Jump to content

diamond lounge access for non diamond family member


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

 

You might not be fretting now, but you wouldn’t be too happy if you couldn’t get in the DL because it was totally full.  You will have earned a right to use the lounge by spending a lot of money on cruises; shouldn’t expect to share with people who have not.  

 

Remember RC can change the rules at any time. Diamond plus are no longer allowed in the Concierge lounge. I think it’s just a matter of time before DL is just for D+ and not diamonds. 

 

When people cheat and break the rules everyone suffers.  

Agree. I've noticed that trend lately on CC that some waiting to become diamond think those of us that are diamond or higher that are voicing our concerns or dislikes about non diamonds sneaking into the DL or being brought in by another diamond or above are fretting over nothing. Unfortunately because of that the DLCs need to be verifying who is entering the DL. That process has been hit and miss by some of the DLCs on our cruises.

 

We were able to get in the CL (D+ AKA Royal DS :classic_wink:) on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.  We preferred the DL over the CL on that ship. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

🤔D+ still allowed in CL.  Plenty of them on Serenade now.

 

Poor choice of wording on my part - should have said on ships where CL is now a suite lounge.  Just off the Navigator and there is now a suite lounge, not CL.  Diamond lounge was small and crowded.  D+ only has access to DL.  

 

Perhaps CL on Serenade will change eventually. 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

 ...

Perhaps CL on Serenade will change eventually. 

 

Maybe, but Royal has yet to convert a specific venue from CL to SL.  They have had opportunities to do that on Radiance and Vision class ships, and have not.  Perhaps the suite numbers on the smaller ships just don't warrant the SL at this point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Maybe, but Royal has yet to convert a specific venue from CL to SL.  They have had opportunities to do that on Radiance and Vision class ships, and have not.  Perhaps the suite numbers on the smaller ships just don't warrant the SL at this point.

Agreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I've seen it happen on top heavy cruises. The Mariner Odyssey was that way. 

 

We dont even go to CL in the evening this trip,  Safari Club 🐘🦁🐯🦏 much more civilized 

I am with you, safari club has much nicer seating.  View of the wake and sunset must be amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Agree...we love those aft lounges also.  That's why we prefer the DL on Rhapsody.  

 

Will be on Mariner next month..will be interesting to see the changes.  Sister is on board also, and is Diamond...so we will stick to the Diamond lounge with her.  Just a JS on this trip.  I am guessing not going to be very busy in there with school out by then.  

 

Hey lady!! :-) We'll be on the Mariner this Monday...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I've noticed that trend lately on CC that some waiting to become diamond think those of us that are diamond or higher that are voicing our concerns or dislikes about non diamonds sneaking into the DL or being brought in by another diamond or above are fretting over nothing. Unfortunately because of that the DLCs need to be verifying who is entering the DL. That process has been hit and miss by some of the DLCs on our cruises.

 

We were able to get in the CL (D+ AKA Royal DS :classic_wink:) on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.  We preferred the DL over the CL on that ship. 

With access to both lounges, I don't know who would choose the enclosed room of the cl over the larger room with sea views of the dl.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

With access to both lounges, I don't know who would choose the enclosed room of the cl over the larger room with sea views of the dl.  

Agree. Walked in, turned around  and went straight to the DL. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Walked in, turned around  and went straight to the DL. 

I stopped in at the beginning of happy hour to get a drink for the elevator ride and walk to the dl.  Very convenient if your cabin is near for a morning cup of coffee and juice.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I've noticed that trend lately on CC that some waiting to become diamond think those of us that are diamond or higher that are voicing our concerns or dislikes about non diamonds sneaking into the DL or being brought in by another diamond or above are fretting over nothing. Unfortunately because of that the DLCs need to be verifying who is entering the DL. That process has been hit and miss by some of the DLCs on our cruises.

 

We were able to get in the CL (D+ AKA Royal DS :classic_wink:) on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.  We preferred the DL over the CL on that ship. 

 

We also enjoy the open airy feel of the DL on Freedom.  Is the CL still in that inside (no windows) area?  We are not back on Freedom until 2021 out of PR.  Wondered if the SL is going in...or already has?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Maybe, but Royal has yet to convert a specific venue from CL to SL.  They have had opportunities to do that on Radiance and Vision class ships, and have not.  Perhaps the suite numbers on the smaller ships just don't warrant the SL at this point.

 

Totally agree and was the point I have been making on posts also.  Just not enough full suites on Vision class (especially) to warrant full suites only.  Place would be a ghost town.  When they tried to do that temporarily on Rhapsody...that is exactly what happened.  New concierge in the CL (who initiated that attempt) had no customers...while Alan in the DL was swamped.  

Edited by island lady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

 

Hey lady!! 🙂 We'll be on the Mariner this Monday...

