DAWN Owner's suite deck 9 or 10 Pro's and Con's

For those who have stayed in the Owner's Suite in one or both, what are your pro's and con's of Deck 9 vs. Deck 10?

I have always felt the motion more in the Theater than other locations on the ship. I take Dramamine for the first couple of days until I get acclimated to the movement of the ship. What has been your experience with motion being in an Owner's Suite if you have a sensitivity to this like myself? *I don't get sick, just feel a bit off from motion.

Have not stayed in either - BUT that noted have read posts here at CC about both.

The DAWN does not have a Haven !

Cabins are similar - deck 10 cabins being larger interior wise with smaller forward balcony

deck 9 smaller interior larger balcony but not by much

both have a second side facing balconies

for less motion lower is better on most ships

the difference between deck 9 and 10 will not be that much

Suites on decks 11 and 12 are higher in center of movement

since you are at the front forward end of the ship you will have noticeable movement in weather

typically up and down - but the DAWN is a large ship and weathers it well

both decks the night use of the forward balcony is somewhat restricted in lighting (the ships Bridge is just above)

These cabins Owners Suites are the 2nd most expensive cabins (The Garden Villa being number 1)

Deck 10 sells out first followed by deck 9 and are frequently won by upgrading

What itinerary are you sailing and time of year ?

DURN covered the key differences.  We've stayed in one on 10 and it is a nice room.  I've seen pics of the refurb and it looks really nice.  Sliding door between bedroom and living room plus curtains.  The ones on 10 have a dining alcove, 9 don't.

I know NCL was making some changes to OS prices making 10 more than 9 on Jewel Class but didn't check Dawn or Star.

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

P.S. - there are several threads with discussion and pictures - do a search on 10006 or 10506 or 9006 or 9506.  Oh, and motion, yes, if rough seas.

We are staying in 10506 this June - we chose this room a year ago after looking at photos of floor 10 vs 9, and reading everything we could on cruise critic and another website that shows cruise deck plans (perhaps with a "dot com" in it's name) 🙂 

You can also go to youtube and see a ton of videos - but focus on the ones after the 2016 refurbishment. The bonus of the floor 10 vs 9 is the dining area - I am hoping to spend most of our meals outside, but it is really lovely to have a nice indoor option for rainy (or snowy, as it is often for our winter NYC cruises) days. 

We are excited to be in our first Owner's suite - we are usually in an H4 and love that layout. For the Dawn, 10506 category was within 100$ of the H4 and we thought having 2 balconies would be a cool treat. 

Amy

We have stayed in one of the deck 10 owner's Suites on the Pearl (similar to Dawn). The deck 10 suites have a larger bathroom and larger living room area, with a bump out for the dining table, leaving more room in the actual living area.  The front balcony is still huge, and the bridge is above deck 10, so it is very quiet.  I highly recommend deck 10 over deck 9, if you have a choice.  We liked it so much on the Pearl, we have booked a cruise next year on the Dawn in a deck 10 owner’s suite.

We stayed in 10506 on the Dawn this past November and loved it! Much better than the DOS we stayed the year before (12500). To answer your specific question about motion sickness, I'm not sensitive to it but my wife is, and she had no issues in 10506 anymore than any other room we have ever stayed at (and we almost always book a front-facing cabin). Of note, we had really nice weather (southern Caribbean) and calm seas, so that of course made a difference. As always she took her Dramamine the first 2 days and never complained at all, even on the last night which had the roughest movement.

IMHO, the OS's on the 10th deck are better than the 9th; you get the bump out with the dining table and just like Maja mentioned you still get two huge balconies. I used both every single day and took some gorgeous time-lapse videos from the front balcony pulling in and out of all the ports.

After 2 Dawn cruises in a row we're moving on to the Epic this year but if we ever sail on the Dawn again 10506/10006 would be our 1st choices hands down. Let me know if you have any questions!