Cruise Critic Community
chamima

8052 on Pacific Princess

Has anyone stayed in this mini suite?

Is it quiet?

Specifically - is there any noise from above?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, MixerDave said:

Look at this site 

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Pacific-Princess

look at deck 9 - you appear to be below the buffet

I did look.

We've been on the ship and I think we're under the carpeted seating area before you get to the actual buffet.

I think it'll be quiet but was hoping to hear from someone who has been in that cabin.

We booked cabin 8000 which appears to be under the Internet Cafe and Card Room.  Hopefully both of those are carpeted - I've deduced that this could be a quieter location from examining what's above!

33 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We booked cabin 8000 which appears to be under the Internet Cafe and Card Room.  Hopefully both of those are carpeted - I've deduced that this could be a quieter location from examining what's above!

We will be your next door neighbors - we're in 8002!  Thanks for starting the Roll Call.

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

We will be your next door neighbors - we're in 8002!  Thanks for starting the Roll Call.

Excellent!  Guessing from the white space on the other side that I will have officers as neighbors too.  Will be nice to have friendly folks next door.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Should be very quiet there.

They are both carpeted and neither is probably used early or late.

We moved to 8055 after my husband pointed out that 8052 was under the coffee bar part of the buffet - which opens at 5:30 am! 😱 (I had mis-measured exactly where 8052 was)

8055 is under where you walk into the buffet area but no food service there - just tables on carpeting.

Edited by chamima

Chamina (and anyone else reading this thread) - I picked this website recommended from someone here on cruise critic and found it very informative:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/.

After locating your ship, pick your cabin deck and then click on 'drag decks' on the menu.  Then you can place the deck above the one you are interested in to see exactly what is located above you.  Looks like you made a good decision to move to 8055!

Posted (edited)
On one cruise we were in # 8000, a mini, which I really liked. We like it forward. Better flying fish viewing. On another we were in # 8050, next to you. Only mini we could get. When we first moved in there was quite a bit of engine or exhaust stack noise, mostly in the corridor and I thought, Oh-Oh. The lady next door wasn't happy. But after a few weeks her and I compared notes, we both agreed we didn't hardly notice it after the first day or so. I even woke up one night and it was perfectly quiet, I thought maybe we lost power or something and were adrift.

No noise at all in 8000 since we were directly below the card room. But I was concerned about 8050, so I measured it off, and found it is under the short corridor on the port side after one gets off the lift or stairs or comes in from the pool. So no tables there and as for foot traffic noise we never noticed any. 
Edited by kennicott

2 hours ago, kennicott said:
On one cruise we were in # 8000, a mini, which I really liked. We like it forward. Better flying fish viewing. On another we were in # 8050, next to you. Only mini we could get. When we first moved in there was quite a bit of engine or exhaust stack noise, mostly in the corridor and I thought, Oh-Oh. The lady next door wasn't happy. But after a few weeks her and I compared notes, we both agreed we didn't hardly notice it after the first day or so. I even woke up one night and it was perfectly quiet, I thought maybe we lost power or something and were adrift.

No noise at all in 8000 since we were directly below the card room. But I was concerned about 8050, so I measured it off, and found it is under the short corridor on the port side after one gets off the lift or stairs or comes in from the pool. So no tables there and as for foot traffic noise we never noticed any. 

Happy to hear that I guessed right when selecting 8000!  Sounds like capriccio picked a winner too.

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

Chamina (and anyone else reading this thread) - I picked this website recommended from someone here on cruise critic and found it very informative:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/.

After locating your ship, pick your cabin deck and then click on 'drag decks' on the menu.  Then you can place the deck above the one you are interested in to see exactly what is located above you.  Looks like you made a good decision to move to 8055!

That was really cool!

Thank you!

And thank you for the specific directions!

This is a REALLY helpful site for any cruise!!!!

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, kennicott said:

We've got 8050 on a cruise in a few weeks. No chance of switching cabins as the cruise is completely sold out. Guess I'll make sure to pack some foam ear plugs, just in case.

Edited by flamomo

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, capriccio said:

Thanks for this helpful link. I just checked and 8050 is under the seating area of the buffet. As I recall that's carpeted, so I think we'll be okay.

Another way to assess whether the stern noise level is excessive in the two OS suites (and the two Minis) on Deck 6 is to consider that the Club Restaurant is directly below these cabins.

On our last cruise we ate in Club Class, which is located as far forward in the restaurant as you can get, on the starboard side. However, we have been on the Pacific Princess on two other cruises, about a month's duration each, during which we ate dinner both times about as far aft as you can get in that restaurant. No noise or vibration problems at all. But that is our opinion, here is the judgement of a professional cruise evaluator:  "The other surprisingly pleasing feature of the Club Restaurant was the exceptional acoustics. Our expectation that the noise level might reach hard to hear and converse levels simply did not happen, even on the final nights."

On 4/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, capriccio said:

I wish I would have seen this site before we booked 8040 on Pacific last year.  It just shows a blank floor above but knowing the ping pong table(s) are there makes that such an undesirable location.  I'm going to bookmark that site. 

Thanks for posting this.