Cruise Critic Community
thenexus2k

Booking multiple rooms for Multiple people question

So My wife and I are cruise people now and have been cruising for 10 years. In the last couple of years, we have gotten my parents addicted as well. Now we are looking to try cruising all together. In looking at booking on the carnival website, it looks like we can book two rooms together with no issues. However, my question becomes, once booked, are we able to individually manage our own rooms? (i.e. we pay off our portion, they theirs. Book different excursions. etc)

Anyone have experience with this?

It may have changed since then but when we booked two rooms for us and our kids it was the same booking number and showed under the same account.

Now we book for our parents we just call in and our PVP creates two separate bookings, each with their own account.

We did ours indidvidually online. I have my own booking and my parents have their own. We were able to books rooms across the hall from eaxh other. We called cuatomer service to have the bookings linked for dining. It was really easy to do.

We book two room for past Feb and next spring for the family.  Got two different booking numbers for each room.  They all link to show the two rooms together (guess mainly for MDR). As far as paying off cruise each booking number pay for their portion. 

Reach out to a Travel consultant, chances are with 3 cabins you may be able to group them or get perks for 3 cabins. 

12 hours ago, thenexus2k said:

So My wife and I are cruise people now and have been cruising for 10 years. In the last couple of years, we have gotten my parents addicted as well. Now we are looking to try cruising all together. In looking at booking on the carnival website, it looks like we can book two rooms together with no issues. However, my question becomes, once booked, are we able to individually manage our own rooms? (i.e. we pay off our portion, they theirs. Book different excursions. etc)

Anyone have experience with this?

Yep, each cabin has it's own booking number. Each booking will have it's own balance and final payment date (which will both be the same date since you're booking the same cruise). Do your parents have a computer and their own Carnival account? If not, they're not hard to set up. Each of you can log in to your account to manage your bookings (make payments, choose your bed configuration, dining time, things like that). You'll also be able to make purchases from the Fun Shops, Cheers, internet plans, and excursions. If they don't have a computer, they could do all this from yours or call Carnival. It's just more convenient, in my opinion, to do it all ourselves online. When it's 90 days out from your cruise, y'all will be able to go online and choose your check-in time, which is the half-hour window you choose as to when you'll arrive at the cruise terminal. After final payment, you can print your boarding passes and luggage tags. Actually, you can print your luggage tags earlier.

Edited to add: The one thing we can't do with multiple cabins online is link them together for dining. You'll have to call Carnival for that. Unless you booked through one of their reps, then they will probably do it up front. Just ask to be sure.

Edited by Organized Chaos