Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

9 minutes ago, h-sar said:

NINE more this year?! Wow, you are living my dream! 

What have you found to be the best way (for you) to carry the medallion? 

I love, love, love the clip. I clip it to my collar and never touch it until I change clothes.

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

2 minutes ago, idahospud said:

I love, love, love the clip. I clip it to my collar and never touch it until I change clothes.

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

Nice! I don’t remember the clip on our one and only Medallion cruise. Did it come like this or did you have to special order? 

I have a question about ordering drinks when using the beverage package. If my wife and I are poolside, can I order 2 drinks at once from my phone, and then when they arrive scan both of our medallions, or do we each have to order our own drinks. I know this wouldn't be an issue if we were paying for the drinks, but on a beverage package they won't let you buy each others drinks.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:08 PM, jjr718 said:

I downloaded the Medallion Class app to my Ipad as I have an android phone. Can you tell me if Ocean Play is supposed to be included? I could not find it. 

@jjr718 The MedallionClass app will automatically link you to the PlayOcean experience. If you've previously downloaded it, it will open right up. If its your first time, it will take you directly to the download.

1 hour ago, MountainEER74 said:

I have a question about ordering drinks when using the beverage package. If my wife and I are poolside, can I order 2 drinks at once from my phone, and then when they arrive scan both of our medallions, or do we each have to order our own drinks. I know this wouldn't be an issue if we were paying for the drinks, but on a beverage package they won't let you buy each others drinks.

@MountainEER74 Guests with beverage packages will place separate OceanNow orders. But if you're not on a beverage package, you can adjust the quantity to place an order for multiple drinks - its up to you if you want to share them with your shipmates.

Thanks idahospud.  This is our first Medallion Cruise.  We were on the Royal for a b2b in Florida before the Medallion.

We spent 4 years in Pocatello in 1959-63 as a teacher before we got "starved" out and moved to California.  We enjoyed the time there and the friendly people.  Quacker Don

12 minutes ago, Ceramicpro said:

I haven’t read all of the threads on here, please forgive me if this is a repeat question.  Can I get my medallion at embarkation?  My husband and I want to be “electronic free” and leave the tablets and phones at home.  

Yes, just pick them up embarkation like you did a cruise card.  

1 hour ago, Ceramicpro said:

I haven’t read all of the threads on here, please forgive me if this is a repeat question.  Can I get my medallion at embarkation?  My husband and I want to be “electronic free” and leave the tablets and phones at home.  

Yes you can. 

Tony