RCCL equivalent to celebrity GoBest 4 Perks

We are stronlgy considering switching to RCCL ( from Celebirty) and wondering if there is something similiar to the GoBest 4 perks that Celebrity offers?

If not formally offered in the pricing for a cabin, is there a place where these type of options

• Prepaid gratuities
  • Prepaid Tips
  • WiFI
  • Premium drink package

can be added to determine the final cost of a cruise ?

Thanks

Whit

Prepaid Grats can be added when booking but Wifi and Drink package can only be seen in your cruise planner after you book.

Depending on the cruise that you select drinks price varies between $46 and $52 pppd when it goes on sale and internet can vary between starts at about $12-$15 per day depending on service level for a single device but goes down substantially with multi device packages. It will go on sail from time to time as well.  For my Liberty cruise last Nov. I got a very good price on the 2 device package to share with DW and I think it came in at $15.99 per day for two device

The prices I quoted are in US$.  As you are Canadian your prices will show up higher.  RCCL has a pretty favorable exchange rate when purchasing in CDN$. A couple of percent better than what you would typically get from a credit card.

Edited by Tree_skier

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Prepaid Grats can be added when booking but Wifi and Drink package can only be seen in your cruise planner after you book.

Thank you, we have just gotten o used to not thinking about these items. Actually WiFi and OBC might not be such a great demand for us. I guess I can look up the gratuities thing when pricing and use your comments re drinks package as a guideline.

I think we just paid something less than $400 (CDN) for all four.

Thank you very much

Whit

What ship are you considering? And what date? The larger ships tend to have fewer sales in my experience especially near holiday sailings.

Estimate $15/day for gratuity per person

Estimate $10/day for WiFi if you are getting more than 2 codes..(could be lower if getting 4 or higher if getting only 1)

Estimate $52/day plus 18% gratuity per day for Drink Package (could be higher or lower - consider this an average. If your cruise is after Black Friday / Cyber Monday you have your best chance for a low price I think.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hughdemand said:

We are stronlgy considering switching to RCCL ( from Celebirty) and wondering if there is something similiar to the GoBest 4 perks that Celebrity offers?

If not formally offered in the pricing for a cabin, is there a place where these type of options

• Prepaid gratuities
  • Prepaid Tips
  • WiFI
  • Premium drink package

Thanks

Whit

What’s the difference between prepaid gratuities and prepaid tips?

1 hour ago, hughdemand said:

• Prepaid gratuities
  • Prepaid Tips
  • WiFI
  • Premium drink package

Thanks

Whit

What tier level are you with Celebrity.  Specific Celebrity tier level can translate to RCL tier and accrue certain benefits., eg: balcony discount, internet discount, etc.

In doing some rough calculations, let me know if I am off base:

Premium drink package....... 7 x $61.36 = $429.52

Prepaid gratituities .............. 7 x 15 =         $105

WiFi (conservative est)  .......  7 x 15=          $105

Convert this to $CDN  ...  Almost $900

With celebrity. the 4 perks ran less than $400 (CDN)

Hard to justify changing cruise lines, hmmm

Thanks

Whit

47 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought I read Celebrity was not offering this anymore.  But I did enjoy it on my Celebrity cruise last year.

Hi

I just checked a cruise for next March and the 4 perk offer was still there. 4 perks for $245 US

Now they have finessed this a bit by offering one price with a few conditions and no perks

A second price removes the conditions and offers the perks for the above price. It will take a bit of investigating to see which is the best deal (for us).

May have to stick to 1 or 2 AI next year. depressing

• Like 1

We have sailed several times on both RCCL and Celebrity.  If you are sailing in a suite on Celebrity they give you the Go Best and do not show you the cost, or at least I have never been able to find the cruise fare without the Perks.  If you are sailing in a non-suite, they usually provide the Go Better (2 perks) and offer to upgrade for a fee.  The amounts you are giving ($400 and $245) sound more like upgrade fees than full Go Best costs. 

What I usually do is to estimate the drink package at $55/day/person, Wifi at $15/day/person, gratuities at $15/day/person and $300 OBC.  I then add to the offered cruise fare on RCCL to make an apples to apples comparison.  So as an example for a 7 day cruise for 2 guests I would add $1490 to the comparing fare.  To be honest we usually don't drink enough to justify a paid drink package so I will reduce the $1490 by $400 to around $1100.

In order to get the same perks, you need to cruise in a star class suite on the bigger ships. Those all include wi if, grats, drink pkg  and even specialty dining at no extra cost.  

You will find the total cost to be more more than what you currently pay on Celebrity most likely

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks.

I am a bit apprehensive about all this. I am thinking to play a wait and see game. Well, a definite 1 week to an All Inclusive in Mayan Riviera in Jnaury, then consider a "last minute" cruise, if the price (or desire) is really good. I have never taken this approach before.

Thanks again

Whit