Hope this hasn't been asked and answered somewhere already, I've been looking and haven't seen it.  But when leaving out of Port Everglades on a cruise after flying into FLL, what are the options for getting wine that can be brought on my cruise?

I don't want to risk packing 2 bottles in my checked luggage before flying from home.

Boxed wine isn't allowed.

Taking a taxi from the airport to the port with a quick stop at a store isn't an option either.

So, that leaves is there anyplace within the airport that sells wine that I can buy in FLL to bring on board or within walking distance of the pier?  Preferably hoping there is a store within the FLL airport that sells wine.

Thanks for any help in advance.

You can pre-order wine from Total Wines at Harbor Shops. On your way from FLL to PE, request your Uber or taxi driver to swing by Total Wine to pick up your order. It will take but a few minutes. Packing wine in checked luggage isn't a good idea; first it adds weight to your luggage, second there's the risk of broken bottles and many cruise lines state that wine must be in your carry-on - checked luggage will be set aside and you will be called to open it in the naughty room and then have to haul your luggage to your cabin. 

Not sure why stopping on your way to PE is an issue unless you are cutting it very close on day of arrival. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Thanks for your suggestion. The reason for not making a stop is due to having a husband that would complain about that more than its worth!  I think I may just pack a few small bottles of wine in my checked, I can switch it out into my carryon at the airport when we land.  And just plan to buy drinks on board until we get to our second stop where there is a CVS in port for a larger bottle then.  I know I'll be running the risk of having to drop that bottle off when boarding,maybe they will stop me, maybe they won't.  I was just trying to see if anyone knew of a store within the FLL airport that sold wine that I could buy after we landed, but before we headed via taxi to the port.

Have to agree from actual experience that preordering and quickly stopping at Total wine is a viable alternative.  We have now done this on multiple occasions.  You can check out the inventory at your leisure and the pickup is right at the entrance to the store.

Another alternative is buying wine after you pass security at your departure airport . It will of course be carry on luggage . That what we just did .Selection was of course limited .

BTW , never worry about asking a question that has already been asked on CC . If this was followed and only original comments were posted , there would only be a handful of new entries on CC each day . 😁

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Another alternative is buying wine after you pass security at your departure airport . It will of course be carry on luggage . That what we just did .Selection was of course limited .

BTW , never worry about asking a question that has already been asked on CC . If this was followed and only original comments were posted , there would only be a handful of new entries on CC each day . 😁

This is the kind of information I was looking for.  So you can buy wine after you get through security and take that on board in your carry on luggage? That would be my best solution if Detroit Metro has a store that sells wine!

Thanks for what you said about asking a duplicate question, too : )

6 minutes ago, HappiestWhenCruising said:

So you can buy wine after you get through security and take that on board in your carry on luggage?

We usually fly airports which have a duty free past security . Perhaps a call or Google to your airport would help . You don't have to place it in your carry on .

On 4/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, HappiestWhenCruising said:

Thanks for your suggestion. The reason for not making a stop is due to having a husband that would complain about that more than its worth! 

Think I would order at Total Wine and arrange pick up at Harbor Shops.

If husband didn't like it...one word...TOUGH !!!!!

Explain to him, in words of one syllable what you intend doing and do it. This is 2019 !

On 4/19/2019 at 6:55 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Think I would order at Total Wine and arrange pick up at Harbor Shops.

If husband didn't like it...one word...TOUGH !!!!!

Explain to him, in words of one syllable what you intend doing and do it. This is 2019 !

wino clock.gif

• Like 1