Jump to content

Car Seats & MIAMI


PumpkinPatches
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey parents!

 

My family and I will be sailing out of Miami next year.  We have 2 kids (2 years and 8 months old) with us.  I understand that Florida has a law that all kids under 5 MUST be in car seats.  I really don't want to have to lug around my car seats on the trip.  So looking for your recommendations for shuttle services that provide car seats around Miami.

 

We will be booking hotels that offer free airport transportation... hopefully they just let my kids ride on my lap for that short ride, but we'll be needing to hire a shuttle company for the ride from our hotel to the cruise port.

 

I guess while I'm at it - if you have any hotel recommendations as well that would be fantastic!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just get a hotel that offers a ride to the port. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in Miami:

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

400 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, Fl 33004 P 954.342.8333

 

and they had a free shuttle to the airport and POM. It was a minibus - no car seats needed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you do pick an Uber or Lyft with car seat, it's unlikely they will have 2 car seats.  We are taking my 2 year old on our first cruise next month and booked a hotel with a shuttle to the airport and cruise port as recommended above.  We're staying at the Hampton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in Miami:

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

400 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, Fl 33004 P 954.342.8333

I just realized that I said Marriot in MIAMI, but it was actually in FLL. We sailed out of Miami, so I got confused. The hotel above only had the shuttle to FLL airport and Port Everglades, not to POM, since the hotel itself is in Ft Lauderdale. I apologize for the confusion, but you get the idea - stay in a hotel that has a bus shuttle for while you won't need a car seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have stayed in hotels in Miami (Hampton, Hilton Garden...)and the shuttles from the airport were large vans, not mini-bus, so car seats would have been required.  The shuttles to the port were larger vehicles, mini-bus or full size bus, pulling a trailer for luggage.  EM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2019 at 12:02 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

just get a hotel that offers a ride to the port. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in Miami:

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

400 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, Fl 33004 P 954.342.8333

 

and they had a free shuttle to the airport and POM. It was a minibus - no car seats needed.

 

This. We do this too. Shuttle from the airport to the hotel, then shuttle to the terminal. It's easy and perfect for avoiding the pesky car seat rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many days are you staying in Miami before the cruise? We stayed 3 days in South Beach before our cruise and rented a car with our own carseat. We returned the car to the airport and took the car rental big shuttle bus to the POM that did not require a carseat. Just another option to consider if you are staying a few days. But only certain car rentals have access the shuttles I think.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, Essiesmom said:

 

I have stayed in hotels in Miami (Hampton, Hilton Garden...

 

Somewhat OT but I have been trying to find a review of the Miami Airport Hilton Garden, and particularly their parking area. Are you able to provide me with any feedback? I want to make sure our car seats (and our car) don’t walk away while we are cruising. Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, ewespinme said:

Somewhat OT but I have been trying to find a review of the Miami Airport Hilton Garden, and particularly their parking area. Are you able to provide me with any feedback? I want to make sure our car seats (and our car) don’t walk away while we are cruising. Thanks! 

I don't know about the Miami area, but we routinely left our $300 Britax Frontier and a $100 Diono Monterey in the car at the ATL aiport parking and they never walked away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

don't know about the Miami area, but we routinely left our $300 Britax Frontier and a $100 Diono Monterey in the car at the ATL aiport parking and they never walked away

Thanks. Airport parking usually has a security presence. In contrast I know the area around MIA from when I used to live in Miami and, at least then, is not the kind of place I would want to leave my car unmoving and unattended for an extended period. That is why I was hoping for a recent review.  But the hotel reviews are pretty mixed also so I think we will stay elsewhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...