Surf Internet Advice

Boscodog

We are going on a 12 day Baltic Cruise in August. We usually have 4 perks so never had to purchase the internet package.  Now we only have 2 perks and we need Internet to check our business email, go online to our business website and make wifi calling on the Iphone.  We do not need to stream movies or go use skype or face time. Is the Surf Internet enough for our needs?  Does it run slower than the regular internet package?

Thanks

Obviously it will be much slower than the unlimited internet package. However, it should be fine for checking email and simple websites based on the reported bandwidth. Voice call would be marginal though. I have tried VOIP with free data at similar bandwidth and got disruption from time to time. Text or voice message is not a problem though.

1 hour ago, HBDave said:

Do we know if the Surf Package is slower than the Unlimited Package, or do they just restrict the sites you can go to?

It is the speed and perhaps certain protocol.

Edited by Tourist1292

I wondered the same when I saw the prices for both types of  internet for 1 device.  We’ll be on a western med in October, and mostly wanted the ability to text our kids or email if needed (and maybe send a few pictures!) 

17 hours ago, HBDave said:

Do we have any speed test results between the Surf Package and the Unlimited Package?

I remember reading about that on here quite recently, but do not recall the thread title...I thought about purchasing that one, but my DH said absolutely not...

Edited by Lastdance