Cruise Critic Community
Just to cruise

I Re Furb Radiance of the seas

Looking to cruise with  Royal Caribbean ex Vancouver Nov 2020  I have been reading about a Re furb for the ship Radiance of the seas which part of this cruise is on The Re furb to take place in 2020 butI can’t find the month Want to know the month of Re furb and if it will be done in time for this cruise I read this ship currently is very  old tired and staterooms not in great condition Any help advice much appreciated Thanks 

Not sure of the exact month, but RCI ships undergo a dry-dock every 5 years, and the last refurb with Radiance was in 2016.  So I doubt how "very old and tired with staterooms not in great condition" she really is since 2016. 

I would be surprised if she was "very old and tired,". Every RCL ship l have been on always had repainting, re varnishing etc being done constantly.

On one ship where we stayed aboard on a port day, we couldn't access our cabin for a few hours as they were laying new carpet in the corridor.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Just to cruise said:

Looking to cruise with  Royal Caribbean ex Vancouver Nov 2020  I have been reading about a Re furb for the ship Radiance of the seas which part of this cruise is on The Re furb to take place in 2020 butI can’t find the month Want to know the month of Re furb and if it will be done in time for this cruise I read this ship currently is very  old tired and staterooms not in great condition Any help advice much appreciated Thanks 

Very few cruise ships are still in Vancouver in November, so I checked the RCCL website and she departs Vancouver in early Sept 2020, bound trans Pacific to Tokyo, then down to Singapore. On Nov 4th she departs Singapore for a repositioning to Brisbane, where she will home port for Aussie Cruising.

Although she completed a statutory dry-docking in 2016, I believe they are completing a maintenance docking during October in Singapore to prepare the ship for Aussie cruising.

Edited by Heidi13

Ahh. So disappointed. We booked the Sept 20, 2020 sailing and had hoped the refurbish would be done by then. 

Carnival Victory getting gutted and becoming the Radiance.

Radiance schedule 2020

April 29 first cruise in Spain

June 25 NY

Oct 12 Norfolk VA

Nov 8 Port canaveral and as far as it shows to April 24 2021

Nothing yet after that.

It radiance will have the very first SHAQ big chicken. Long hours also. From breakfast till late.

7 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Carnival Victory getting gutted and becoming the Radiance.

Radiance schedule 2020

April 29 first cruise in Spain

June 25 NY

Oct 12 Norfolk VA

Nov 8 Port canaveral and as far as it shows to April 24 2021

Nothing yet after that.

It radiance will have the very first SHAQ big chicken. Long hours also. From breakfast till late.

The OP was discussing the Radiance of the Sea, a Royal Caribbean ship. Totally different company from Carnival.