Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

16 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Whatever the number in our party, I get all pax Ocean Ready using only my email address. 

Thank you, I thought this would be the case. When using the apps, is it the same? For instance, would we both be able to use the Ocean Compass on two different devices at the same time using a single log in account? 

1 hour ago, Nattyg1723 said:

Thank you, I thought this would be the case. When using the apps, is it the same? For instance, would we both be able to use the Ocean Compass on two different devices at the same time using a single log in account? 

Never tried what you are describing although I’ve seen other posters report that two separate emails are required. 

I’ll defer to others on this. 

7 hours ago, Nattyg1723 said:

No with the other apps, each person needs a separate e mail.....can be same password, but different e mail.  And you don't press "join", you just do "log in".

2 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

Do you need to have Ocean Ready on your device to run the other apps? I have it on my phone but want to know if I need to install it on DH's phone before I install the other apps.

Thanks.

No you do not. 

Think of OR as the portal that's used to register for and gain access to the “Ocean” world. 

Once he’s registered, he can  drive around the “Ocean” world to his heart’s content.  

Hello,

My wife and I are Princess Captain's Circle Platinum members which allows us to use the Priority Line at embarkation.  Does anyone have any comparisons on just using Priority Line check-in to get your Medallions versus using the Ocean Ready app to get your Medallions ahead of time for pickup at embarkation?  I.e.  Which method is 1) faster, and 2) less of a hassle?

Thank you.

annandme;  The Ocean Ready app is useful if you want your medallions mailed to you; however, if you complete the  ocean ready app at home and get two green check marks; that means you are ocean ready. If you choose to get your medallions at the port; once you arrive get in the priority line and show the Princess rep you ocean ready app with the two green check marks.  There will be plenty of Princess ocean ready personnel at the port to help you.  The process is getting better every month.  

AF-1...Thanks for the advice.  Since we will be arriving in Europe several weeks before embarkation, I'd be very concerned about not receiving the Medallions in the mail before we left home.  Getting into the priority line to pick them up would speed things up.  Again, thanks.

8 hours ago, Colgate59 said:

Are the OMs colour coded the same as the cards for loyalty level?

The insert card into which the OM device nests within the plastic case will be either blue or printed to match the promotion du jour. The ones we just received for next week's cruise are advertisements for Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. 

Of course, if you want the insert card to match your status, the kind folks at PCL will happily provide you (for a fee) any loyalty color you want or an insert card that speaks to your nationality, your orientation or any number of other preferences. Aren't they nice??!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

The insert card into which the OM device nests within the plastic case will be either blue or printed to match the promotion du jour. The ones we just received for next week's cruise are advertisements for Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. 

Of course, if you want the insert card to match your status, the kind folks at PCL will happily provide you (for a fee) any loyalty color you want or an insert card that speaks to your nationality, your orientation or any number of other preferences. Aren't they nice??!!

the 'insert card' is not the OM itself ... as you stated ... but the OM's that we received reflected our loyalty status ... just lowly platinum level ...:classic_sad:

Edited by voljeep
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the 'insert card' is not the OM itself ... j/s ...

No Sir/Ma'am, It is not. Below is a photo showing how the insert card fits into the plastic holder. One is for their current Shark Week promotion. The other is their "standard" blue card. 

The actual OM device nests into the hole in the insert card.

I suppose they could easily provide an insert card to match one's loyalty level but by doing so, they would be depriving themselves of a revenue opportunity. 

xCWP0yDcRI+%0oik17DL%Q.jpg

Edited by Ep010835
  • Haha 1

You can buy an insert card for 3 $ showing your status or the flag of your home country and more...

But also the Ocean Medallion comes in different colors matching your status. These are two different things.

Insert cards showing the status (the blue one on the left is the regular one which comes with the OM) plus the different colors of the OM:

RegalPrincess-2019P1210868.jpg.ad5438cd2fc4816d3674691c5a455899.jpg

Here are more insert cards which you can buy:

RegalPrincess-2019P1210866.jpg.93b8cc6742333e7468e465440be6c08d.jpg

And another one:

RegalPrincess-2019P1210867.jpg.92258bb9ac31bf51139bd877c4fc494e.jpg

steamboats

• Like 3

1 for $3 or 2 for $5. 

Mass marketing 101. Gotta love it!! 🤣

Work a deal with the Discovery Channel to pay PCL to print their info on the insert cards then charge people "a nominal sum" to throw those away in favor of something else they might choose purchase.

