Allure azipod issues

I saw a couple of posts on FB regarding the Allure adjusting it’s itinerarh because it needs to slow down.  The comments suggest an azipod issue.    How does this get fixed?   We cruise in July so I’m hoping it’s done way before that 

thoughts?

We saw a short clip on one of the royal channels last week on the Indy that showed how they replaced the bearing on the Allure azipods.  The dry dock couldn't lift the entire ship so they built two rooms around where the azipods were going to be, lowed the dry dock water level to below the top of those rooms, pumped out all the water from the rooms, and worked in those to do the work.  

Edited by detroitavant

I got an email a couple hours ago adjusting our April 21st cruise. We leave P.R. at 1:30 day 5 instead of 2:00, we get into Labadee day 6 at 10 instead of 9:30 and leave there at 5 instead of 6. No other changes are shown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

We saw a short clip on one of the royal channels last week on the Indy that showed how they replaced the bearing on the Allure azipods.  The dry dock couldn't lift the entire ship so they built two rooms around where the azipods were going to be, lowed the dry dock water level to below the top of those rooms, pumped out all the water from the rooms, and worked in those to do the work.  

Yes, but that was in Freeport where there was the accident with Oasis.  That drydock is not usable.

9 hours ago, bmask16 said:

I got an email a couple hours ago adjusting our April 21st cruise. We leave P.R. at 1:30 day 5 instead of 2:00, we get into Labadee day 6 at 10 instead of 9:30 and leave there at 5 instead of 6. No other changes are shown.

Do you think they'll limp along like this for quite some time, or do you think they'll cancel somewhere and do a drydock

25 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Do you think they'll limp along like this for quite some time, or do you think they'll cancel somewhere and do a drydock

I’m wondering this too as I’m on the May 26 sailing. 

36 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

This is not the first time with this issue nor the last. Back in 2013 Allure had this similar issue and limped along with modified port schedules for a few months. 

4 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

I'm on her on the June 30th sailing.  I hope it does not require a Drydock.  I wonder if it is worth a phone call to the home office?

You'll get more information here than calling the home office.

• Like 5

The ship was damaged in the wet dock at the Freeport, Bahamas repair facility on Monday, April 1,2019 when something caused the ship to shift while it was getting ready to be repaired. A floating crane fell and did extensive damage to the Aqua Theater area of the ship along with structural damage to some staterooms in the aft of the ship. Because of this incident the wet dock received extensive damage and the ship unfortunately couldn’t be repaired at that facility. The azipod bearing replacement will now take place in Cadiz, Spain at a drydock facility capable of fitting the Oasis Of The Seas along with some or most of the damage from the Freeport incident. The ship left Freeport on Sunday, April 7,2019 and should arrive early next week. Hopefully the May and June sailings aren’t affected. To my knowledge the Transatlantic sailing along with two other sailings were canceled.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

The ship was damaged in the wet dock at the Freeport, Bahamas repair facility on Monday, April 1,2019 when something caused the ship to shift while it was getting ready to be repaired. A floating crane fell and did extensive damage to the Aqua Theater area of the ship along with structural damage to some staterooms in the aft of the ship. Because of this incident the wet dock received extensive damage and the ship unfortunately couldn’t be repaired at that facility. The azipod bearing replacement will now take place in Cadiz, Spain at a drydock facility capable of fitting the Oasis Of The Seas along with some or most of the damage from the Freeport incident. The ship left Freeport on Sunday, April 7,2019 and should arrive early next week. Hopefully the May and June sailings aren’t affected. To my knowledge the Transatlantic sailing along with two other sailings were canceled.

Oasis was damaged, not Allure.  Allure is said to now have an azipod issue.

• Like 2

Just saw a 'modified' itinerary for Allure where they are shortening the time in a few stops due to "an unforseen technical matter with one of our three ship's propulsion pods" that requires the ship to go slower to ensure safety and comfort.

• Like 1

Sorry I got the Oasis and the Allure mixed up. I didn’t realize that the Allure Of The Seas was having the same problem regarding the Azipods. Wonder if more preventive maintenance is needed regarding the Azipods since it appears that many ships with this design are having the same problem.

13 hours ago, bmask16 said:

We did too.
Itinerary adjustment was very minor......Leaving 30 mts earlier from Nassau. Reaching one hr later in Roatan and staying one hr later.

Day
Port of Call
Arrive
Depart
Sun
Miami, Florida

4:30 PM
Mon
Nassau, Bahamas
7:00 AM
5:00 PM
4:30 PM
Tue
Cruising

Wed
Cozumel, Mexico
8:00 AM
6:00 PM
Thu
Roatan, Honduras
9:00 AM
6:00 PM
Fri
Costa Maya, Mexico
Sat
Cruising

Sun
Miami, Florida
5:15 AM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

Edited by Arzeena

2 hours ago, ravenrob said:

I'm on her on the June 30th sailing.  I hope it does not require a Drydock.  I wonder if it is worth a phone call to the home office?

Where in the same boat.  (We have your sailing booked and we have one in 3 weeks).

Have two upcoming sailings on her.

Hoping for safe travels.

1 minute ago, tropical83 said:

I wonder how many sailings have received emails about the itinerary changes.

I have not received anything for May 26. I'm worried they will have to cancel some upcoming sailings to fix the issue...

We are May 11 and am wondering the same thing...Been 14 months in the planning so I certainly hope not.

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Where in the same boat.  (We have your sailing booked and we have one in 3 weeks).

Have two upcoming sailings on her.

Hoping for safe travels.

Good to hear......make sure you save plenty of Tito's Vodka and Fireball whiskey for the June 30 sailing!!  And make sure they have fixed the stinking Azipod!!!  :-)

3 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

Good to hear......make sure you save plenty of Tito's Vodka and Fireball whiskey for the June 30 sailing!!  And make sure they have fixed the stinking Azipod!!!  🙂

CHEERS!!!!!