Symphony “Suite Sun Deck” questions

What are the hours of the suite sun deck on Symphony? I read somewhere that the bar is rarely open. Is the hot tub “hot” or cool. Is it hard to get a cabana or lounge chair? Can you use the hot tub at night? Any info would be great. 

1 hour ago, amyhphoto said:

What are the hours of the suite sun deck on Symphony? I read somewhere that the bar is rarely open. Is the hot tub “hot” or cool. Is it hard to get a cabana or lounge chair? Can you use the hot tub at night? Any info would be great. 

I heard they eliminated the cabanas due to Hooked below

14 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

we just got off harmony..and while not the same ship, we used the suite sun deck....this is on port days...the bar opens at 1pm, it is a hot tub..very hot with bubbles.....cabanas and chairs always available....all the people we met up there were very friendly 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

we just got off harmony..and while not the same ship, we used the suite sun deck....this is on port days...the bar opens at 1pm, it is a hot tub..very hot with bubbles.....cabanas and chairs always available....all the people we met up there were very friendly 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably because it is way under utilized. 

So you're saying you think it's empty often? I used it in 2010 on Allure and it was a ghost town most days but I assumed with the addition of the hot tub and the fancy seating that there would be more people using it. 

5 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. 

So you're saying you think it's empty often? I used it in 2010 on Allure and it was a ghost town most days but I assumed with the addition of the hot tub and the fancy seating that there would be more people using it. 

Haven't done Symphony,  but it was empty every day on Harmony. Cabanas were hit or miss, but I'm pretty sure they dont exist on Symphony.

Oasis was empty during day in March.

We've never been up there at night

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Allure has a hot tub on suite deck?

Really, 

That's new since 2017.

Safe travels.

Im sorry I meant that Allure didn't have a hot tub in 2010, so I assumed that since Symphony added a hot tub, the sun deck would be more crowded. 

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On both trips on Harmony, the kids had figured out how to open the gate at the bottom of the stairs to use the hot tub. They were NOT Suite Guests. 

It was easy to get a drink at the bar and a seat. 

Easy solution. 😎😇

No, Allure does not have a hot tub there....unless they have gotten it in the past three months.  The suite lounge area has almost always been pretty empty every time I have used it (on all four ships).  Nice.

Edited by truffles2
corrected spelling

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On both trips on Harmony, the kids had figured out how to open the gate at the bottom of the stairs to use the hot tub. They were NOT Suite Guests. 

It was easy to get a drink at the bar and a seat. 

How did they open the gate? I couldn't  even open it with the proper sea pass on  Symphony . 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

How did they open the gate? I couldn't  even open it with the proper sea pass on  Symphony . 

m

Lock on Harmony was never latched in the two weeks I was aboard. But it seems an easy hop for someone who wants to get in.

20181003_103133.jpg

Oasis seems a little more secure

Edited by John&LaLa

I was just on the Symphony on the March 30 sailing.  Yes, there is a hot tub and it is hot! Put my hand in and  that was a no go! 😲It is situated close to the bar, so those who decided to brave the hot water would have refreshments close at hand. 😄 Regarding availability of loungers, etc. on sea days it was obvious that the chair hogs also reside in suites.  😏  To my dismay, it seemed that there was no monitoring of the situation.  We decided to stay on the ship in Nassau, and had a chance to enjoy the Suite deck.  Also, I should mention that when we were up there on a sea day and finally found a place to park, it was quite breezy.  Ladies, I might suggest bringing a hat that fits securely on your head with not too large of a brim!  Also, Suite Deck entrance was very secure.   Enjoy!

Edited by Dr. Pam

1 hour ago, Dr. Pam said:

I was just on the Symphony on the March 30 sailing.  Yes, there is a hot tub and it is hot! Put my hand in and  that was a no go! 😲It is situated close to the bar, so those who decided to brave the hot water would have refreshments close at hand. 😄 Regarding availability of loungers, etc. on sea days it was obvious that the chair hogs also reside in suites.  😏  To my dismay, it seemed that there was no monitoring of the situation.  We decided to stay on the ship in Nassau, and had a chance to enjoy the Suite deck.  Also, I should mention that when we were up there on a sea day and finally found a place to park, it was quite breezy.  Ladies, I might suggest bringing a hat that fits securely on your head with not too large of a brim!  Also, Suite Deck entrance was very secure.   Enjoy!

Thank you for actually answering my questions, awesome!! 

1 hour ago, Dr. Pam said:

But no cabanas, correct?