MoveUp Request has been sent to the Ship for Onboard review

Canada Rocks

We did a bid for MoveUp on the Equinox to a Veranda and the email we got today had this heading " Your Celebrity MoveUp Request has been sent to the Ship for Onboard Review".

Does anyone know what this means and what our chances are for getting the upgrade. Our bid on Family Veranda came back as unsuccessful. 

6 minutes ago, Canada Rocks said:

We did a bid for MoveUp on the Equinox to a Veranda and the email we got today had this heading " Your Celebrity MoveUp Request has been sent to the Ship for Onboard Review".

Does anyone know what this means and what our chances are for getting the upgrade. Our bid on Family Veranda came back as unsuccessful. 

All I can say is that it does sound  better than just "pending."  I hope you are successful!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I guess it means you won't know until you check in at the pier.

Which strikes me as really bad marketing.  Somebody gets all excited about MAYBE getting an upgrade (that they are willing to pay for), then gets to the pier to be disappointed to find they didn't win the auction.  Bummer way to start a cruise.  😩

Im sure that at this late date, the reservation has been passed from shore side to the ship.   Therefore, the ship has control of the booking.   I disagree its bad marketing as nothing was promised (on board review is better than rejected) and hopefully the OP will come back and let us know they were pleasantly surprised.   

That is interesting, and hopefully you will get upgraded. 😉

In the olden days, we could ask for an upgrade at the pier. After inquiring, I remember being sent to the purser once onboard.  I was told that we would be placed on a list for upgrades should the category that we wanted became available.   Exciting at first! 🤩  But then realized that we were #7 on the list to get a possible upgrade from a balcony from an Ocean View.  haha    We went ahead and unpacked in our OV knowing that it was going to be nearly impossible that 6 balcony staterooms would cancel last minute.

31 minutes ago, Canada Rocks said:

We will be sure to let you know how it turns out. Going to be a great cruise regardless of cabin!!

Bon Voyage!  Will look forward to an update as I have never heard of this in regards to the Move Up Bid process.  Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Which strikes me as really bad marketing.  Somebody gets all excited about MAYBE getting an upgrade (that they are willing to pay for), then gets to the pier to be disappointed to find they didn't win the auction.  Bummer way to start a cruise.  😩

Based on my two experiences with the Move Up bid process, Celebrity sends out a follow up e mail several days before the cruise letting you know that you did not win.

8 hours ago, Canada Rocks said:

We will be sure to let you know how it turns out. Going to be a great cruise regardless of cabin!!

This is definitely the way to approach the situation! 

We have chatted over the last few days about the move up system as it is now in the U.K. 

Much as a more expensive room at a deal price sounds good you have often spent a lot of time choosing your initial room in terms of location, port or starboard, quiet or near to facilities....

On a move up bid you have to be prepared to accept the worse room in the category you have made a bid on...We certainly would do some searching and calculating before making a bid!

OP, sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise whatever room you end up in!

14 hours ago, Canada Rocks said:

That means you still have hope!  We recently got a move up bid accepted on the Silly.  About two weeks before the cruise, our bid for both the Penthouse and Royal suites said expired.  Our bid for the Celebrity suite said pending.  A day or two later, it was accepted.  Noticed immediately when I saw the debit from my credit card.  Then I looked at our reservation and saw the change! We were very happy!  Got a great suite at a much more reasonable price!!  Since we did bid for these suites, we certainly weren't concerned about getting a "bad location" for the top suites. Even had enough time to order new luggage tags!

Edited by Cruise a holic

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Based on my two experiences with the Move Up bid process, Celebrity sends out a follow up e mail several days before the cruise letting you know that you did not win.

We didn't receive our 'turn down' until 2 nights before we were due to sail.  I wondered if there were last minute cancellations we were still in the running?

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

That means you still have hope!  We recently got a move up bid accepted on the Silly.  About two weeks before the cruise, our bid for both the Penthouse and Royal suites said expired.  Our bid for the Celebrity suite said pending.  A day or two later, it was accepted.  Noticed immediately when I saw the debit from my credit card.  Then I looked at our reservation and saw the change! We were very happy!  Got a great suite at a much more reasonable price!!  Since we did bid for these suites, we certainly weren't concerned about getting a "bad location" for the top suites. Even had enough time to order new luggage tags!

I don’t think for the top suites there is as much of a gamble as (especially on S class) they are fairly centrally located but I do think for many room categories you do need to think out ‘pros vs cons’...

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

@Canada Rocks - was your bid accepted?  when you return from your cruise, would you be sharing your experience to this message thread? (trying to compile information in one location 🙂 )  Hope you are having/had a wonderful cruise!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI:  MoveUp Program notification post:
For those interested, a “Celebrity MoveUp Tracker” spreadsheet has now been set up on the thread posted below (OP - CruisingChick - April 23, 2018).  
Go to the “last page” of that message thread to find the link and the “questionnaire” if you wish to participate by submitting your information.  

Information being compiled is for both those that do bid and those who decided not to bid.  IF bidding, further information gathered whether the bid was successful, or not.  

Tracker will run for ~ 6 months and after that, will decide if it is worth pursuing for a longer period of time.

When we arrived at Check In the agent had no idea what I was asking about regarding the Move Up Program. The instructions from Celebrity were to wait for a message from Guest Relations to be sent to our original room for which we had the keys for.

We never did get a response from Celebrity once on the Equinox so I guess our Move Up request was unsuccessful. Celebrity could have done a better job of letting us know the final status once they determined no move was available. 

We were pleased with our existing cabin and had a wonderful cruise. Good luck to all bidders on future cruises. 

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canada Rocks said:

When we arrived at Check In the agent had no idea what I was asking about regarding the Move Up Program. The instructions from Celebrity were to wait for a message from Guest Relations to be sent to our original room for which we had the keys for.

We never did get a response from Celebrity once on the Equinox so I guess our Move Up request was unsuccessful. Celebrity could have done a better job of letting us know the final status once they determined no move was available. 

We were pleased with our existing cabin and had a wonderful cruise. Good luck to all bidders on future cruises. 

Cheers

Glad you still enjoyed your cruise.