Cruise Critic Community
CowboyJ

Spectrum of the Seas Entertainment

Has anyone heard about what Entertainment/Shows will be on the Spectrum of the Seas?  We are booked to go in October. 

Thx!

The headliners will be Asian themed and picked for the market.  It might be visual in nature, but the primary language will be Mandarin.  Shows in the 270 will be Visual in nature.  All shows will be Mandarin first, with English secondary when needed.   You booked a "culturally enriching cruise".

24 minutes ago, CowboyJ said:

Has anyone heard about what Entertainment/Shows will be on the Spectrum of the Seas?  

The cruise planner may start showing some shows available for booking. The RCI app will likely start showing some things in the next few weeks - currently nothing listed for shows even though itineraries through July are on the app.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The cruise planner may start showing some shows available for booking. The RCI app will likely start showing some things in the next few weeks - currently nothing listed for shows even though itineraries through July are on the app.

Nothing has come up on the Cruise Planner regarding the shows yet and I haven’t seen any information online. I’m sure it will be good whatever it ends up being. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

The headliners will be Asian themed and picked for the market.  It might be visual in nature, but the primary language will be Mandarin.  Shows in the 270 will be Visual in nature.  All shows will be Mandarin first, with English secondary when needed.   You booked a "culturally enriching cruise".

Good thing we speak Mandarin!  Thx!

谢谢

Edited by CowboyJ

Spectrum of the Seas will have two productions shows in the Royal Theater and one Two70 Show. In the theater they have Showgirl, a Vegas-style show which is currently on Navigator, and The Effectors, which I think is a superhero themed musical with the different heroes themed to theater stage effects like Lights or Sound. In Two70 I know they are working on a new show called The Silk Road. Everything is in English and most of the headliners are English-speaking singers and magicians who might try to speak a few words of Mandarin, but it is all visual or music heavy.

The Showgirls on Spectrum is supposed to me much bigger compared to Navigator.  Instead of the 5 showgirl cast on Navigator there will be 18 showgirls on Spectrum.  

7 hours ago, BaikG said:

Spectrum of the Seas will have two productions shows in the Royal Theater and one Two70 Show. In the theater they have Showgirl, a Vegas-style show which is currently on Navigator, and The Effectors, which I think is a superhero themed musical with the different heroes themed to theater stage effects like Lights or Sound. In Two70 I know they are working on a new show called The Silk Road. Everything is in English and most of the headliners are English-speaking singers and magicians who might try to speak a few words of Mandarin, but it is all visual or music heavy.

I can verify this is 100% true...also the same cast is Showgirl does Effectors. Both are great shows and the cast is amazing! The Silk Road will also be a spectacular show!!

7 hours ago, twangster said:

The Showgirls on Spectrum is supposed to me much bigger compared to Navigator.  Instead of the 5 showgirl cast on Navigator there will be 18 showgirls on Spectrum.  

Close. The Navigator has a total cast of 12 and the Spectrum has a cast of 29. But you are right that while the same show Spectrum will be "super sized". Can't wait to start seeing the pics during this weeks inaugural cruise!!

10 hours ago, CowboyJ said:

Nothing has come up on the Cruise Planner regarding the shows yet and I haven’t seen any information online. I’m sure it will be good whatever it ends up being. 

For Asia cruises, they don’t have shows available to book on the Cruise Planner. The only show you will need a reservation for is the Two70 show which is The Silk Road. They will usually have a box office set up onboard on Day 1 or you can just call Guest Services from your stateroom telephone to reserve a spot. If they happen to run out, they also have a VIP experience for the Two70 shows for $29 each for the best seats in house, hors d’oeuvres, and cocktails. 

9 hours ago, BaikG said:

Thank you for all the info!

4 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Close. The Navigator has a total cast of 12 and the Spectrum has a cast of 29. But you are right that while the same show Spectrum will be "super sized". Can't wait to start seeing the pics during this weeks inaugural cruise!!

The numbers quoted were the actual number of showgirls, not the entire cast of the show.  However I'll concede the numbers came from a non-showgirl member of the cast who may have miscounted his fellow performers.  

15 hours ago, CowboyJ said:

Good thing we speak Mandarin!  Thx!

谢谢

Hi Cowboy -  glad you can speak Mandarin.  I also see you booked a closed loop from Shanghai, so that was the reason for my response.  Many people tend to get "confused" during these cruises expecting everything to be English.  Some posters that responded are basing things on the Global cruise that starts today.  By the time your cruise I would expect things to be different.  Your knowledge of the local language will be a plus.  You might want to come back to this question, after mid June when the ship begins normal services.  Those cruises will give you the best idea of what will be on the ship, when you go.

A couple of things are starting to be listed in the app.

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Hi Cowboy -  glad you can speak Mandarin.  I also see you booked a closed loop from Shanghai, so that was the reason for my response.  Many people tend to get "confused" during these cruises expecting everything to be English.  Some posters that responded are basing things on the Global cruise that starts today.  By the time your cruise I would expect things to be different.  Your knowledge of the local language will be a plus.  You might want to come back to this question, after mid June when the ship begins normal services.  Those cruises will give you the best idea of what will be on the ship, when you go.

Thx. One of the times we cruised out of Singapore we were the ONLY Americans on the ship!  Everyone else was from either Singapore, Malaysia, China or Japan. Doesn’t bother me one bit and I enjoy having fun with everyone!

谢谢

On 4/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, CowboyJ said:

Has anyone heard about what Entertainment/Shows will be on the Spectrum of the Seas?  We are booked to go in October. 

Thx!

Maiden voyage:

Mo5aic played last night.

the feathery Showgirls show won’t start till day 12.

21 minutes ago, little britain said:

Maiden voyage:

Mo5aic played last night.

the feathery Showgirls show won’t start till day 12.

Not true. SHOWGIRL will be opening on the Barcelona-Dubai cruise. The Silk Road is due to open in Two 70 between Dubai and Singapore and Effectors is due to open before Shanghai. Of course all dates are subject to change.

1 hour ago, SakeDad said:

Not true. SHOWGIRL will be opening on the Barcelona-Dubai cruise. The Silk Road is due to open in Two 70 between Dubai and Singapore and Effectors is due to open before Shanghai. Of course all dates are subject to change.

SakeDad, she is ON the Barcelona-Dubai cruise.  She said that Showgirls will be on Day 12 of their cruise.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

SakeDad, she is ON the Barcelona-Dubai cruise.  She said that Showgirls will be on Day 12 of their cruise.

Totally my mistake....apologies. 

Posted (edited)

Day 2: Paul Zerdin winner of Americas got Talent

Day 3: Mary Poppins Teturns on the big screen and “direct from Las Vegas “ Phoenix a tribute to classic rock 

Edited by little britain