Cruise Critic Community
manders175

Independence of the Seas Hump Cabin 9640. Thoughts?

Hi all,

We will be sailing in March on Independence of the Seas in cabin 9640 which is the center hump balcony cabin on the port side. Anyone have any thoughts they can share about this cabin? I think Liberty and Freedom of the Seas are the same class of ship for anyone who has sailed on her sister ships. Thanks!

Excellent location, nice view from the balcony.  Nothing wrong that I can see.

I was on Independence OTS in early February,  cabin 9342 which is similar to your cabin location, but on the starboard side.

Prior to sailing I was concerned about noise from the elevator lobby and passenger traffic.

During sailing noise from the elevators was never an issue. Noise from passenger traffic was no better or worse than any other cabin I've been in.

Good location on the ship, nice view, I'd do it again.

I have had 9644 - a little farther towards the aft, but still on the hump.  Again, no issues with noise and traffic.

We have had 9640 on the Freedom. I was a great location and a great view. I don't think

you can go wrong with that cabin.

We are going on Indy on April 29th in a Jr. 9338  on the Hump. Have been on this class  15 or so times and hump cabin  six or seven and nice location, no noise.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, 04mach1 said:

We have had 9640 on the Freedom. I was a great location and a great view. I don't think

you can go wrong with that cabin.

Hi there...did 9640 open directly to the opening/hallway of the elevators and stairwell?  Glad to hear it's a good location.  Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

We have this exact cabin on our Oct. 20,2019 cruise. Guess I now need to share this post with the DW. 

Edited by deepcman
Wrong ship

I did get an answer about this cabin in another thread.  I asked about whether the door to the cabin is directly in front of the opening to the stairwell and elevators.  The answer is yes. Meaning when you open your door sometimes you have people staring right at you because they are coming from the elevator and stairwell.  I would hold my door open waiting for my wife while folks walked from the elevator/stair well to the hall way we were in and they see directly in.  Not a big deal, but now that I remember, I'm prepared for it.  It was a bit weird for me at times LOL

We were in 8338 one floor below. Never heard any noise from passengers or elevators or had people looking in.