Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We've been to CUBA twice on SKY....excellent cruise...would do again, but we would like to get to more ports...

Unfortunately this past cruise (April 7 to 14) on REGAL has put me off cruising for a while....I got either food poisoning or a stomach virus on Tuesday early morning....violent vomiting....was sick till Thursday...we were told that under 10% were sick.?????....(more bout this in another post)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fortunately we didn't wait either for Princess to get its act on Cuba together as we were able to have a great visit in Cuba and the farming countryside last September off of Regent's Seven Seas Mariner. Seems like if Frank Del Rio is such a great fan of the Donalds he could get him to back off this silliness.  Bonkers Bolton seems intent on doing otherwise though. Reality is:  “Ambassador Bolton’s speech conflated Cuba with Venezuela, and he announced a policy approach that does the same. The two countries are different, living through very different moments, and to exploit events in Venezuela to settle Cold War scores with Cuba is a distraction from real needs in Venezuela.”
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see Princess doing it anytime soon. With the changes put in place by the President and the lawsuits that will be filed by Corporations for losses when Fidel Castro took over cruising to Cuba could be open. Since the Cruise lines  need to plan ports 9 to 12 months ahead of time, to much risks for Cuba now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted in the thread about the Pacific Princess return to Tahiti that Princess has announced Cuba itineraries to TAs.  Looks like the Pacific Princess will cruise there from FLL in late 2020 / early 2021, that is, if Cuba cruises are still allowed by that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess press release..yes Tahiti, no mention of Cuba. Also, their 2020-21 program launch has no mention of Cuba.

 

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (April 15, 2019) – In 2020, Princess Cruises guests will enjoy the welcoming spirit and idyllic islands of French Polynesia when the cruise line returns to Tahiti with the intimate Pacific Princess, offering a series of roundtrip cruises for the first time since 2015. Tahiti and French Polynesia cruises open for sale on April 17, 2019. Guests will discover a trove of unspoiled treasures with sparkling lagoons and white-sand beaches available on five, 10-day Tahiti & French Polynesia departures, sailing roundtrip from Tahiti (Papeete). Every voyage includes overnight calls in Tahiti’s capital Papeete and romantic Bora Bora, as well as a late-night stay in Raiatea. Additional ports includes Huahine, Rangiroa, and Moorea. Cruise vacations begin Oct. 5, 15, 25 and Nov. 4 and 14, 2020 starting at $1,999. “Tahiti and French Polynesia lure travelers from all over the world ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, victory2020 said:

Every crew member was amazing, even the bathroom cleaners would smile & ask if you were having a good cruise.

At dinner the hostess & server would call you by name & always have a table for two without any problem.

We asked for a specific waiter & he happened to be working in the buffet one night. They called & had him come down to wait on us.

At lunch one day I saw key lime pie & by the time I went to get it an hour later they told me they were out. I asked the supervisor if they would have it again at some point. She told me to wait a few minutes, then she appeared with a piece for me.

I saw the bartender stocking Crown Royal & asked him what he did with the bags they come in. He gave me the one he had & told me to come back in a few hours - I did & he had 4 more for me. 

Met a sous chef & talked for awhile - later that night we had chocolate covered strawberries sent to our cabin from him.

More strawberries & a bottle of wine for us in our cabin since we were doing a back to back.

Over & over we felt like we were treated like royalty.

What a nice experience. Glad you enjoyed it. I have also found that I can have a nice experience outside of Princess. I’m happy that I didn’t fall prey to the cruise line loyalty programs. It seems like the top tiers on all of the lines have complaints.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Princess press release..yes Tahiti, no mention of Cuba. Also, their 2020-21 program launch has no mention of Cuba.

 

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (April 15, 2019) – In 2020, Princess Cruises guests will enjoy the welcoming spirit and idyllic islands of French Polynesia when the cruise line returns to Tahiti with the intimate Pacific Princess, offering a series of roundtrip cruises for the first time since 2015. Tahiti and French Polynesia cruises open for sale on April 17, 2019. Guests will discover a trove of unspoiled treasures with sparkling lagoons and white-sand beaches available on five, 10-day Tahiti & French Polynesia departures, sailing roundtrip from Tahiti (Papeete). Every voyage includes overnight calls in Tahiti’s capital Papeete and romantic Bora Bora, as well as a late-night stay in Raiatea. Additional ports includes Huahine, Rangiroa, and Moorea. Cruise vacations begin Oct. 5, 15, 25 and Nov. 4 and 14, 2020 starting at $1,999. “Tahiti and French Polynesia lure travelers from all over the world ...

 

It's mentioned on this thread and the itineraries are there as well.  Go toward the end - the posts about Cuba started on Tuesday (this week)

 

Edited by azbirdmom
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, richmke said:

 

reposted the images below. It references a link that is not yet working: https://www.princess.com/cuba

Cuba1.jpg

Cuba2.jpg

 

Hmm, based on that it would kill off the holiday cruise that Princess has been doing on Pacific.  I like that holiday cruise, and take it when I can, so that would really annoy me.  Personally, I have zero interest in Cuba, and honestly have never quite figured out what the fascination everyone seems to have with doing it is for.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Cuba now officially dead?    Have not heard anything from the TA.   Thought reservations would start on May 1st or 2nd.   Has anyone heard anything more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 1:49 PM, piper28 said:

 

Hmm, based on that it would kill off the holiday cruise that Princess has been doing on Pacific.  I like that holiday cruise, and take it when I can, so that would really annoy me.  Personally, I have zero interest in Cuba, and honestly have never quite figured out what the fascination everyone seems to have with doing it is for.  

Because it’s a place we have never been and Princess rarely adds  new itineraries. Another reason might be to see Cuba before it’s is commercialized.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one quite knows what's happening with Cuba cruises at the moment.

John Bolton gave a speech about new policy prohibiting tourism except for families but it has not been officially been put into effect and no one knows if it actually will go into effect!!

I imagine that airlines and cruise companies will be lobbying against this change but who knows what actually will happen???

We had a Cuba cruise booked and I cancelled it until things are clearer!

It may all work out but we don't like uncertainty!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Because it’s a place we have never been and Princess rarely adds  new itineraries. Another reason might be to see Cuba before it’s is commercialized.

Hurry  been there 3 times in 2 years and this is what I saw last month 

20190403_191605.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have to do more than just Cuba. Flying to and from Florida from California for a 7 day cruise is crazy. We would have to have another cruise we wanted to do that would works as a B2B.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have flown from California several times for a 7 day cruise and will be doing so again in the fall.

It's not any crazier than going to Hawaii for a week or to NYC or anywhere for a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my TA specifically about Cuba.. he is s heavy Princess booker and usually has blocks of cabins.. he says they haven’t been given any info yet for Cuba.. he will let me know when he hears... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...