Ketchikan

Kar1679

If you want to do it on your own you can check the Ketchikan visitor’s site for public bus information to sites out of the center of town.  In town there is Creek Street, salmon swimming up stream, the fish ladder and Married Man’s Trail up to the Cape Fox above with totems.  Nice views down to the harbor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kar1679 said:

The Princess Grand.  I am guessing a lot of ships are in port that day.  Its in July

That's too bad having to tender at that port...regardless...enjoy Ketchikan one of my favorite ports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milo696 said:

How do you know if your ship is tendering? Sorry, 1st time cruiser and will be on golden princess in ketchikan July 11

If you go into your cruise personlizer on Princess .com (you sign in under booked guested then go to  calendar and planning and scroll bside each port it tells you time and if your tendering.  Hope that helps 

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.49.24 AM.png

11 hours ago, tsutt35 said:

We did Ketchikan on our own last year. It was really easy to get around and we had a full day seeing things. I blogged about the day with photos if you are interested.

https://tanyastravelblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/18/blue-skies-for-the-red-light-district/

Thank you so much for posting the link to your blog, it's terrific. My wife and I are going on this same cruise in late May. This will be our first cruise in Alaska so I enjoy seeing what others have done.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:07 AM, milo696 said:

How do you know if your ship is tendering? Sorry, 1st time cruiser and will be on golden princess in ketchikan July 11

The only Princess ship scheduled to tender at Ketchikan in July is the OP's Grand Princess on July 8.  Golden Princess will be docked at berth 2 on July 11.  So no need to worry.  Enjoy your cruise!

if you look back a page or 2 you'll find a thread called something like ' 2019 Resources for Planning your visit to Alaska'.   It has links to Ketchikan visitor information sites.  There's a town map with walking tour routes, suggestions  on things to do, info on the various totem parks and how to get there, and a Visitor Guide you can download. 

There are also a hundred + trip reports posted near the top of the page.  Lots of detailed info on what to do at each port, vendors, DIY options, etc.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, Kar1679 said:

If you go into your cruise personlizer on Princess .com (you sign in under booked guested then go to  calendar and planning and scroll bside each port it tells you time and if your tendering.  Hope that helps 

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.49.24 AM.png

I am going on carnival in June how do I look up if I'll be tethering or not at each port?

2 hours ago, Firery Fairies said:

I am going on carnival in June how do I look up if I'll be tethering or not at each port?

You might try looking at these pages  http://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250

Find the port then your ship and refer to the berth code. Not sure how it works for Ketchikan.

Edited by masterdrago