Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

47 minutes ago, lemoney said:

If we order accessories for the medallion will we also get the complimentary lanyard?  I think I would like the clip but I would like the lanyard as a back up.  Otherwise I will just get the lanyard and get a clip when we get onboard.  Thanks!  

Image result for princess medallion lanyard

I didn't go back through all the questions so this may have been covered. Will we need to show someone the printed priority boarding passes or will showing our medallions that indicate we are platinum allow us to go to the priority line? Thanks. 😊

43 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I didn't go back through all the questions so this may have been covered. Will we need to show someone the printed priority boarding passes or will showing our medallions that indicate we are platinum allow us to go to the priority line? Thanks. 😊

If you filled out your medallion class or ocean ready app and you have green checkmarks with a bar code; take a screen shot of that and show that to port security.  I did this in Feb at FLL Port Everglades.  No problems at all.  Once you pass port security; you can then show medallion to the Princess reps

Edited by AF-1

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Well, I've got bad news for you if you are getting on in LA. There is NO priority line. You're in the same cattle call line as everyone else. At least that's what I learned Monday October 14, 2019. 

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well, I've got bad news for you if you are getting on in LA. There is NO priority line. You're in the same cattle call line as everyone else. At least that's what I learned Monday October 14, 2019. 

We're boarding in Quebec City. 

9 hours ago, atdahop said:

I have a samsung 9 and I can't get it to clear the pin and the cruise personalizer.  Any advice. Everything is uploaded.  I keep uploading the pin and it reverts back to need to create pin. 

We had the same problem but eventually got it to work. 

Okay, what's the ship date lately?

We are embarking in less than 30 days and have jumped through all the hoops on the app. Everything green. When should we expect our medallions? I've heard several different timeframes, any consistency? Wait it's Princess, "consistency" is not in their vocabulary is it. Anyways, any updates on shipping times?

From people’s experience how soon prior to your cruise can you go online & fill out the information for the medallion. I’m on a Hawaii cruise in November 2020?  

With information on my medallion do I still need to show my passport at embarkation?

Thanks!

Tom😎

6 hours ago, figmentdj said:

We are embarking in less than 30 days and have jumped through all the hoops on the app. Everything green. When should we expect our medallions? I've heard several different timeframes, any consistency? Wait it's Princess, "consistency" is not in their vocabulary is it. Anyways, any updates on shipping 

Our cruise begins Oct. 24. We received our medallions on Oct. 7. We received an email they had been shipped on Oct. 4.

Edited by 1965

On 10/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, figmentdj said:

We are embarking in less than 30 days and have jumped through all the hoops on the app. Everything green. When should we expect our medallions? I've heard several different timeframes, any consistency? Wait it's Princess, "consistency" is not in their vocabulary is it. Anyways, any updates on shipping times?

For an 11/3 cruise we received a shipping email with FedEx tracking information on 10/15.  Our Medallions shipped from Singapore on 10/13 & a couple of hours after receiving the email on 10/15 they were delivered.  Ours didn’t require a signature which was good because we weren’t at home when delivered & got a neighbor to get it from our front porch.

Many others on our roll call reported the same experience.

B4E7C148-0B3F-46BA-91F8-FE09C99AF7B7.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just off my first medallion cruise.  i was pretty pleased.

embarkation, they changed the order of things in los angeles, first you go through security, then you check in.  security was easy, we had our medallions, touched the medallion point, it turned green.  didn't have to show anyone anything else. Security checked out my cans of soda.  then in the next room you go into an area with a bunch of people checking you in.  we had our medallions, i think there was a different line if you need to pick up your medallion. so in the check in they scan your medallion again, and you show your passport.  we were there somewhat early and they were still doing onboarding groups.  the numbers went really fast.  i will say all in all, we were through the whole thing and on ship in under an hour.

onboard, i had prepurchased the internet package, which didn't work until around 12:30, but once hey flipped whatever switch, i was able to log in and internet as needed.  i was oncall for work this day, which is why i had the internet package.

we liked to enjoy a drink or two a day, and we used the medallions with no hassle.  the bars tended to like to use the medallion, waitstaff tended to use the room number.   i kept an eye on the room charges, and they all seemed accurate, nothing i had to dispute.  on every previous cruise i had a charge to dispute.  so i'm happy i wasted no time in line at the desk,

one last thought about the medallion itself, the door functionality was great.  we were in a  cabin at a bend in the hall so we could see our screen as we walked up and it would unlock easily while we were in view of the door.  i brought magnetic hooks, and i hung them up by the bathroom door instead of next to the room door to make sure we weren't triggering the door.  it worked great.

the apps i am less pleased with.  it wasn't real clear why you would use your medallion at the big boards.  i did see some kids playing a game, but i couldn't figure out how to do that myself.  the trivia on deck was fun, but a little bit laggy and buggy causing you to miss questions when you restart the app.  it also doesn't ever show you what the right answer is. i wasn't able to figure out the other app games, and i don't gamble so i didn't try those games.

but the real frustration is the patter.  there is very little information about any of the activities on either the printed patter or the app.  the way the app has the schedule is difficult to read.  the printed patter is so minimal now, if a show is happening twice, it's hard to tell as it only shows at the first show time. it seemed that neither was the best resource.  we still carried our paper patter around.  staff also seemed to have trouble finding things on the app schedule.  i think i'd prefer a list view to compliment the schedule view they have, and better descriptions of what the activities are. 

and the find and chat functions are great except there is still no push notifications for the app, so it is useless to try and coordinate with your shipmates.  i sent my partner a message and he didn't see it for 2 days. so knowing where someone is is useless if you can't message them and they get a notification of the message, at least in my experience.

all in all, i liked the medallion, i found it unobtrusive.  they are at a good first step and i can see building upon this to really smooth out the kinks.

• Like 1