Allure Cabin Selection for a Newbie

katmu

Hello my friend and I are looking to book a girls trip on Allure for the Western Caribbean itinerary in December.  We were originally going to do a Baltic cruise on Serenade this summer but I suffered complex tibia plateau fractures last fall and I'm not to the point where my leg will be able to handle 13 days on cobblestones and lots of stairs by July so we've decided to save that for 2020 and try a relaxing Caribbean cruise for this year.  I've only done 1 previous cruise, and it wasn't on RC and my friend has never cruised before.  The sheer variety of cabin types on the Oasis class ships is a bit overwhelming honestly.  Our cruise will stop at CocoCay, Cozumel, CostaMaya, and Roatan if that matters at all.  We know we don't want a suite, and most likely don't want a regular inside but other than than we're having a hard time deciding as we're wondering how much time we'll really spend in the cabin on an Oasis class ship as it seems like there is so much to do?  How do people decide, and I'm thinking middle decks are best?  

We like deck 8, because of it's proximity to Central Park.

If you can afford it, I'd go with an oceanview balcony, because there are not many venues with views to the outside on Oasis class ships.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you can afford it, I'd go with an oceanview balcony, because there are not many venues with views to the outside on Oasis class ships.

Would a cabin location around 8206 be good?  Price wise, I think that could definitely be within our budget.

8 minutes ago, katmu said:

Would a cabin location around 8206 be good?  Price wise, I think that could definitely be within our budget.

I would have noi problem with that stateroom.  Bed is by the balcony, which makes access to the closet easier.  That stateroom may also have a slightly larger balcony because of it's hump location.

Was on Allure last week and had cabin 11203. It's a Central Park Balcony cabin that overlooks Central Park. We got a bottle of wine and free lunch for 2 with this cabin. We really enjoyed sitting out there and people watch, or listening to the live music below. Highly recommend this cabin type!

On 4/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, Host Clarea said:

I second the ocean view balcony for the same reason

OK Bob!  I'll bet you know the answer to this --or know where to find it because I remember a long thread about how to determine the layout of the room on Oasis class.  I like to have the sofa by the glass doors because there is better light for reading.  I want to know how to determine where the sofa is....I know every other room is the same.  I'm looking at 8580.

Do you know?

Thousands of thanks in advance.

We chose  to  go  with  a  Boardwalk  balcony  cabin  on the Allure .   Mostly  because  the hubby  has always wanted to try  these cabins  out.    But when  we were "doing the  homework  "  of cabin  selection  by watching  hundreds  of  youtube  videos ,  I realized  we will  enjoy  3 separate  views.   Definitely  people  watching  on the Boardwalk ,  and there is a great view of the Aqua  Theater  and the activities  that go on there, plus we get a really  great  view of the ocean  as well .   ( we always  cruise  with an ocean view  balcony  ).   The cabin we chose is 12721,  which is  5 cabins back from  the  Aqua  Theater  or aft of the ship .      I will report  back  after our June  cruise  as to whether  or  not  we both liked the  location . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegraminator said:

We chose  to  go  with  a  Boardwalk  balcony  cabin  on the Allure .   Mostly  because  the hubby  has always wanted to try  these cabins  out.    But when  we were "doing the  homework  "  of cabin  selection  by watching  hundreds  of  youtube  videos ,  I realized  we will  enjoy  3 separate  views.   Definitely  people  watching  on the Boardwalk ,  and there is a great view of the Aqua  Theater  and the activities  that go on there, plus we get a really  great  view of the ocean  as well .   ( we always  cruise  with an ocean view  balcony  ).   The cabin we chose is 12721,  which is  5 cabins back from  the  Aqua  Theater  or aft of the ship .      I will report  back  after our June  cruise  as to whether  or  not  we both liked the  location . 

I've sailed 4, soon to be 5 times on Oasis class,  and 3 of those times in a BB.  They are my preferred cabin on Oasis class for the unique views, the very reason that you stated.