Ice Show Monopoly on The Allure

Nashna

Has anyone seen the Ice Show, Monopoly that is now on the Allure?  We have reservations for the show on our sailing In June.  However, it means changing our dining reservations to see the show and we want to be sure it is worth the effort.  

Ice Games was probably our least favourite of the ice shows on Oasis Class. They also have How to Train Your Dragon, but it is a non-bookable show. That being said they are ending their relationship ship with Dreamworks so it might be gone already if not soon.  I suspect that show will be replaced with another. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

36 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Has anyone seen the Ice Show, Monopoly that is now on the Allure?  We have reservations for the show on our sailing In June.  However, it means changing our dining reservations to see the show and we want to be sure it is worth the effort.  

Perhaps you can go to the afternoon showing if available? then you do not have to change dinner reservations. My reservation for the ice show is for  the afternoon (April cruise).

8 minutes ago, broberts said:

How hard is changing a single diner reservation?

Rather difficult when you have 19 people.  I spent 3 hours on the phone with RCCL yesterday and still have not been able to change our reservations.  After 45 minutes of trying, (she needed all names and the 7 booking numbers) the cruise planner folks sent me to Allure events.  You can only contact them via e-mail so I composed a lengthy e-mail.  Cruise planners gave me the wrong e-mail address.  It took three more calls to RCCL to get the correct address.  Once I sent the message with the correct address, I got an immediate reply sending me back to the cruise planners.  Cruise planners said they could do it but due to the fact that they can only confirm a max of 12 at once, they couldn't guarantee that once the original reservation was cancelled that they could lose that one and they might not be able to get the group together at the same time.  Since this is a family group; it is important to be together.  We needed to change this time since Momma Mia show time changed from 10:30 to 9:30pm.  So, if the Ice Show is not really, really exceptional...I don't want to change the dining time.  BTW...I still haven't been able to change the Momma Mia night.  

Nineteen people does change the dynamics.

It's not really possible for anyone to judge how enjoyable 19 unknown individuals will find a particular ice show. In my experience with even larger groups, most do enjoy ice shows in general. For many the experience is novel and not likely repeatable.

Would an option be to make the night in question an open dining night, letting individuals make their own plans?

Edited by broberts

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ice Games was probably our least favourite of the ice shows on Oasis Class. They also have How to Train Your Dragon, but it is a non-bookable show.

no, there is no How to Train a Dragon anymore.

Ice Games Show was ok, but we booked it for the 3:30 pm on the second sea day. I don't think I'd skip or reschedule a dinner for 19 for it. Many people showed up to see the show without reservation, and there was plenty of seating available. Many empty seats too.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Ice Games Show was ok, but we booked it for the 3:30 pm on the second sea day. I don't think I'd skip or reschedule a dinner for 19 for it. Many people showed up to see the show without reservation, and there was plenty of seating available. Many empty seats too.

Thanks for the info as mI knew it would gone soon or already. Did they replace the show with another or is there only one ice show now?

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

This is a good option.  It doesn't sound like it is worth the effort to reschedule dinner around.  Most likely, it will just be the younger kids and their parents who want to go to this.  Hopefully, RCCL is replacing How to Train a Dragon with another show.

IMO

I would give priority to Dinner reservations over an ice show. To see almost any of the ice shows you can get in by using the standby method. Which will allow you to be seated 15 minutes before the show. The only downside is that you will not find 19 seats together.

Thank you all for the great input.  We are canceling the 9:00pm show and are suggesting the afternoon show for the younger crowd in our group.  I love professional ice skating, but, this show just doesn't sound interesting.

Of course after all your work they will reschedule the shows onboard.  The Monopoly show was an ice show but had no real theme.  Just a few acts with unrelated "dice rolls" between them.  Plus some set pieces get in the way of watching the skaters. 

Best show so far for us is the new iSkate on Navigator.  Lots of acts, including one with 48 drones flying in formation and one with a dancer skating with a drone.  Several skaters also do flips.  Amazing in the tiny rink.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Like 1

We also were not fans of the ice show on Allure and actually walked out.  We loved the one on Oasis with the sand artist and have seen that more than once.  Really had no desire to see Mamma Mia, but my DH wanted to, so I went.  Really enjoyed it and would go again.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, jean-lynd said:

Didn't care for this show. Couldn't wait for it to be over.

That is the good thing about cruising. You don't have to wait till it's over just get up and leave.

• Like 1