A while back someone posted some photos of them having made their own insert cards. Kinda clever. Now THAT really opens up some possibilities. I wonder who the censors are for that sort of thing? And to what standard are the homemade varieties judged? What about an NCL or RCCL logo? The possibilities are endless. 

• Haha 1

So I am sailing on Regal the beginning of December and OR is now available. I have completed all the bubbles except for Cruise Personalizer. I click on it and log in but once I go back the bubble never turns green? Is that an issue at all? I presume as long as everything else is complete all should be well?

1 hour ago, tntornadox said:

So I am sailing on Regal the beginning of December and OR is now available. I have completed all the bubbles except for Cruise Personalizer. I click on it and log in but once I go back the bubble never turns green? Is that an issue at all? I presume as long as everything else is complete all should be well?

Go back into cruise personalizer on your phone, scroll down, and check to see if all of the check boxes referring to your credit card for onboard purchsers are checked.  That worked for me.

Stan

On 6/12/2019 at 6:19 AM, Ep010835 said:

Perfectly summarized by PMGS247:

On 6/10/2019 at 6:40 PM,  PMGS247 said:

It's just a ship card in a different shape....

BTW, we’ll be on the same cruise. 

I'm a sufficiently ignorant cruiser - only a few under my belt of which only 1 was Princess (and it wasn't great).  I appreciate all of the knowledge I'm gaining from all of you!

BTW EP010835 - I'm just down the road from you in Garland.  See you on board if not around town!

On 6/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

<<DOUBLE POST - forgot to check "notify me of replies".........

I apologize in advance, but a search didn't give me what I need, and I just couldn't read through 18 pages! <g>

We are booked on a Crown Princess cruise from FLL in November 2019. I have gotten nothing from Princess about this medallion we apparently will be using for that cruise. I checked the Princess web site for my booked cruise page and saw no mention of that either, although I have completed all my "check in" that I can do this far out.

Do I somehow have to contact Princess to order medallions for us? Or will it maybe be automatically sent once we are closer to the sailing date, as in after I've made the final payment and can print our boarding docs and luggage tags? That would make sense to me, but I'm too lazy to call Princess to ask.....😉

Thanks,

Doug

We're on the Crown in September.  Since we just made final payment I was able to become Ocean Ready.  Wait until after final payment.  I had no problems at all 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:05 AM, voljeep said:

the 'insert card' is not the OM itself ... as you stated ... but the OM's that we received reflected our loyalty status ... just lowly platinum level ...:classic_sad:

After spending more and cruising more, you will be Elite in no time ………………………. We will be next cruise :)

On 7/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago) said:

Go back into cruise personalizer on your phone, scroll down, and check to see if all of the check boxes referring to your credit card for onboard purchsers are checked.  That worked for me.

Stan

Our OceanReady is fine, but our DSs won’t show green on the ‘Cruise Personalizer’ on the app, even though it’s fine on My Princess and I’ve been able to print out the boarding passes. Any ideas why it’s not working? Can’t understand if it okay on website and shows complete, yet it won’t show that on the app? 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:28 AM, cruiserdru said:

This software was first released in 2017 ( per Google) and if my people had had these software problems after all this time, we would have lost our government contract, and probably been sued.

Sorry, but real life is real life and there is a problem somewhere, be it the requirements definition, the implementation, or the testing and someone is having pipe dreams. Princess/Carnival, get it together -- you are paying whoever created/maintains this and it does not seem to be coming together and it is more than frustrating for your customers who cannot get a straight answer or directions on what we should be doing. 

In addition, I am tired of hearing that I have tried to do this too early when my Personalizer has directed me to do this and I am tired of reading things about this great and wonderful new technology that Carnival has created that is driving us crazy.

I feel your pain. And having worked in computing all my life, I have to agree with you. But I'd like to add a comment about the new technology. In 1984, I worked for a company in Perth, Western Australia, called Argyle Diamonds. We had a card which we kept in our wallets and when we approached the office door, the door would unlock. The card was programmed to work only Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. The company occupied 7 floors but my card would only work on one specific door. But of course diamonds are Big Money and the company decided to afford the expense for extremely tight security. And security was tight - for instance, I wasn't allowed to visit the diamond sorting area, even if I was accompanied by staff who had known me for years. So, the door-unlocking part of the technology has been around for at least 35 years - in terms of computing, that's like before dirt was invented! I'm looking forward to trying out the other functions of the OM on our next cruise. Cheers. Bill

Edited by OzPilot