Cruise Critic Community
Fun lovin

Guaranteed balcony on the Edge

Hi anyone book a guaranteed balcony on the Edge and if so were you happy with your cabin. Thank you

I booked a guarantee balcony the other day for a late June sailing and have already been assigned a cabin. I'm happy, it's a mid ship infinity edge. I got a good price with all 4 perks so I took a chance!

I thought if you booked a guarantee balcony you got none of the perks?  I’m looking at end of June sailing from Rome but price I got for guarantee does not give me perks did you book direct with Celeb? Thank you 

Looking at the US site for X there is a price for a guarantee veranda with no perks or the option at a higher price of all 4 perks. 

I’ll jump in here as we just booked an inside guarantee with four perks on the Edge as part of a promotion for European itineraries which ended yesterday. 

We also sailed on on the Edge on March 31 and we booked a different Edge sailing onboard. We again booked an inside guarantee with two perks.

i don’t know if this is long term or not, but the current shoreside promotion is offering two perks with guarantee booking for any cabin category. If two perks are not purchased, the booking deposit becomes non-refundable for any cabin category.

I’m a new Celebrity cruiser so you can take this information  with a grain of salt, but I’m confident that my response is correct at least for now for bookings made through Celebrity.

2 hours ago, Fun lovin said:

I thought if you booked a guarantee balcony you got none of the perks?  I’m looking at end of June sailing from Rome but price I got for guarantee does not give me perks did you book direct with Celeb? Thank you 

Depends which side side of the pond you are booking as to which perks are available. They are throwing everything at Edge presently to sell the cabins.

Keep in mind the "balcony"  on EDGE is an "Infinite Veranda"...not an outdoor balcony.  We liked it but it is not a true balcony!

Thank you For this - I’ve read quite a number of reviews and I think

id prefer my regular balcony!! 

We booked a guarantee with 2 perks and were assigned what looks like large port hole veranda...reviews showed balcony is very small...emailed celebrity and they called me next day and said is a known problems with lots of complaints and to have our travel agent contact their celebrity rep...we contacted our agent and were upgraded to infinite veranda...we liked the infinite veranda but room is a bit narrower  but overall liked and loved Edge even though a few things could be better

Posted (edited)

Good to know this I’ve seen pictures of that porthole balcony idea on RC site and would not like it!! I suppose this is the risk you take with a guarantee balcony! Although some have had good luck with the guarantee. Would you book an infinite if you going on the Edge again or would you prefer regular balcony? Sorry for all the questions!!

Edited by Fun lovin
Left out word

Posted (edited)

Apologies to OP...maybe you would get the round shape balcony  which is out side..best to check with your TA or X as to what is  included with the balc guarantee...or look through posts, reviews and pictures.

We booked a Sunset Veranda which has a real balc for our next EDGE cruise but enjoyed the Inf veranda...it's just different from a reg balcony as we know it!

It gives more space to the cabin when bi folds are left open..we turned our chairs  facing inward...like a  sheltered sun room  with a big window....but chairs can face the  sea as well. The window parts of the veranda are  glass and  window opens about halfway...AC turns off in the cabin with bifolds open...  there are reviews and posts out there..try search feature,.

Edited by hcat

It sounds more like an ocean view cabin as opposed to a balcony - anyway how bad!!! 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fun lovin said:

I booked this past week on an edge promotion giving all 4 perks, including premium beverage package. There was a guarantee price without perks but it was only $200 less so that was a no-brainer. Maybe it is different in your area. Also, our sailing is June 29 maybe the same as you are thinking of. While I would have loved a sunset veranda, they were sold out. This is my first sailing on the Edge but I live in South Florida and can sail it again in the Caribbean if I want. I wasn't going to be too picky with the cabin and am happy with a midship infinite veranda. We have only one sea day and a port intensive itinerary in Europe so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Edited by ginak1112

Posted (edited)

Yes that is the cruise we are looking at!! He pricing I’ve gotten at the minute is for guarantee balcony - no perks but don’t mind that as we really wouldn’t get value from the beverage package.  I must check it all out tomorrow when I visit my TA. Mid ship infinity - sounds good plus perks great. If we book I’ll let you know!! Have some things to sort out before I can commit to that date. Many thanks 😎😎😎

Edited by Fun lovin
Spelling errors

1 hour ago, ginak1112 said:

I booked this past week on an edge promotion giving all 4 perks, including premium beverage package. There was a guarantee price without perks but it was only $200 less so that was a no-brainer. Maybe it is different in your area. Also, our sailing is June 29 maybe the same as you are thinking of. While I would have loved a sunset veranda, they were sold out. This is my first sailing on the Edge but I live in South Florida and can sail it again in the Caribbean if I want. I wasn't going to be too picky with the cabin and am happy with a midship infinite veranda. We have only one sea day and a port intensive itinerary in Europe so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I think you may like it...it is unique.  Plenty of sun  and loungers on the outside decks!

16 hours ago, hcat said:

It gives more space to the cabin when bi folds are left open..we turned our chairs  facing inward...like a  sheltered sun room  with a big window....but chairs can face the  sea as well. The window parts of the veranda are  glass and  window opens about halfway...AC turns off in the cabin with bifolds open...  there are reviews and posts out there..try search feature,.

I do wonder what those IVs will be like in the Med during the summer when the heat is very intense i.e. if the window is open and the a/c goes off, it will be baking in the room itself. At least with a normal balcony cabin, you can move between the cabin and your balcony when you need a ‘cool’ break. Personally, I think the SVs are the way to go. I do hope X reconsider the cabins on all further E class new builds.