Cruise Critic Community
kwahl1

Porto and Porto airport

We are booked on the Emerald Radiance sailing the Douro River in August. We need to fly out of Porto and looking at the times, can anyone say if these time are doable? We are going to Tegel-Berlin from Porto. Morning flights leave 5, 6 and 7 AM Can we make them with disembarking on the final day?

The other options are late afternoon and very late arrival into Berlin, airport hotel.

KEN

You can certainly disembark on the day of your departure from Porto. Based on passenger departure flight times, Emerald will provide transfers from the ship to the airport to get you there within the recommended check-in times, which in your case would be 90 minutes. In the early morning it shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to get from the port to the airport. 

1 hour ago, kwahl1 said:

We are booked on the Emerald Radiance sailing the Douro River in August. We need to fly out of Porto and looking at the times, can anyone say if these time are doable? We are going to Tegel-Berlin from Porto. Morning flights leave 5, 6 and 7 AM Can we make them with disembarking on the final day?

The other options are late afternoon and very late arrival into Berlin, airport hotel.

KEN

I don't know what time your ship is scheduled to dock but taxi to airport takes only about 20 - 25 minutes. Your ship should also provide transfers. You should easily be able to make th 7am flight if you self disembark - cruise staff is extremely helpful.

40 minutes ago, laverendrye said:

You can certainly disembark on the day of your departure from Porto. Based on passenger departure flight times, Emerald will provide transfers from the ship to the airport to get you there within the recommended check-in times, which in your case would be 90 minutes. In the early morning it shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to get from the port to the airport. 

Yes I know the transfer is included, just wondering if this early horrible fight times are within their realm. Can they get us to the airport at that time, or am I bound to the charter buses at a slightly later hour. "Forget it, we're not taking you to the airport at 4:30 in the morning".  Our other option is to take the train up to Lisbon for a leisurely ride and catch the early evening flight their. The Porto flight is going to route via Lisbon anyway.

1 hour ago, kwahl1 said:

Yes I know the transfer is included, just wondering if this early horrible fight times are within their realm. Can they get us to the airport at that time, or am I bound to the charter buses at a slightly later hour. "Forget it, we're not taking you to the airport at 4:30 in the morning".  Our other option is to take the train up to Lisbon for a leisurely ride and catch the early evening flight their. The Porto flight is going to route via Lisbon anyway.

You can ask to have a taxi reserved for your early morning flight - that way you will be assured of making your flight on time.

Mystery solved.  Emerald Waterways confirmed with me that there is not a problem getting to the airport for a 7:00 AM flight.  The ship the Emerald Radiance docks in Porto the night before.  Just means a very early wake up.  Thanks all

Emerald was great in getting us to our very early AM out of Amsterdam last year, we were not the only passengers leaving early!