Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I saw a couple of posts on FB regarding the Allure adjusting it’s itinerarh because it needs to slow down.  The comments suggest an azipod issue.    How does this get fixed?   We cruise in July so I’m hoping it’s done way before that 

 

thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw a short clip on one of the royal channels last week on the Indy that showed how they replaced the bearing on the Allure azipods.  The dry dock couldn't lift the entire ship so they built two rooms around where the azipods were going to be, lowed the dry dock water level to below the top of those rooms, pumped out all the water from the rooms, and worked in those to do the work.  

Edited by detroitavant
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email a couple hours ago adjusting our April 21st cruise. We leave P.R. at 1:30 day 5 instead of 2:00, we get into Labadee day 6 at 10 instead of 9:30 and leave there at 5 instead of 6. No other changes are shown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

We saw a short clip on one of the royal channels last week on the Indy that showed how they replaced the bearing on the Allure azipods.  The dry dock couldn't lift the entire ship so they built two rooms around where the azipods were going to be, lowed the dry dock water level to below the top of those rooms, pumped out all the water from the rooms, and worked in those to do the work.  

 

Yes, but that was in Freeport where there was the accident with Oasis.  That drydock is not usable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bmask16 said:

I got an email a couple hours ago adjusting our April 21st cruise. We leave P.R. at 1:30 day 5 instead of 2:00, we get into Labadee day 6 at 10 instead of 9:30 and leave there at 5 instead of 6. No other changes are shown.

 

Do you think they'll limp along like this for quite some time, or do you think they'll cancel somewhere and do a drydock

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

 

Do you think they'll limp along like this for quite some time, or do you think they'll cancel somewhere and do a drydock

 

I’m wondering this too as I’m on the May 26 sailing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

 

Do you think they'll limp along like this for quite some time, or do you think they'll cancel somewhere and do a drydock

 

This is not the first time with this issue nor the last. Back in 2013 Allure had this similar issue and limped along with modified port schedules for a few months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

I'm on her on the June 30th sailing.  I hope it does not require a Drydock.  I wonder if it is worth a phone call to the home office?

 

You'll get more information here than calling the home office.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The ship was damaged in the wet dock at the Freeport, Bahamas repair facility on Monday, April 1,2019 when something caused the ship to shift while it was getting ready to be repaired. A floating crane fell and did extensive damage to the Aqua Theater area of the ship along with structural damage to some staterooms in the aft of the ship. Because of this incident the wet dock received extensive damage and the ship unfortunately couldn’t be repaired at that facility. The azipod bearing replacement will now take place in Cadiz, Spain at a drydock facility capable of fitting the Oasis Of The Seas along with some or most of the damage from the Freeport incident. The ship left Freeport on Sunday, April 7,2019 and should arrive early next week. Hopefully the May and June sailings aren’t affected. To my knowledge the Transatlantic sailing along with two other sailings were canceled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

The ship was damaged in the wet dock at the Freeport, Bahamas repair facility on Monday, April 1,2019 when something caused the ship to shift while it was getting ready to be repaired. A floating crane fell and did extensive damage to the Aqua Theater area of the ship along with structural damage to some staterooms in the aft of the ship. Because of this incident the wet dock received extensive damage and the ship unfortunately couldn’t be repaired at that facility. The azipod bearing replacement will now take place in Cadiz, Spain at a drydock facility capable of fitting the Oasis Of The Seas along with some or most of the damage from the Freeport incident. The ship left Freeport on Sunday, April 7,2019 and should arrive early next week. Hopefully the May and June sailings aren’t affected. To my knowledge the Transatlantic sailing along with two other sailings were canceled.

 

Oasis was damaged, not Allure.  Allure is said to now have an azipod issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a 'modified' itinerary for Allure where they are shortening the time in a few stops due to "an unforseen technical matter with one of our three ship's propulsion pods" that requires the ship to go slower to ensure safety and comfort.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I got the Oasis and the Allure mixed up. I didn’t realize that the Allure Of The Seas was having the same problem regarding the Azipods. Wonder if more preventive maintenance is needed regarding the Azipods since it appears that many ships with this design are having the same problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bmask16 said:

I got an email a couple hours ago adjusting our April 21st cruise. We leave P.R. at 1:30 day 5 instead of 2:00, we get into Labadee day 6 at 10 instead of 9:30 and leave there at 5 instead of 6. No other changes are shown.

 

We did too.
Itinerary adjustment was very minor......Leaving 30 mts earlier from Nassau. Reaching one hr later in Roatan and staying one hr later.

 

 

Day
Port of Call
Arrive
Depart
Sun
Miami, Florida
 
4:30 PM
Mon
Nassau, Bahamas
7:00 AM
5:00 PM
4:30 PM
Tue
Cruising
 
 
Wed
Cozumel, Mexico
8:00 AM
6:00 PM
Thu
Roatan, Honduras
8:00 AM
9:00 AM
5:00 PM
6:00 PM
Fri
Costa Maya, Mexico
8:00 AM
5:00 PM
Sat
Cruising
 
 
Sun
Miami, Florida
5:15 AM
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

The ship was damaged in the wet dock at the Freeport, Bahamas repair facility on Monday, April 1,2019 when something caused the ship to shift while it was getting ready to be repaired. A floating crane fell and did extensive damage to the Aqua Theater area of the ship along with structural damage to some staterooms in the aft of the ship. Because of this incident the wet dock received extensive damage and the ship unfortunately couldn’t be repaired at that facility. The azipod bearing replacement will now take place in Cadiz, Spain at a drydock facility capable of fitting the Oasis Of The Seas along with some or most of the damage from the Freeport incident. The ship left Freeport on Sunday, April 7,2019 and should arrive early next week. Hopefully the May and June sailings aren’t affected. To my knowledge the Transatlantic sailing along with two other sailings were canceled.

 

Edited by Arzeena
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravenrob said:

I'm on her on the June 30th sailing.  I hope it does not require a Drydock.  I wonder if it is worth a phone call to the home office?

Where in the same boat.  (We have your sailing booked and we have one in 3 weeks).

 

Have two upcoming sailings on her.

 

Hoping for safe travels.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tropical83 said:

I wonder how many sailings have received emails about the itinerary changes.

I have not received anything for May 26. I'm worried they will have to cancel some upcoming sailings to fix the issue...

 

We are May 11 and am wondering the same thing...Been 14 months in the planning so I certainly hope not.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Where in the same boat.  (We have your sailing booked and we have one in 3 weeks).

 

Have two upcoming sailings on her.

 

Hoping for safe travels.

 

Good to hear......make sure you save plenty of Tito's Vodka and Fireball whiskey for the June 30 sailing!!  And make sure they have fixed the stinking Azipod!!!  :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

Good to hear......make sure you save plenty of Tito's Vodka and Fireball whiskey for the June 30 sailing!!  And make sure they have fixed the stinking Azipod!!!  🙂

 

 

 

CHEERS!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...