Upgrade Offer Question

Maya_C

Could someone who has been offered an upgrade please clarify the process. If you receive an upgrade offer from HAL, do you know which cabin you will have or must you take any cabin HAL gives you within a particular category? Thanks for your help. 

~Maya

• Like 1

We did two upgrades this month.  We originally booked a guaranteed Inside.  We took an offer for a Verandah.  YES.  Given a particular cabin.  Asked if we wanted that cabin.  So always have a deck plan when you call!

2 weeks later took an upsell offer for a Signature Suite.  Again- asked if Cabin # was ok.  Took it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

We did two upgrades this month.  We originally booked a guaranteed Inside.  We took an offer for a Verandah.  YES.  Given a particular cabin.  Asked if we wanted that cabin.  So always have a deck plan when you call!

2 weeks later took an upsell offer for a Signature Suite.  Again- asked if Cabin # was ok.  Took it!

Thank you for your help!

NORMALLY, you can pick your cabin (from whatever is still open of course).  I have heard that some people were only able to get guarantees for their upgrade, but this could have been that they booked a guarantee in the first place (just a guess on my part).  So, as otheres have mentioned, have a deck plan handy and give it some thought before hand.

One IMPORTANT thing - if you get an upsell email, call them IMMEDIATELY!  The good deals go in a matter of minutes.

31 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have heard that some people were only able to get guarantees for their upgrade, but this could have been that they booked a guarantee in the first place (just a guess on my part). 

Oh!  Good point.  I have no experience with upsells from a guarantee booking so that may be why I was able to choose from a list.

to follow this same track I assume upsell's can be really good deals in terms of moving up at a low price.  BUT, we recently received two emails and it appeared that the upsell's were just $10 less than the published prices.   We are wiithin 30 days of sailing.......I guess I thought they'd be more enticing.   This was easy to not bite on..........have others had this experience with HAL and upsell's not being a 'deal'?

40 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh!  Good point.  I have no experience with upsells from a guarantee booking so that may be why I was able to choose from a list.

All upsells we have had, all from GUARs, we've been able to choose own cabin. Every time we've been given a list of cabin numbers from the top (C, D etc down, VA, VB, VC down).

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

That far out they’re usually not a good deal.  The closer to the sailing date the better they get.  

Normally you are correct, but last month we were offered an upsell from a Signature to a Neptune for ONLY $99!  And this was 4 weeks prior to sailing.  Needless to say, they went quickly (I know 3 others on our roll call alone took this offer) and were all gone in 2 days. 

So, best thing you can do is monitor the emails closely and strike when you like the price.  Watching the cabin inventory helps also.