Princess Cuba Cruises

1 hour ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

Any idea when they are going to release the Cuba itineraries? I see Cienfuegos, Havana, and Santiago de Cuba listed as ports of call when you select Cuba as a destination under the Destinations tab when you select Ports of Call.

Cuba Ports.PNG

You're right.  They are listed but if you chick on one of them it says "error". 

Guess at some point Princess will offer port stops in Cuba ... but nothing yet or in the near future. :classic_unsure:

Perhaps with the next release?  They have had releases of new cruises the past two weeks and no news yet about 2020 / 2021 Caribbean cruises so maybe it will happen when those are announced?  It sure seems like they are getting the website ready.

4 hours ago, OCruisers said:

You're right.  They are listed but if you chick on one of them it says "error". 

Guess at some point Princess will offer port stops in Cuba ... but nothing yet or in the near future. :classic_unsure:

I think all Grand class and larger ships are too big for the port infrastructure in Cuba.

We were told that all Princess ships(with the exception of the one small one they still have?) are too big for the terminals. We just got back from NCL Sky(my 3rd time) from Cuba & LOVED the ship. We were thinking the whole time how horribly we're treated on Princess compared to the Sky - and we're Elite!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

We were told that all Princess ships(with the exception of the one small one they still have?) are too big for the terminals. We just got back from NCL Sky(my 3rd time) from Cuba & LOVED the ship. We were thinking the whole time how horribly we're treated on Princess compared to the Sky - and we're Elite!

In what way were you treated better on the Sky, than your treatment on Princess?

7 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Did you enjoy it?

Yes, definitely. I didn't realize until we were onboard that all drinks were included in the price of the cruise. I think it was a special at the time we booked as it was a fairly last minute cruise. Not knowing what the future holds regarding travel to Cuba, I figured we'd go while we could. We learned a lot about Cuba while we were there.

Oddly enough, we sailed the same ship with a different name twelve years earlier in Hawaii. NCL renamed the ship when they no longer based it in Honolulu. (Which is why the Norwegian Sky has Hawaiian flowers on the side, LOL. It used to be Pride of Aloha.)

5 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

In what way were you treated better on the Sky, than your treatment on Princess?

Every crew member was amazing, even the bathroom cleaners would smile & ask if you were having a good cruise.

At dinner the hostess & server would call you by name & always have a table for two without any problem.

We asked for a specific waiter & he happened to be working in the buffet one night. They called & had him come down to wait on us.

At lunch one day I saw key lime pie & by the time I went to get it an hour later they told me they were out. I asked the supervisor if they would have it again at some point. She told me to wait a few minutes, then she appeared with a piece for me.

I saw the bartender stocking Crown Royal & asked him what he did with the bags they come in. He gave me the one he had & told me to come back in a few hours - I did & he had 4 more for me. 

Met a sous chef & talked for awhile - later that night we had chocolate covered strawberries sent to our cabin from him.

More strawberries & a bottle of wine for us in our cabin since we were doing a back to back.

Over & over we felt like we were treated like royalty.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Yes, definitely. I didn't realize until we were onboard that all drinks were included in the price of the cruise. I think it was a special at the time we booked as it was a fairly last minute cruise. Not knowing what the future holds regarding travel to Cuba, I figured we'd go while we could. We learned a lot about Cuba while we were there.

Oddly enough, we sailed the same ship with a different name twelve years earlier in Hawaii. NCL renamed the ship when they no longer based it in Honolulu. (Which is why the Norwegian Sky has Hawaiian flowers on the side, LOL. It used to be Pride of Aloha.)

NCL Sky always includes open bar in the cruise fare. 

9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Every crew member was amazing, even the bathroom cleaners would smile & ask if you were having a good cruise.

At dinner the hostess & server would call you by name & always have a table for two without any problem.

We asked for a specific waiter & he happened to be working in the buffet one night. They called & had him come down to wait on us.

At lunch one day I saw key lime pie & by the time I went to get it an hour later they told me they were out. I asked the supervisor if they would have it again at some point. She told me to wait a few minutes, then she appeared with a piece for me.

I saw the bartender stocking Crown Royal & asked him what he did with the bags they come in. He gave me the one he had & told me to come back in a few hours - I did & he had 4 more for me. 

Met a sous chef & talked for awhile - later that night we had chocolate covered strawberries sent to our cabin from him.

More strawberries & a bottle of wine for us in our cabin since we were doing a back to back.

Over & over we felt like we were treated like royalty.

Yes, I would say everyone went out of their way for you.  How very nice!

18 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Definitely provide the source please. The press conference was obscenely lacking in detail. 

I guess that you are right.  Sorry.  Just another new policy with no implementation rules.

DON