Veendam Dry Dock Work

Northcliffe12

Hi Jim - thanks so much for all your trouble and the information and photos you have uploaded.  It is really appreciated.  My husband can’t believe someone actually on the ship has replied!  Would it be possible to get a photo of a daily Where and When?  Even just the one page which shows the times of entertainment in each venue which is usually in a box on the third page or thereabouts.

• Like 2

Hi Jim - thanks so much for all your trouble and the information and photos you have uploaded.  It is really appreciated.  My husband can’t believe someone actually on the ship has replied!  Would it be possible to get a photo of a daily Where and When?  Even just the one page which shows the times of entertainment in each venue which is usually in a box on the third page or thereabouts.

Here you are...
aa900dc3995e9a8f0bbdd84ad0218ac9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

This is great news there is still at least a trio in Oceans on the Veendam.  There was a quartet on the Rotterdam last month who would gladly play Ballroom/Latin dance music.    

Edited by ew101
  • Like 2

Appears Veendam still has a full production cast also

Correct John. The Veendam singers and dancers have performed twice so far in the first 6 days.
Jim

• Thanks 1

This is great news there is still at least a trio in Oceans on the Veendam.  There was a quartet on the Rotterdam last month who would gladly play Ballroom/Latin dance music.    

Yes. The ballroom dancers are happy!
Jim

• Like 1

Good news Jim! We'll see how long it lasts

Off topic a bit. I saw a security team investigating some damage near an elevator and one of the security personnel was wearing a body camera. Not sure how long that’s been in use but it’s the first time I’ve seen that.
Jim

13 minutes ago, senorjim said:

Off topic a bit. I saw a security team investigating some damage near an elevator and one of the security personnel was wearing a body camera. Not sure how long that’s been in use but it’s the first time I’ve seen that.
Jim

Body cams for ship security have been in use for just over a year now

• Like 1

We are cruising on the Veendam  in July with 3 grandchildren. Did I understand correctly? Are there now no self service laundry rooms.?

Correct. No more self serve laundry.
Jim

Jim, probably no way for you to know unless you're staying in one, but wondering if the Veendam Neptune suites got the upgrades that Maasdam and the four "R"-class ships received?

Sorry John. I haven’t seen a Neptune nor met anyone staying in one. I’m in a C outside cabin on main deck and we have a new chair at the desk.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Jim! Have they offer any laundry specials like fill a bag type deal?

I think it’s $30 a bag. We get laundry included as a 4 star benefit.
Jim

HI! I'm Silvia from  Italy. I wolud like to know from who sailed on  Veendam if  this ship has good seakeeping abilities. Our stateroom is in the  mid main deck but we suffer a little sea sickness and in the past we always sailed on larger ships....Thanks  in advance!

Silvia

We were last on the Veendam several years ago but have booked a Dec cruise to Cuba.  When we sailed there were buckets catching water leaking from several spots in the ceiling. The ship now looks beautiful and hopefully is in good shape. Looking forward to other posts about your experience.

HI! I'm Silvia from  Italy. I wolud like to know from who sailed on  Veendam if  this ship has good seakeeping abilities. Our stateroom is in the  mid main deck but we suffer a little sea sickness and in the past we always sailed on larger ships....Thanks  in advance!
Silvia

We had some rough seas on the crossing and Veendam handled them well. Captain Steve steered around the storms as best as he could.
Jim

2 minutes ago, senorjim said:

We had some rough seas on the crossing and Veendam handled them well. Captain Steve steered around the storms as best as he could.
Jim

Thank you, Jim. If it's possible, could I have your opinion about food and entertainment on board?

Thank you, Jim. If it's possible, could I have your opinion about food and entertainment on board?

Food has been good and the entertainment average to good.
Jim