Not new to cruising

Kind of worried..Been on close to 30 +cruises thru my yrs. Left from N.Y & Florida. Been on Royal, Holland, Celebrity, Princess, Ncl - the last 10 . Have been to Eastern.Western.Southern islands. Gone in july-august-march & april months. Gone with me n mrs. , friends n taken my family..Beaches/ sand/ pools n slides.

GOING this Sept NCL to Canada & New England !

Maybe bring 1 bathingsuit ! Trading in sand for lobster & dolphins for whale !

Making the wife happy....

• Like 1

Don't worry! Cruising to NE and CA is definitely a different experience in terms of outdoor activities, but you are still on a cruise ship! We went on the Gem last June and it was COLD the first couple of days. Actually snowed up on deck the second night! But we still had a fantastic time. If you can afford it, depending on which ship you are going on, you may want to invest in spa passes, so you can still enjoy some swimsuit time. The ports we stopped in were lovely. Whatever you do, make sure you make it to the top of Cadilac Mountain in Bar Harbor. It is an incredible view. And we got to see whales and dolphins on our last sea day off the cost of Massachusetts!

2 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

Not worried on the ship..just the fear of entirely different " types of ports ".  Siteseeing,will be so different...

I’d be looking forward to it.

I know everyone has different preferences, but our two Caribbean cruises were our two least favourite with regard to ports.

I take it you primarily have been to the islands and that is your concern? That where you are going is not the same type of port?

I wouldn't worry. Your vacation is what you make of it. I may be a tad biased but I love Canada :-) And New England is beautiful too. Enjoy!

It’s going to be really pretty. The trees will start changing colours in September. I would bring some jeans and hoodies. Sometimes September is quite warm and other times it can be cool. And maybe rain. 

You never know about the weather. It could be quite warm! I'll tell you, my dad wears short sleeves until November sometimes. I'm in Montreal and you never quite know what the weather will be like in September. Sometimes it's warmer than July! You could still wear those things, you just never know. Better to pack with a sweater and sneakers and not need them 😃

29 minutes ago, snirpville said:

You never know about the weather. It could be quite warm! I'll tell you, my dad wears short sleeves until November sometimes. I'm in Montreal and you never quite know what the weather will be like in September. Sometimes it's warmer than July! You could still wear those things, you just never know. Better to pack with a sweater and sneakers and not need them 😃

we were in Montreal(quite possibly my favorite vacation spot) last September and I sweat so much walking around, had to be high 80s, and 2 years before drove though a snowstorm on the way up around the same time!

I would totally sit on a sundeck with cocktail in hand and be quite happy up that way, granted I like the colder weather

• Like 1

We just cruised on Norwegian Pearl.  Most of the cruise was around the Caribbean, then 2 sea days to get to New York.  I wish I had packed more warm clothes because of the cold temperature on the ship.  Granted, we are from Florida and can't take much cold, but it was much colder around the ship than I thought it would be.