New table in Edge sky suite

[g]cruiserke

3 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

This rocking chair looks so useless and out of place.  What do people do with it besides throw clothes on it?

The rocking chair is long gone.  Most who have sailed Edge in Sky Suite cabins are happy with the new tables.

• Like 1

As promised we selflessly sacrificed ourselves to test out the new Sky Suite table for breakfast 😊

We ordered a lot of food (scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bagels, French bread, smoked salmon, cold cuts, warm ham, banana pancakes), condiments (hot sauce, cream cheese, maple syrup, marmalade, butter, S&P) and drinks (coffee, milk, OJ) and it all comfortably fit on the new, large table. 

The table itself we found too low to actually eat from while seated in the balcony chairs so at first we kind of struggled, balancing plates on our lap, and then we hit upon the idea of using the smaller but higher table (the default balcony table in most staterooms) to eat from. 

So we used the big, low, newly added table as a buffet table, and the smaller, higher, old table to eat from. That worked out quite well, very enjoyable. I do think this will only work on some of the larger balconies, the standard Sky Suites on the side of the ship may struggle to use this breakfast setup. 

IMG_20190420_080415.jpg

IMG_20190420_080555.jpg

IMG_20190420_081234.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, [g]cruiserke said:

As promised we selflessly sacrificed ourselves to test out the new Sky Suite table for breakfast 😊

We ordered a lot of food (scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bagels, French bread, smoked salmon, cold cuts, warm ham, banana pancakes), condiments (hot sauce, cream cheese, maple syrup, marmalade, butter, S&P) and drinks (coffee, milk, OJ) and it all comfortably fit on the new, large table. 

The table itself we found too low to actually eat from while seated in the balcony chairs so at first we kind of struggled, balancing plates on our lap, and then we hit upon the idea of using the smaller but higher table (the default balcony table in most staterooms) to eat from. 

So we used the big, low, newly added table as a buffet table, and the smaller, higher, old table to eat from. That worked out quite well, very enjoyable. I do think this will only work on some of the larger balconies, the standard Sky Suites on the side of the ship may struggle to use this breakfast setup. 

IMG_20190420_080415.jpg

IMG_20190420_080555.jpg

IMG_20190420_081234.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! Hopefully when that suite gets its balcony table as seen in the other thread, all will be well.  🙂

13 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the pictures! Hopefully when that suite gets its balcony table as seen in the other thread, all will be well.  🙂

I agree. But I am also curious why X is adding the new tables to the various suites at a painfully slow pace. If the furniture is available, why not just put them  all out in one fell swoop. Are they doing this by deck?

15 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I thought I asked you this earlier but can't find the post so asking again. Have you stayed in both an aft S1 and side S1. If so, I'd like your thoughts. We have an aft S1 on deck 9 for Sept. Originally thought it would have the bed facing the water. There's an S1 on deck 11 available and we're debating switching. We enjoy sitting on the balcony but are not sun lovers and our cruise is 11 nights Greek Isles with 2 sea days. Thanks for your thoughts. 

We had S1 11207. I think our location was good. My concern is aft S1's are so far from The Retreat and Luminae. Here are photos of our S1.

11207.jpg

11207 1.jpg

11207 2.jpg

11207 3.jpg

35 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I agree. But I am also curious why X is adding the new tables to the various suites at a painfully slow pace. If the furniture is available, why not just put them  all out in one fell swoop. Are they doing this by deck?

I wonder if either they are trialing them in a few suites to see how they work or if the supplier only had a certain number and is in the process of obtaining more, which will be picked up in port on Sunday. I hope yours is ready and waiting for you!! 🙂

PS: I just looked and there is only one stateroom left on your cruise? An S2.....

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I wonder if either they are trialing them in a few suites to see how they work or if the supplier only had a certain number and is in the process of obtaining more, which will be picked up in port on Sunday. I hope yours is ready and waiting for you!! 🙂

PS: I just looked and there is only one stateroom left on your cruise? An S2.....

I hope the tables will be there too. Keep fingers crossed for us!

