Cruise Critic Community
jewel825

Horizon Spring Break Review traveling with teens in Havana area

56 minutes ago, funtexascruiser said:

We are staying in a Havana cabin on deck 6 on Horizon in October.  Is there a staircase to get from deck 6 to deck 5 that is convenient?

I believe it depends on what side of the ship your cabin is on. From the videos I have seen, the secret staircase for short cut access downstairs through the Havana Bar is only on Port side as the hallway on Starboard side is marked "Crew Only" and is blocked off. For this reason I would never sail Havana starboard side. I can't believe someone actually came up with that idea and it was executed but whatever, I am not the one building ships. But talk about dumb right? Easy access for anyone booked port side though.

23 hours ago, bdever said:

Thanks Jen for taking the time to answer my questions. That was very nice of you. 7 AM is a bit early for me unless I’m a chair hog and I’m not. I like your analogy of economy + so I will keep that in mind the entire time. I think it might be a good idea to be very generous with tips at the Havana Bar as well as Alchemy Bar and just maybe that might make a difference for service quality. So I will budget for 5x more tips and see what it gets me. I will divorce myself from my expectations and just stick with economy + for Havana overall. The hot tubs in the 100s sound DEVINE though. 

I was on the Vista last May in the Havana area and there were plenty of lounge chairs and what I think you are referring to as "clam shells" available throughout the day.  Are you referring to the bigger, cushioned "loungers" that are sort of like beds?  Set back a row behind the lounge chairs?

Yeah, quite a few of them were available at different times through out the day.

And I agree about the Havana area.  It's awesome and worth the money.