New Royal Caribbean office complex at Port of Miami

They claim they want to attract more digitally oriented talent. I know I'm reaching for the moon here but, maybe they'll be able to hire someone with the talent to build them a web site that actually functions properly.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

They claim they want to attract more digitally oriented talent. I know I'm reaching for the moon here but, maybe they'll be able to hire someone with the talent to build them a web site that actually functions properly.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!   I haven't laughed that much since I was a little girl.  Thank you for that.

In all seriousness, they don't need to attract digitally oriented talent, they just need to hire an external company to do the work for them.  Cruising is their business, not creating websites.  There are far too many good companies out there that excel at eCommerce....just find a good one and get it done.

24 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I like it... dream big!! 😂

RC should sell post cruise excursions to visit the new headquarters.

Maybe do "lunch with an executive"...

I bet quite a few of the  crazy loyalist on this site would pay money for a visit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Can anyone point me to the construction site on Google Maps?  I thought they were building the new HQ on Dodge Island somewhere near the existing HQ building.  Searching for the 825 Le Jeune Rd address in the article on Google Maps takes me to the intersection of SW 42 Ave and SW 8th St with a Walgreens, a gas station, and a Chevy dealer.  Not a likely spot.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Can anyone point me to the construction site on Google Maps?  I thought they were building the new HQ on Dodge Island somewhere near the existing HQ building. 

Yes, the expansion of the HQ is next to their existing office. 

I would like to point out this thread was created in April 2019The original article states that the new building will be completed by October 2020.  This tells me the construction is relatively far along.  The follow up article says it is on hold because of covid.  I think this is more related to not having construction members being close to each other than cash conservation.  Disney has already stopped construction related activities due to covid.

Will RCCL stop construction of the new headquarters and mothball what has already been built is a different subject.  At the minimum I am guessing if they continue with the new build they will pause the renovation of the existing headquarters after moving existing employees to the new building.  Alternatively they will mothball the new construction and keep employees in the existing building.

Of course the incentives come into the equation.

11 hours ago, gatour said:

This tells me the construction is relatively far along. 

I don't know how old the video is in the recent Herald article but here's a screen shot from it:

image.thumb.png.69aa1661c8d294cf4838973c5707e272.png

As you can see it's just west of the existing HQ building.

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Can anyone point me to the construction site on Google Maps?  I thought they were building the new HQ on Dodge Island somewhere near the existing HQ building.  Searching for the 825 Le Jeune Rd address in the article on Google Maps takes me to the intersection of SW 42 Ave and SW 8th St with a Walgreens, a gas station, and a Chevy dealer.  Not a likely spot.

I believe that address was in reference to the UM Medical Building. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The construction seems to still be on hold but:

Monday was the first day back at the office for most Miami employees of Silversea Cruises. Come fall, they'll be reporting to new digs at Royal Caribbean Group's PortMiami headquarters.

'We created space for them,' said Jason Liberty, EVP/CFO Royal Caribbean Group, who oversees Silversea. Now that it's a fully owned brand within the corporation, being closer will create a higher level of interaction, he added, and 'We look forward to helping them in any way we can.'

More synergies

'We've had great success by working together but by actually being together we can create more synergies,' said Silversea's Mark Conroy, managing director, the Americas.

Azamara leaving

With Azamara leaving for its own location as an independent company and Royal Caribbean Group's pandemic reorganization, that created space for the well more than 100 Silversea Miami employees.

This coincided with an opportunity for Silversea to exit its lease in the Wells Fargo Center, a Class A office tower in the upscale Brickell area that's been home to the team since late 2015 when they relocated from Fort Lauderdale.

'As lovely as it is, it's a space better designed for a law firm or an accounting firm,' Conroy said.

According to Liberty, Silversea now has more employees in South Florida than its Monaco headquarters, or very close to that number.

Miami-based positions include reservations, operations, sales, marketing, administration and itinerary planning.

Help with sales representation

'As we become integrated, we're working very closely with our sister companies,' Conroy said. He noted how Vicki Freed, SVP sales sales and trade support & service, Royal Caribbean International, is enabling her sales force to also sell Silversea. 'So we've got 17 salespeople plus access to the largest sales team in the cruise industry as one example of working together,' he continued.

Remote call center support

Another is Celebrity Cruises' providing space in its Kansas City call center for some Silversea agents. Previously, when hurricanes threatened South Florida, Silversea would have to dispatch reservations staff to a remote hotel location and set them up in a meeting room. That will no longer be necessary.

Silversea is the first in the Royal Caribbean Group to bring back its US-based employees who've been working remotely during the pandemic. There is no vaccination mandate in the office but Conroy said most employees are vaccinated.

Silversea's Miami team will be moving to Royal Caribbean headquarters (seatrade-cruise.com)