Mueller fight but damn right don't let it ruin the hard earned Tax refund which is pennies on the dollar. 

 

Now back to my regurally scheduled Bogart and Bacall mixed drinks. 

 

No opposing political standpoints or heated fights or debates were created or initiated on the Isle of Coco  Cay. That's the Big M Largo for the Labadoozies playing golf. We're still Friends. You know how we can connect over a drink or two. At the end of the day we all need a vacation from everyday news. That's one thing I think we can all raise our glasses to. 

 

Just a little bit R-E-S-E-P-E-C to the T! 

 

 

Edited by travelplus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

Wonderful... They say change is good and they also say a new look on things is good...

CNN International with Blitzer, Amanpour and Cognac are my friends. O'Riley is like eating burnt potatoes O'Brien with thee day old  Weckers on rye. 

 

Sorry mate!  Now back to The Escape Song!  

Edited by travelplus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newxmascruiser said:

Does anyone know if the TVs on Explorer have USB or HDMI to plug in a tablet?

thanks! 

 

There is an HDMI input, but you may not be able to select that input using the supplied remote.

 

Some have had good luck using a universal remote.  Also, some ships use channel 3 to select the alternate input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

There is an HDMI input, but you may not be able to select that input using the supplied remote.

 

Some have had good luck using a universal remote.  Also, some ships use channel 3 to select the alternate input.

Haphazard

Doozy

Mystified

Illusion 

Edited by travelplus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Haphazard

Doozy

Mystified

Illusion 

 

I am mystified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There are instructions on YouTube for using your own universal remote and plugging into the HDMI for watching your own content off of a laptop. I loaded a bunch of movies onto a thumb drive for when we travel. 

One of the videos I used can be found by clicking here.

Edited by ramja96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

There are instructions on YouTube for using your own universal remote and plugging into the HDMI for watching your own content off of a laptop. I loaded a bunch of movies onto a thumb drive for when we travel. 

One of the videos I used can be found by clicking here.

 

Thanks for the video link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, travelplus said:

For me its the GPS Channel and camera view from the bridge with music or nothing at all. Enough of this political conundrum on vacation. Fox News is  a guaranteed visit to the ship's medical center and a possible airlift. 

 

Who cares what goes on unless a loved one's life is at stake. I can't control the fake news can you? Fake News may be just the name for a new mixed drink. 

 

Guess what President T is not the Maestro of the ship nor does he have any CnA  merit. Let him and Mueller fight but damn right don't let it ruin the hard earned Tax refund which is pennies on the dollar. 

 

Now back to my regurally scheduled Bogart and Bacall mixed drinks. 

 

No opposing political standpoints or heated fights or debates were created or initiated on the Isle of Coco  Cay. That's the Big M Largo for the Labadoozies playing golf. We're still Friends. You know how we can connect over a drink or two. At the end of the day we all need a vacation from everyday news. That's one thing I think we can all raise our glasses to. 

 

Just a little bit R-E-S-E-P-E-C to the T! 

 

 

Wow!  OP asked if Programming had changed, it had by adding Fox which I said. I'm not the one trying make it Political

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wow!  OP asked if Programming had changed, it had by adding Fox which I said. I'm not the one trying make it Political

I was just making it lighthearted not Political. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I was just making it lighthearted not Political. 

You should know better, never talk Religion or Politics. Whats next another thread on Smoking, Tipping, Pets on board?  😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

You should know better, never talk Religion or Politics. Whats next another thread on Smoking, Tipping, Pets on board?  😜

Mea culpa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's dissapointing to hear.  I try not to watch too much of the cable news outlets (of either side of the aisle) maybe some BBC.  I guess I'll have to take some reading material.  Thanks for the replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When explorer was in Australia the tv entertainment was bad.

 I think that’s what made me drink so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, Host Clarea said:

 

There is an HDMI input, but you may not be able to select that input using the supplied remote.

 

Some have had good luck using a universal remote.  Also, some ships use channel 3 to select the alternate input.

Just to report back. The TV on Explorer does indeed have channel 3 set as the HDMI input 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...