Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

 

Hi! according to the Cruise Director list on CC,  Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020. Is the break incorrect, or is that fill in person unknown?  Just curious.

 

Thanks!

 

 

When Dennis had to take a break recently, the Activities Manager (don't remember her name) stepped in, RC did not bring in a temporary CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ptod said:

 

When Dennis had to take a break recently, the Activities Manager (don't remember her name) stepped in, RC did not bring in a temporary CD.

 

That was for the CD conference of a couple of days, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

 

Hi! according to the Cruise Director list on CC,  Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020. Is the break incorrect, or is that fill in person unknown?  Just curious.

 

Thanks!

 

He didnt mention any of that. He only talked about himself and mitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was the belly flop contest.... Dennis was late.. He didn't apologize and he shortened the contest, 1 dive per contestant... I always look forward to the belly.flop.

 

 

The concierge lounge...TOP NOTCH SERVICE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

He didnt mention any of that. He only talked about himself and mitch. 

 

2 hours ago, ptod said:

 

When Dennis had to take a break recently, the Activities Manager (don't remember her name) stepped in, RC did not bring in a temporary CD.

 

Thanks! If it is a mystery till my cruise, I’ll report back who the CD is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ptod said:

 

When Dennis had to take a break recently, the Activities Manager (don't remember her name) stepped in, RC did not bring in a temporary CD.

 

Hannah from whales was her name. She is still onboard as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I got rid of the cruise compasses. They have a new format. The morning and afternoon are part of the flyer and the evening is a pull out page, still getting used to it. 

The second formal night has folks confused.. 

.. It will be tomorrow but lobster night is tonight, to find out why? 

Went to the windjammer today afternoon snacks for the first time today. It's more of a light lunch than snack. They had fruit, cookies, sandwiches, fixings for nachos and tacos, fish, beef, chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables, spaghetti pre-made sauce. There were some other things but I forgot. It's everyday from 3-4:30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Sorry I got rid of the cruise compasses. They have a new format. The morning and afternoon are part of the flyer and the evening is a pull out page, still getting used to it. 

The second formal night has folks confused.. 

.. It will be tomorrow but lobster night is tonight, to find out why? 

Went to the windjammer today afternoon snacks for the first time today. It's more of a light lunch than snack. They had fruit, cookies, sandwiches, fixings for nachos and tacos, fish, beef, chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables, spaghetti pre-made sauce. There were some other things but I forgot. It's everyday from 3-4:30. 

Apparently the cruise compass was wrong, tonight is formal night and lobster night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Sorry I got rid of the cruise compasses. They have a new format. The morning and afternoon are part of the flyer and the evening is a pull out page, still getting used to it. 

The second formal night has folks confused.. 

.. It will be tomorrow but lobster night is tonight, to find out why? 

Went to the windjammer today afternoon snacks for the first time today. It's more of a light lunch than snack. They had fruit, cookies, sandwiches, fixings for nachos and tacos, fish, beef, chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables, spaghetti pre-made sauce. There were some other things but I forgot. It's everyday from 3-4:30. 

Apparently the cruise compass was wrong, tonight is formal night and lobster night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The formal night was changed becuase all aboard is 7:30 in boston. 

Our concierge "helped" us through immigration this morning.. He told us it would be faster going with him. We assumed they had a separate line. He made no difference. He got us to the back of the line and then left. 

The drink card showed up today. Ten drinks for $79 plus gratuities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

The formal night was changed becuase all aboard is 7:30 in boston. 

Our concierge "helped" us through immigration this morning.. He told us it would be faster going with him. We assumed they had a separate line. He made no difference. He got us to the back of the line and then left. 

The drink card showed up today. Ten drinks for $79 plus gratuities. 

What itinerary are you on?  I sail Anthem in May, on the 9 day Bermuda, Labadee, Puerto Rico and St. Maarten and am hoping they offer the drink card on our sailing, since I'm opting out of the beverage package this time!  I know it's a gamble, but would be a nice bonus!!

Edited by SuiteLady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Today was the belly flop contest.... Dennis was late.. He didn't apologize and he shortened the contest, 1 dive per contestant... I always look forward to the belly.flop.

 

 

The concierge lounge...TOP NOTCH SERVICE. 

Did you use the concierge to book any of your shows or the North Star?  Wondering if I should book ahead of time or wait until we’re on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Did you use the concierge to book any of your shows or the North Star?  Wondering if I should book ahead of time or wait until we’re on the ship.

 

If you can, book ahead.  If you can't, the concierge can help, but can't create spots where there are none.  🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

Did you use the concierge to book any of your shows or the North Star?  Wondering if I should book ahead of time or wait until we’re on the ship.

