Game of thrones

deb18

2 minutes ago, deb18 said:

Is the new season available to be seen onboard?  

Not likely as I have never seen an HBO show on the TV of any Celebrity ship.  But of course you could use HBO-Go on your device if connected to the ship WiFi.

Look at the good side. When you return you'll have some catching up to look forward to.

I was able to watch Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime on my Chrome Laptop, with an unlimited internet package. If you have Prime, you could re-watch the other seasons.

2 hours ago, deb18 said:

Is the new season available to be seen onboard?  

Not likely 😞   Will miss S8 Ep5 for sure and S8 Ep6 (finale) will be airing as I am in the air coming home.  I will have to wear noise-cancellation headphones to avoid any spoilers!

Bummer.   Looks like we will miss the last 3 episodes.  From what I can see, all our streaming options will be blocked in Europe.  Obviously a very tiny concern, but still, I had thought we would be able to stream it.  Guess it's more time at the martini bar lol :)

• Like 2

I wonder if you will be blocked on the ship.  I believe the satellite service bounces through RCL's data center in Miami so you should have an IP address known to be in the US??

Here is an article which talks about using a VPN to get HBO while out of the country.  But there are many reports of VPN's being blocked on Celebrity ships.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreymorrison/2017/08/20/how-to-watch-hbo-while-travelling/#6418d3a325c0

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Bummer.   Looks like we will miss the last 3 episodes.  From what I can see, all our streaming options will be blocked in Europe.  Obviously a very tiny concern, but still, I had thought we would be able to stream it.  Guess it's more time at the martini bar lol 🙂

Tape it...