Regarding the S2, the last available inventory keeps changing. 😉

20 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We've already paid a pretty penny for the privilege of staying in our cabin if we choose... 😊

Most definitely!  I concur 100% ... just babbling my thoughts of why they would make an amazing cabin uncomfortable 😞

11 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Most definitely!  I concur 100% ... just babbling my thoughts of why they would make an amazing cabin uncomfortable 😞

Yeah, it's sad.

Imo X shouldn’t dictate to their guests where they should spend their time on vacation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexsarasota said:

Does anyone have info whether the bed looks out to the balcony on SS 10267? We have it reserved in Dec. 

Being an aft S1, it will have the bed against the sidewall and not facing the ocean. You will have a much bigger balcony than the sky suites with the bed facing the ocean and the lovely aft view. 🙂

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Looks like it will be very useful.   Glad Celebrity listened to the complaints and did something about it.   Don't feel bad about it being a low table even the CS on S-Class have just a low cocktail table for dining.  

But they had outdoor table for dining and laptop work.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:02 AM, watchdiva said:

Unless they swap out the super low divan style couch we will not be able to give Edge a try.  With arthritis of the spine there’s no way I will be able to get up from the couch without help.  Crazy when style overtakes substance and functionality.

While I dont have any problem yet getting in or out of furniture. Seems like most of the furniture on the Edge do not have arms to help people up. As to the new table in sky suites. They look nice. I hope that the table can be raised up.

The risers I purchased were 3" risers.... bought on Amazon... can't recall the price...but I think it was less than $10. The seat is only 15" high... so the 3" risers bring it up to 18"... more typical of a chair height.... worked well...

But I will warn you that a lot of the chairs in the public areas are low. If you are using a scooter... you may find it more comfortable to sit on that than in seating in Eden... for example. Some chairs in Martini bar were good... but they have this long sofa that looked a bit low with no arms to assist. Cafe was fine as were seats in the buffet... but you can forget the pool... unless you are comfortable crawling out of one of those loungers and other chairs.

26 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

While I dont have any problem yet getting in or out of furniture. Seems like most of the furniture on the Edge do not have arms to help people up. As to the new table in sky suites. They look nice. I hope that the table can be raised up.

It doesn’t raise. One person described sitting on the floor to eat, but we would probably just bring it out on the veranda and sit on the chairs and bend. We could also ask for an extra Tom Tom and use those as seats. At least there is room for food and beverages and it’s nice to have a coffee table. They were obviously concerned about the table looking good with the rest of the KH design - a high table would have ruined the clean lines.....😉

One last note on risers.... I did note in a letter to Celebrity that they might want to have risers available for those with bad knees. Dont know if they will have them, but I have heard that if you have GERD they can elevate the head of the bed... so I suspect they may have risers of some type on board... so you may want to ask in advance... to see if they can provide them in your cabin

On 4/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, vtcruising said:

So I seem to have missed the Edge table, is there one? I thought I was looking at pictures of S class table. I included my desire for a table when I emailed Celebrity, they did not assure me a table was coming to Edge, but maybe they didn't know.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It doesn’t raise. One person described sitting on the floor to eat, but we would probably just bring it out on the veranda and sit on the chairs and bend. We could also ask for an extra Tom Tom and use those as seats. At least there is room for food and beverages and it’s nice to have a coffee table. They were obviously concerned about the table looking good with the rest of the KH design - a high table would have ruined the clean lines.....😉

Hopefully the contractual time limits will expire soon and X will be allowed to “fix” a lot of the KH design problems. 😉

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I was hoping that it would telescope. Design over function😞. With all the changes coming to Celebrity and reading CC post. I'm thinking land vacations are a better option for us at this time. We are not going to get any younger. In the past few years we had been arriving a few days early and staying post cruise. We have 5 cruises booked with Celebrity at this time. Our next cruise is in 20 days. Hawaii to Vancouver, 4th time. We are going to cancel 2 of our cruises. Land vacation to England in May. Others on the list is Germany, France (Disney and Versailles) and Australia. I'm not bad mouthing Celebrity as much as I'm just re-evaluate how we vacation.

1 hour ago, hulamoon said:

So I seem to have missed the Edge table, is there one? I thought I was looking at pictures of S class table. I included my desire for a table when I emailed Celebrity, they did not assure me a table was coming to Edge, but maybe they didn't know.

The sky suites received a coffee table in place of the Kelly Hoppen rockers.