Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sass4

Contact Info for overcharges on Final statement?

Recommended Posts

I am Diamond and I was charged for 2 photo's which are free

 

I have 2 charges of $7 for internet? But we have the free days so that doesn't make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you purchased the photos did you tell them you wanted to use the coupon?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the post-cruise RCL number doesn't help just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pspercy said:

If the post-cruise RCL number doesn't help just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

That's going to be hard as they tend to charge as one large bill at the end . I don't think you can dispute part of a charge.

 

This is why you check the final statement before you disembark and make sure you know what you should be givens back as a refund on your credit card or as a cheque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

$7 is the difference between the level of internet that the coupon covers and the “better” level.  

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really sure what you are saying? I am Diamond which gives you 24 hours of free internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to tell them you are using a coupon as it is automatically loaded on your sea pass card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

I am not really sure what you are saying? I am Diamond which gives you 24 hours of free internet.

there are 2 levels of intermet. The diamond coupon covers the lesser one which is not good for streaming, but fine for most everything else. You chose the one that costs more.

As for the photos, you definitely got a receipt. Does it say zero charge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

That's going to be hard as they tend to charge as one large bill at the end . I don't think you can dispute part of a charge.

 

This is why you check the final statement before you disembark and make sure you know what you should be givens back as a refund on your credit card or as a cheque

You can dispute the whole amount and they will credit that amount and charge you the correct amount once they figure it out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

You don't have to tell them you are using a coupon as it is automatically loaded on your sea pass card.

Yes but when you order a photo, you are specifically asked whether or not to apply the coupon. If you don’t apply the coupon, you will be charged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

That's going to be hard as they tend to charge as one large bill at the end . I don't think you can dispute part of a charge.

 

This is why you check the final statement before you disembark and make sure you know what you should be givens back as a refund on your credit card or as a cheque

I can dispute part of a charge but it still may be a PITA route to take!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Yes but when you order a photo, you are specifically asked whether or not to apply the coupon. If you don’t apply the coupon, you will be charged. 

Yep when we bought something in the shop they asked if we wanted to apply the coupon, it isn't automatically applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sass4 said:

You don't have to tell them you are using a coupon as it is automatically loaded on your sea pass card.

 

I'm pretty sure you have to tell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

During my last cruise, I specifically told them I wanted to apply my discount for my free photo. They were prepared to charge me for it.

 

That's the one Diamond perk I find you have to be extremely vocal about or you will get charged.

Edited by Virtopia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

During my last cruise, I specifically told them I wanted to apply my discount for my free photo. They were prepared to charge me for it.

 

That's the one Diamond perk I find you have to be extremely vocal about or you will get charged.

 

Same here, plus once they told us that we could not use our free photo coupon if the photo was not one of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I can dispute part of a charge but it still may be a PITA route to take!

When we had an issue with a purchase we weren't allowed to dispute part of the bill. The whole bill had to be refunded and the correct amount was then recharged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When we had an issue with a purchase we weren't allowed to dispute part of the bill. The whole bill had to be refunded and the correct amount was then recharged.

 

interesting.  We had an erroneous towel charge for $25 and they were able to credit that amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Host Clarea said:

 

interesting.  We had an erroneous towel charge for $25 and they were able to credit that amount.

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. This was when the company (not Royal) wouldn't respond to emails or phone calls. They finally re-issued the bill with the correct amount after Visa sided with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. This was when the company (not Royal) wouldn't respond to emails or phone calls. They finally re-issued the bill with the correct amount after Visa sided with us.

 

Gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sass4 said:

I am not really sure what you are saying? I am Diamond which gives you 24 hours of free internet.

I think you got the Streaming internet which is higher priced than the standard internet.  I know when I signed in for my free internet, I clicked on Streaming and realized that I would be charged something so I signed out immediately.  I explained my error to guest services and I was told I wasn't charged because I was on for too short a time.

 

I then sign in again to the cheaper internet service and wasn't charged.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Same here, plus once they told us that we could not use our free photo coupon if the photo was not one of us.

They always tell us that. When my family of 5 travels I have to be careful how I apply the coupons if some phtotos are group and some are singles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for all your help. I am BEYOND annoyed!

 

Do you want a photo for free using your perk or do you want to pay for it? Seriously? It just is totally deceiving!

 

I didn't notice any options for the internet to chose from.  I guess my mistake, but after spending over $10k for a vacation these little piddley ass charges are just the icing on the cake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

Do you want a photo for free using your perk or do you want to pay for it? Seriously? It just is totally deceiving!

I don’t understand what is deceiving about it. We’ve never had an issue getting our free photos. I guess that’s because we made sure at the time we either ordered or picked up the photo that the free photo coupon was applied and that there were no charges and didn’t just assume there weren’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...