Cuba Question

goosemay

Thanks for some valuable info here! I’ve cruised many times, but have a quick question about Cuba. Do we have the choice of paying for an excursion OR a $75 fee? Or does everyone pay the $75 and then choose to go on an excursion or not? I don’t mind paying the fee, but it will help me determine my budget. Thanks!!

2 hours ago, goosemay said:

Thanks for some valuable info here! I’ve cruised many times, but have a quick question about Cuba. Do we have the choice of paying for an excursion OR a $75 fee? Or does everyone pay the $75 and then choose to go on an excursion or not? I don’t mind paying the fee, but it will help me determine my budget. Thanks!!

MSC automatically charges you the $75 on your onboard account for the Visa 

iIf you DONT plan on getting off the ship at all in Cuba you can take the Visa (Not filled out) to guest services and get the $75 credited back to your account 

But why even go to Cuba if you don’t plan on getting off there? 

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

MSC automatically charges you the $75 on your onboard account for the Visa 

iIf you DONT plan on getting off the ship at all in Cuba you can take the Visa (Not filled out) to guest services and get the $75 credited back to your account 

But why even go to Cuba if you don’t plan on getting off there? 

Oh no! Staying on the ship is not an option . I only chose this ship due to the two days in Havana! I’ve been to all the Mexico ports..... Just wanted to anticipate costs.

The visa is required to visit Cuba. It is independent of any excursions. If you are getting off the boat, you need a visa. 

What option you mark on the visa is what comes in to question depending on what tour you have booked. If you are doing an MSC excursion, they tell you to mark People to People. Many people who have independent tours mark Support for the Cuban people, while others, myself included, still mark People to People. You will have to decide for yourself which option to choose. 

edited to clarify: the forms you fill out at embarkation are where you select your reason for visiting, the actual visa just has your personal information (name, birthday, citizenship)

Edited by travelingtink
clarification