 

Hello there Bill!!  🙂   We are actually starting our journey back home in the land yacht...and have been down here playing in your backyard.  We spent a week kayaking on Blackwater river to the west of you, then spent the last four weeks in Santa Rosa Beach and Grayton Beach.  We are currently down here on St. George Island.  Bucky is really enjoying his beach time.  Such beautiful beaches here!  

 

We are on Mariner next month.  Have not been aboard since she used to be in PC as home base.  She was our very first RCI ship.  We are receiving another crystal block on board.... perfect timing.  

 

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

We also enjoy the open airy feel of the DL on Freedom.  Is the CL still in that inside (no windows) area?  We are not back on Freedom until 2021 out of PR.  Wondered if the SL is going in...or already has?  

The CL is on deck 10 midship.  No windows. 👎 I thought we heard while onboard that cloud nine and or seven hearts was going to be turned into the SL. Or possibly I had one too many that night.🍺 🍷

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, frank808 said:

With access to both lounges, I don't know who would choose the enclosed room of the cl over the larger room with sea views of the dl.  

 

We actually used the DL for happy hour, then stopped by the CL for a quick night cap after dinner.  I also used it for morning coffee.  Was close to our cabin on that deck.  Me being lazy of course.  😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I stopped in at the beginning of happy hour to get a drink for the elevator ride and walk to the dl.  Very convenient if your cabin is near for a morning cup of coffee and juice.  

 

Yup, exactly!  😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Hello there Bill!!  🙂   We are actually starting our journey back home in the land yacht...and have been down here playing in your backyard.  We spent a week kayaking on Blackwater river to the west of you, then spent the last four weeks in Santa Rosa Beach and Grayton Beach.  We are currently down here on St. George Island.  Bucky is really enjoying his beach time.  Such beautiful beaches here!  

 

We are on Mariner next month.  Have not been aboard since she used to be in PC as home base.  She was our very first RCI ship.  We are receiving another crystal block on board.... perfect timing.  

 

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

 

You guys sure were close to me.....next time let me know and I'll stop by, have a beverage, and give Bucky a big old wet one! ha!

 

I think our next block will be Harmony in the Fall......might do a short one this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

 

You guys sure were close to me.....next time let me know and I'll stop by, have a beverage, and give Bucky a big old wet one! ha!

 

I think our next block will be Harmony in the Fall......might do a short one this summer.

 

Bucky just got back from his beach walk...and of course had funny comments to make...that I can not post here.  😂

He said he misses you too.  😘

Edited by island lady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Bucky just got back from his beach walk...and of course had funny comments to make...that I can not post here.  😂

He said he misses you too.  

 

Got me laughing good on that one! Dang Bucky! Anyway, looking at the 11/10 Harmony. Guess we'll see once we're on the Mariner next week if the deals still good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CL is on deck 10 midship.  No windows. 👎 I thought we heard while onboard that cloud nine and or seven hearts was going to be turned into the SL. Or possibly I had one too many that night.🍺 🍷

 

Nooo...a true Royal DS could never have too many drinky-poos... 😄   I am going to assume the writing is on the wall with Freedom, and the SL conversion is in the plans.  Bye-bye D+.  😞 

Edited by island lady
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

 

Got me laughing good on that one! Dang Bucky! Anyway, looking at the 11/10 Harmony. Guess we'll see once we're on the Mariner next week if the deals still good. 

 

Dang...we are missing you on that one also.  We are booked on Harmony on 12/8.  Yeah, you would have been ROTFL with his "wise" comments.  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Dang...we are missing you on that one also.  We are booked on Harmony on 12/8.  Yeah, you would have been ROTFL with his "wise" comments.  🤣

 

Oh, the Buckmeister always had me rolling! :-) I put on a huge convention at Disney beginning of Dec, so no cruising then....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, #1cruiseaholic said:

At this point in my life I do my own thing and enjoy the perks and really don't care what others think as I walk through the schooner bar.

Agree 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

We also enjoy the open airy feel of the DL on Freedom.  Is the CL still in that inside (no windows) area?  We are not back on Freedom until 2021 out of PR.  Wondered if the SL is going in...or already has?  

It was still a CL last June when we were on Freedom.

Independence after her refit had quite a few cabins put it where her CL was on deck 10 and a new SL on deck 14 on the opposite side of the VCL to the DL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was still a CL last June when we were on Freedom.

Independence after her refit had quite a few cabins put it where her CL was on deck 10 and a new SL on deck 14 on the opposite side of the VCL to the DL.

Agree. Where the seven hearts and cloud nine currently (on the Freedom) are. IMO nice place for another lounge. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

I am with you, safari club has much nicer seating.  View of the wake and sunset must be amazing.

 

Glass is a little dirty, so this is sunset tonight from Laura's cabin on 8

 

20190501_171840.thumb.jpg.8b487cfd463237f5d354ecc2ead7cfd7.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...