Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mitsugirly

Any requests? Cruising in 5 days! Yikes! No plans

Recommended Posts

This is so unlike me and I can't figure out what to do here. We've been here several times and have been all over the island. I just can't figure out what to do. 

 

We thought about renting the blow-up type boats, but didn't get a response from anyone who has done them...so that worries me. 

 

Any request that someone would like a review on? (I do huge picture heavy reviews for those of you that don't know me). 

 

Give me some ideas guys and gals. I'm stumped. We leave in 3 days and cruise in 5...YIKES!

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! How about Lucky Stables horseback riding? 

 

Trail and Beach Rides (1 hour)

horses in sea

Beautiful winding trails leading you to a splendid lookout point on St Maarten over the Caribbean Sea. You can see Saba and Statia (Sint Eustatius) in good weather conditions. Concluded by a cooling swim with your horse in the Caribbean surf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aquidneck1 said:

Pinel Island

 

We have already done this and absolutely loved it. Review is in signature link.

 

2 minutes ago, FMZ said:

Hi! How about Lucky Stables horseback riding? 

 

Trail and Beach Rides (1 hour)

horses in sea

Beautiful winding trails leading you to a splendid lookout point on St Maarten over the Caribbean Sea. You can see Saba and Statia (Sint Eustatius) in good weather conditions. Concluded by a cooling swim with your horse in the Caribbean surf.

 

The last time we rode horses (and even in the water), my daughter did not like it much and honestly I didn't really either (even though I have rode many horses growing up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If going to Marigot Bay, see which of the yummy French bakeries are open.  I understand that Serafina's is not yet rebuilt.

 

Thanks for checking for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been to "The Yoda Guy" museum? I haven't been yet, but want to go next I'm in St. Maarten, It looks cool! The guy that owns the place is the creator of Yoda from Star Wars & has done a lot in tons of other movies. Him & his wife own & run the place & there's tons of memorabilia & statues from all the movies he's been involved with. If you buy anything from his store, he will give you his autograph & let you take a picture with him. Lot's of info. if you google it. 

 

Little Bay beach also is another place that looked nice. The snorkeling is supposed to be good on the left side of the bay when looking at the water.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have decided to rent some rhino riders to enjoy the morning. This was our original plan but it seems like no one on here has done these before (they seem to get excellent reviews on TA).

 

Anyone know the cost for a taxi from the port to the Simpson Bay area? (For 7 people) Is it $7 pp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hrmkr said:

If going to Marigot Bay, see which of the yummy French bakeries are open.  I understand that Serafina's is not yet rebuilt.

 

Thanks for checking for me

Sarafina's is open! It is now a much smaller version located at Port La Royale in Marigot.  I have read that they will be opening a larger place nearby.  You can find info on Trip Advisor and social media that cannot be named here that rhymes with race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 6:33 AM, mitsugirly said:

We have decided to rent some rhino riders to enjoy the morning. This was our original plan but it seems like no one on here has done these before (they seem to get excellent reviews on TA).

 

Anyone know the cost for a taxi from the port to the Simpson Bay area? (For 7 people) Is it $7 pp?

Please report back on this. We are thinking of doing this as well. 

 

Thank you

Bobbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure you've already come up with plans but when we went last September, we did the ATV tour around the island. I loved that tour. We even got a little beach time. The company was Solid ATV Scooter Rental SXM. My husband tells me it was book thru Carnival. If my memory serves me correctly,  you went to St. Maarten after the hurricane and took pictures of the distruction. You rode with a friend I believe? I'm an avid follower of your picture reviews. =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, bjcruiser said:

Please report back on this. We are thinking of doing this as well. 

 

Thank you

Bobbie

 

Oh she will. She is the queen of reviews.  I've learned so much from Mitsugirly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are here today and just finished riding and it was so much fun!!!!!! I’ll have more and pictures in my review when I return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...