Cruise Critic Community
plettza

Recommended Shoes to Avoid Slips

Posted (edited)

On every single voyage aboard both Legend and Spirit, the tiled areas are like ice skating rinks when there's even a little bit of water.  I've been caught off guard a number of times and slipped out a bit but regained balance.  I usually wear Kathmandu shoes and found that if I'm not careful, I'd almost go arse over.  Even on formal night on deck 2, I slid a little bit where someone had spilt a drink.  Apart from thongs, does anyone have any recommended shoes or sole types they wear?  I don't wear thongs or those shower shoes (eeew) that seem to be the rage.

The main areas are walking in from Serenity into La Playa grill and just after they've cleaned the tile area at Serenity.  It's like they mop these areas with 15 weight.

At the last formal night, one of friends hit the deck in the same area I'd slipped only a few moments after I did.  She hit the deck good and was taken for an x-ray.  No damage there but she hit her head.

I've never had the best balance ( I was never a good snowboarder) but sometimes I get caught off guard and I'll slip a few inches and gain traction again.  I'm just lucky I haven't taken a tumble.

Edited by plettza

Posted (edited)

Check out Skechers - seriously, they actually have dress shoes and if you slip over in those I’d be very surprised. Super comfortable as well.

https://www.skechers.com.au/

Good luck. 🌹 Rose

Edited by Porky55

I wear Blacksmith "Slip Resistant" shoes at work. Got them from from either KMart or Target...can't remember.

They are almost too good. Walking across the carpet, my feet sometimes just stop dead as the shoe catches.

they definitely work.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:08 AM, plettza said:

On every single voyage aboard both Legend and Spirit, the tiled areas are like ice skating rinks when there's even a little bit of water.  I've been caught off guard a number of times and slipped out a bit but regained balance.  I usually wear Kathmandu shoes and found that if I'm not careful, I'd almost go arse over.  Even on formal night on deck 2, I slid a little bit where someone had spilt a drink.  Apart from thongs, does anyone have any recommended shoes or sole types they wear?  I don't wear thongs or those shower shoes (eeew) that seem to be the rage.

The main areas are walking in from Serenity into La Playa grill and just after they've cleaned the tile area at Serenity.  It's like they mop these areas with 15 weight.

At the last formal night, one of friends hit the deck in the same area I'd slipped only a few moments after I did.  She hit the deck good and was taken for an x-ray.  No damage there but she hit her head.

I've never had the best balance ( I was never a good snowboarder) but sometimes I get caught off guard and I'll slip a few inches and gain traction again.  I'm just lucky I haven't taken a tumble.

Hi,I had to google Kathmandu shoes,they're the same as the hiking shoes I bought for a cruise,cos I was always sliding on the deck in trainers.Perfect for climbing hills in thick mud,no good in civilisation.I was running for a hoho bus in Vanvouver in a downpour.My foot landed on an aluminium expansion joint in the pavement.I done a half back somersault and knocked myself out for a few seconds.I soon recovered when somebody mentioned an ambulance,100's of dollars,no thanks,lol.Bottom line,rubber soled hikers on wet metal,no.