Jump to content

Fort Lauderdale Limo from airport to port Everglades


sara82684
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, my husband and I are going on our honeymoon May 5th out of Fort Lauderdale. We arrive to FLL on Saturday and are renting a car to explore. We will return the car on Sunday but then need transportation to the port. Has anyone ever taken a limo from FLL to port Everglades? If so, any recommendations on companies would be appreciated. We thought it would be something fun for the honeymoon. It does seem

like a short distance from the airport to the port though so I’m not sure if the luxury would be worth the money haha. That being said, what is your personal favorite transportation from FLL to Port Everglades? 

Thanks so much for your help. This is my first time sailing from Fort Lauderdale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As close as Port Everglades and FLL are I would skip the limo and just grab an Uber. It'll be much cheaper, and for the 3 miles you'll travel from the airport to the cruise port, a limo just wouldn't be able to be enjoyed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

As close as Port Everglades and FLL are I would skip the limo and just grab an Uber. It'll be much cheaper, and for the 3 miles you'll travel from the airport to the cruise port, a limo just wouldn't be able to be enjoyed. 

Seconded!

 

OP - You can see the airport from the Port Everglades and vice versa.  Check it out on a map.  A section of the western side of the port is separated from the eastern side of the airport only by a highway. 

 

Welcome to cruise critic, congratulations on your wedding and have a wonderful honeymoon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sara82684 said:

Hi everyone, my husband and I are going on our honeymoon May 5th out of Fort Lauderdale. We arrive to FLL on Saturday and are renting a car to explore. We will return the car on Sunday but then need transportation to the port. Has anyone ever taken a limo from FLL to port Everglades? If so, any recommendations on companies would be appreciated. We thought it would be something fun for the honeymoon. It does seem

like a short distance from the airport to the port though so I’m not sure if the luxury would be worth the money haha. That being said, what is your personal favorite transportation from FLL to Port Everglades? 

Thanks so much for your help. This is my first time sailing from Fort Lauderdale. 

Uber may offer various options you might consider.  Here's a description of these options.  Some sound rather luxurious.  A limo is probably going to be much more expensive.

 

https://www.ridester.com/types-uber-cars/

 

I suspect you may have to book ahead.  I would contact Uber directly and ask.

Edited by RocketMan275
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have your heart set on a limo service contact Larry’s Limos. Clean vehicles, knowledgeable drivers, and reasonable rates. As other posters have all ready explained, it a very short fifteen minute ride and personally not worth it since you are so close to Port Everglades. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Limo would be an absolute waste. Its a quick drive. If you don't want to get stuck in someone's 2008 Mazada 3 then order an Uber SUV. They are usually very nice cars, just as nice as any limo. You barely see limos these days, most people prefer a Suburban or Escalade, which is what Uber SUV will give you. Uber Black will give you something like a S-Class, A8 etc.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If you really want to splurge just get an UberLUX or Lux SUV. It will cost probably 4x what a regular Uber will cost for the 10-15 minute ride. Escalades, Yukon Denali's, QX80 type vehicle are readily available. No need to book ahead.

 

Go Cubs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, Corby114 said:

If you have your heart set on a limo service contact Larry’s Limos. Clean vehicles, knowledgeable drivers, and reasonable rates. As other posters have all ready explained, it a very short fifteen minute ride and personally not worth it since you are so close to Port Everglades. 

 

I second Larry's ( http://www.larryslimo.com/ ) if you decide you really want to go the Limo route.  We use them when we fly into FLL but cruise out of Miami.  Punctual, clean cars, and friendly drivers.  Just called and booked a trip with them yesterday actually.

 

Dan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

If you really want to splurge just get an UberLUX or Lux SUV. It will cost probably 4x what a regular Uber will cost for the 10-15 minute ride. Escalades, Yukon Denali's, QX80 type vehicle are readily available. No need to book ahead.

 

Last UberLux I did in FLL was an Infinity QX60 crossover.  Nice vehicle and served its purpose.  Was about twice the price of an UberXL.

 

Dan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...