Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Qcruise

Star "Shooters bar" question.......

Recommended Posts

Bottom line is ......is Shooters bar a smoking lounge.....?    Do they have one on the Star....?   I enjoy a cigar now and then cruising and would like to know where that might happen.....thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qcruise said:

Bottom line is ......is Shooters bar a smoking lounge.....?    Do they have one on the Star....?   I enjoy a cigar now and then cruising and would like to know where that might happen.....thanks

Yes, they have one on the Star. Deck 6 forward. This is a smoking bar. It is the only place on the ship where cigar and pipe smoking is allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes, they have one on the Star. Deck 6 forward. This is a smoking bar. It is the only place on the ship where cigar and pipe smoking is allowed.

Does that mean you cannot smoke cigarettes in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you that yes,  you are allowed to smoke cigarettes in the smoking lounge which irritates us cigar folks no end.  WE ARE NOT ALLOWED up on deck with cigarette folks BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED in the ONLY place they put us.  It makes for an overly CROWDED space.  They should allow cigars up on open decks.......had to vent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with Shooters being a smoking  bar is that it also serves as the sports bar and there are TV's tuned to sports most of the time - love my sports but don't like them with cigarette and cigar smoke.  For some reason the Star does not have a Churchill's outside the casino so I guess they substitute Shooters for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

I can tell you that yes,  you are allowed to smoke cigarettes in the smoking lounge which irritates us cigar folks no end.  WE ARE NOT ALLOWED up on deck with cigarette folks BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED in the ONLY place they put us.  It makes for an overly CROWDED space.  They should allow cigars up on open decks.......had to vent.

To non smokers cigars have a pungent smell which travels far. Non-smokers avoid wide areas where cigars are being smoked. This is one reason why they are not allowed on the open decks. While around 28% of adults smoke only about 5% are cigar smokers. It's a good business decision not to allow them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I and many people we know would rather smell a cigar/pipe than a cigarette......the smell is stale and nasty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...