Necessary to print e-docs?

FolsomMike

We've never done that.  Just keep it in a file on your device.  It's a good idea to print out your boarding passes, as you will get through much quicker.  If you have pages indicating perks, restaurant reservations, etc. then you could just print out that page.  I prefer to make copies of the confirmation emails from Celebrity when I initially booked them.  Have a wonderful cruise on Edge and please let us know how you enjoyed it!

26 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

I just received my e-docs for my June Edge cruise and the email states that I need to print the entire document (almost 20 pages) and bring it to embarkation. I’m guessing this is not really necessary.  Thoughts?

Nope. All I print is our Setsail Passes. It actually says, " to print the entire document and bring it to embarkation".😕

Edited by davekathy

13 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

I just received my e-docs for my June Edge cruise and the email states that I need to print the entire document (almost 20 pages) and bring it to embarkation. I’m guessing this is not really necessary.  Thoughts?

Interesting. This is a cruise line that is saving paper by not printing daily newspapers or crossword puzzles. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

Absolutely no need to print them.  We just email a copy to ourselves (as an attachment) before leaving for each cruise so that we can have them readily accessible in case we should need them. 

But in all our years of cruising, we have never needed them, not even once.

The exception:  if the cruise line is providing any transfers or vouchers for us, then we just print those pages.

Otherwise, the only document from Celebrity to print and bring to embarkation is the first page of the xpress pass, and even that is not essential because if you should forget it or lose it, you can still board without it.  You just give them the information when you check in.

This is much the same way that Celebrity tries telling passengers that they need to waste their time printing or ordering luggage tags in advance of their cruise, something else that there is no need to do as the porters who take the luggage at the pier will tag your luggage right there, in only a few seconds.

Edited by varoo

You may have to show cruise documents at Port Everglades to get through the security checkpoint when driving in.  I don't think it's necessary to print out everything, but you should have something "official" that shows you have business at the port that you can produce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

You may have to show cruise documents at Port Everglades to get through the security checkpoint when driving in.  I don't think it's necessary to print out everything, but you should have something "official" that shows you have business at the port that you can produce.

Boarding passes (Set Sail Passes) are all that's necessary to print out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Boarding passes (Set Sail Passes) are all that's necessary to print out.

Not necessary, but preferable.

So don't panic if you can't print it or can't find it.  You will still be able to board the ship, even at a port with high security.  It just may take a little longer.

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

Agree

4/07/19 cruise on Edge did everything from my phone, it took minutes to get onboard , never printed a thing.  Once your bags were scanned on the ship in less than 3 minutes.

If you have airline reservations through Choice Air it's good to have the page with Record Locator numbers available as an email to yourself, and if you've booked transfers or hotel vouchers, it may be good to print those. We always print our Xpress pass since it sometimes is good to have to allow you access to the port.

• Like 1