Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

CURRENT LISTING OF WINE/CHAMPAGNE FOR PURCHASE ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

7 hours ago, vistaman said:

Comparing a cruise ship with a plane is difficult( completely different) : Emirates is mentionned . For the moment a First class Brussels to Dubai does cost more as 10 times the fare in coach … 7 hours  around 5000€ (cheapest return) some  Dom Pérignon is maybe warranted:classic_smile:??

I simply think it is out of the question to serve better wines to PH and higher  on Crystal as all the passengers are served in the same restaurants. ( and not in different area's as on planes )

And Crystal penthouse is 3-8x time the cheaper room.  Maybe some Dom Perignon is warranted?  

Emirates have no problem sending first class wines to the business class bar for first class passengers.  I get it, you want everyone to be getting the same service once on board, but life isn't fair.  You are on Crystal, and you preach about being equal?  🙂  

Posted (edited)

Kent9xxx1,

If you stay in the Crystal Penthouse, you'll be provided with wines that might meet your parameters.  I'm pretty sure this is one of the many amenities that come with this top suite.  I know Cristal is provided in the fare.

perhaps keith will elaborate for you.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

1 hour ago, kent9xxx1 said:

Is Crystal equivalent to coach?  

I think Crystal should be striving for first class status, not coach.  If they are going for the coach class, I commend them for being so outstanding.  

And they do between the the overall ambiance of the ships, the cuisine and beverages, the entertainment and the enrichment IMHO.

Keith

1 hour ago, kent9xxx1 said:

And Crystal penthouse is 3-8x time the cheaper room.  Maybe some Dom Perignon is warranted?  

This is certainly an option in the Crystal Penthouse.

32 minutes ago, kent9xxx1 said:

I get it, you want everyone to be getting the same service once on board, but life isn't fair. 

That's going to go over really well with Crystal's clientele.  I can see the tagline now. 

"Crystal Cruises ~ Now only special for 23%, because life isn't fair(tm)"

or

"Crystal Cruises ~ No, you may not have the inclusive wines we're serving at the next table, because life's not fair(tm)"

Vince

15 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

To your and Nancy's point, I think that's one of the things getting lost here.  Crystal already does this to a degree in a nice, subtle way that provides an enhanced experience to people paying exponentially more even on the more diverse ships.  And on the ships where all the per diems are higher, like Esprit, the entire offering is enhanced for everyone.  The river boats are similar in that regard -- per diems are higher than the ocean liner, as are the quality of many of the inclusions.  But that's accomplished without making the majority of the people onboard feel awkward. 

Vince

4 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

To your and Nancy's point, I think that's one of the things getting lost here.  Crystal already does this to a degree in a nice, subtle way that provides an enhanced experience to people paying exponentially more even on the more diverse ships.  And on the ships where all the per diems are higher, like Esprit, the entire offering is enhanced for everyone.  The river boats are similar in that regard -- per diems are higher than the ocean liner, as are the quality of many of the inclusions.  But that's accomplished without making the majority of the people onboard feel awkward. 

Vince

Fully concer and have known this for my years.

i think this thread has run its course!!! :classic_tongue:

Nancy

28 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I truly hope you did enjoy it !

A final "wine comment " Dom P is IMHO far  easier to drink as the Cristal champagne...

8 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

Vince I  agree.

As you correctly note Crystal has already  provided some subtle differences whether based on type of vessel or to some extent related to category.  Even butler service is an example of that or in the "old" days a few bottles of complimentary wine was provides to those in a PH and above.  But it was not in "your face".

The idea of providing high end wines to everyone as part of inclusive for an entire voyage just because a few airlines can do this in First Class makes no sense to me and without a major increase in fares or a cutback in other areas (food, entertainment, enrichment) would not work.

This brings me back to the list of wines that I provided.  Most people we know are fine with the inclusive wine and spirits.  However,  for those wanting to celebrate a special occasion or for those who would prefer a higher end wine there is choice without impacting the cruise fare for everyone else.  They can simply purchase  a wine or champagne or some other spirit.

And some people do just that as some people still bring wine on-board.  

Keith