The concierge while a very nice man has not been helpful. I booked northstar and I fly myself prior to being on the ship, it fills up fast. When he emailed me, I told him we had the BOGO for the first two nights and a free dinner and a free lunch for two voucher from our TA. I asked if he could schedule those. He said he saw the the bogo and vouchers and would schedule it all based on the times and dates I gave him. We got a confirmation and all. Whe we got on the ship, the times were all different and apparently the vouchers can only be used on port days...he didn't nor did the TA tell us that. The restaurants aren't even open for lunch on port days. We saved the dinner one for the last night, a sea day. After that and the conceirges "help" with customs, we went to the loyalty desk who took care of everything for us. 

THERE IS NO LOVE AND MARRIAGE GAME SHOW ON THIS CRUISE. I don't know if Dennis makes the schedule of activites but it hasn't been good. Tonight the karokee finals and quest are at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Sorry I got rid of the cruise compasses. They have a new format. The morning and afternoon are part of the flyer and the evening is a pull out page, still getting used to it. 

The second formal night has folks confused.. 

.. It will be tomorrow but lobster night is tonight, to find out why? 

Went to the windjammer today afternoon snacks for the first time today. It's more of a light lunch than snack. They had fruit, cookies, sandwiches, fixings for nachos and tacos, fish, beef, chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables, spaghetti pre-made sauce. There were some other things but I forgot. It's everyday from 3-4:30. 

Apparently the cruise compass was wrong, tonight is formal night and lobster night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love and marriage has been added back. The weather is not allowing the cast of We Will Rock you to perform. It has been rescheduled twice. Due to the last minute reschedule they are adding love and marriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious, since the ship came in early last night, were they able to do the We Will Rock You show after all once in calmer waters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disembark was the fastest ever!!!! Since we did customs in Boston, we didn't have to in Bayonne. With self carry, off the ship and in the car in about 15 min. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the cruise too....the activities seemed to be very off this cruise.  We were also on in January, and this cruise just seemed very disjointed.  We loved Hannah from the Jan cruise, and we barely saw her at all on this one.  The main Spectra's Cast seems to either be on break or it's now a new cast?  Spectra ran Quest in Jan and it was amazing--Dennis did it this time and it really wasn't that great.  On at least 3 of the nights there really wasn't anything to do except music in the lounges.  They had the last night of the tribute band (big concert in 270) run at exactly the same time as the 70's Party???  No Love and Marriage show, until added at the last minute due to rescheduling.  No Dancing with the Stripes.  No evening sing along or mini concert in Schooners with We Will Rock You Cast.  Just seemed off?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

We were on the cruise too....the activities seemed to be very off this cruise.  We were also on in January, and this cruise just seemed very disjointed.  We loved Hannah from the Jan cruise, and we barely saw her at all on this one.  The main Spectra's Cast seems to either be on break or it's now a new cast?  Spectra ran Quest in Jan and it was amazing--Dennis did it this time and it really wasn't that great.  On at least 3 of the nights there really wasn't anything to do except music in the lounges.  They had the last night of the tribute band (big concert in 270) run at exactly the same time as the 70's Party???  No Love and Marriage show, until added at the last minute due to rescheduling.  No Dancing with the Stripes.  No evening sing along or mini concert in Schooners with We Will Rock You Cast.  Just seemed off?  

Agreed it was odd. From the lackluster bellyflop, the confusion of formal night, having the quest and karokee finals on same night and more. 

The spectra cast is on vacation. I didn't see it this time, was it not as good as in January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you driving from? Last Saturday (4/13) we drove down from Sturbridge MA. Traffic was bad in Southern CT so it took us about 3 1/2 hours instead of the 3 it should have. We got there around 11AM. It took us less than 15 minutes from when we parked until we were having lunch in Two70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a lot of mistakes in the compass.  As mentioned, Formal night was completely forgotten - it listed casual.  We suspected it was formal night because of the lobster.  One day it listed lunch at locations on Coco Cay.  We didn't go to Coco Cay.  It was a hassle having 2 sections every day.  Maybe if they cut out some of the advertising it would all fit.

 

Another thing we noticed was unlike in the past were an extra cash tip resulted in a tad more of a pour for drinks, almost everything was jiggered, especially as the night went on.  Not a huge deal, but a change - and we are likely going to make the cash $1 an exception instead of the rule.  We tried to do it because we can afford it and I know it helped the crew.  Also all cash tips went into one central box at each bar - not kept by the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 9:24 AM, tennislvr8 said:

THERE IS NO LOVE AND MARRIAGE GAME SHOW ON THIS CRUISE. I don't know if Dennis makes the schedule of activites but it hasn't been good. Tonight the karokee finals and quest are at the same time. 

It did take place, but was never in the Cruise Compass, I guess because of the We Will Rock You rescheduling. It was announced 10 minutes (!) before the fact and we would have gone if we had not had such a short notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...