Cruise Critic Community
lovetocruise/diamond

Diamond Plus Anthem of the Seas/??

If you happen to book a cruise with higher than normal D+ or P levels they may revoke CL access for that cruise.  

I expect to lose CL access on the Anthem transatlantic next year.  For Ovation's first cruise to Alaska they've revoked D+ access to the CL due to numbers. 

I'm hopeful a January Anthem cruise will not revoke D+ access to the CL but since it's longer and during school season there will likely be elevated D+/P numbers so we'll have to see.

Will be in ovation july 5th so glad to hear that i will hopefully have access to the cl.

Twangster, where did you find out that access for the ovation first cruise that d+ are not allowed into cl?  Thanks

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Will be in ovation july 5th so glad to hear that i will hopefully have access to the cl.

C&A numbers are quite low on Alaska runs - need not worry about CL access issues.

CL access revocation was posted in threads here on CC.

I was on the Anthem this past January for the 12 night Caribbean. As D+ I had complete access to the CL lounge.

2 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

It was last month.  Love the CL on Anthem.  Beautiful views.  Katherine

Agree.  Best CL in the fleet IMO.  

We (D+) also enjoyed the CL. The long walk to it's aft location was well worth it. Didn't care for the DL at all.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

C&A numbers are quite low on Alaska runs - need not worry about CL access issues.

CL access revocation was posted in threads here on CC.

On explorer in 2017 there were only about  30 d and d+ on that cruise.  DL was never crowded during happy hour.  Felt sorry for the 2 servers in there.  BEST service I have ever had in DL.  Servers always had our drinks when we arrived and service was spectacular.  Always had another drink magically appear before I was done.  That week was the most I have tipped on any 7 day cruise in DL.  

Surprised that the first Alaska cruise d+ would be restricted from CL.  But it must happen if there are lots staying on from the TP.  Are d+ restricted from the CL on the Hawaii to Seattle TP?

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We (D+) also enjoyed the CL. The long walk to it's aft location was well worth it. Didn't care for the DL at all.

July 5th will be our very first cruise on Quantum class. What is bad about the DL on this class of ship? Thanks

2 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Surprised that the first Alaska cruise d+ would be restricted from CL.  But it must happen if there are lots staying on from the TP.  Are d+ restricted from the CL on the Hawaii to Seattle TP?

The first Alaska run is a bit of oddity in that it's 11 days and from Vancouver to Seattle and had good pricing - likely the reason for perhaps high C&A numbers. I didn't know about that sailing being restricted - the Hawaii -Vancouver one I know about since I'm on it that one.

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Twangster, where did you find out that access for the ovation first cruise that d+ are not allowed into cl?  Thanks

They sent an email on 4/19.  The same type email they send for transatlantics and other top elite heavy sailings.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are excited to welcome you onboard Ovation of the Seas for its transition sailing from Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle, Washington.

As you may know, this sailing is quite popular among our Crown and Anchor Society and as a result, our staff is making enhancements to accommodate you.

During your cruise, the Nightly Happy Hour will expand to include both the Diamond Club and the Music Hall on deck 3&4. As always, 3 drink vouchers will be loaded on your account for you to use at the bars and lounges throughout the ship during happy hour.

DIAMOND CLUB & MUSIC HALL

CONCIERGE LOUNGE 

Deck 3 & 4

Deck 12

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club 

Pinnacle Club and Suites 

Additionally, we understand with more top tier guests than usual, the rush for morning coffee can become hectic. To alleviate some of the wait, we are loading one specialty non- alcoholic coffee voucher per day onto your SeaPass card. This can be used in the Main Dining Room, La Patisserie, Café Two70°, Solarium Bistro, and the Windjammer. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter or with your Concierge for additional information.

We’re happy you’re joining us for these special sailings and we hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular!

Thank you for being Loyal to Royal, we appreciate your patronage.

Sincerely,

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team.

Where is it on the boat?  We just sailed Star Class on Anthem and never even got an invite to the CL.  Not that we ever had a chance to sit down and relax....but we are going again in August....which will be much more laid back trip

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

July 5th will be our very first cruise on Quantum class. What is bad about the DL on this class of ship? Thanks

I felt the DL on Anthem was too small for the size of the ship.  We only went the first night and could barely find a seat and then waited 20 minutes with no server taking our drink order so we got up and left.  They weren't using Music Hall for overflow but apparently quite often they do.

38 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Where is it on the boat? 

Long walk back on deck 12 aft - but a very nice view.

Ugh....I am familiar with the walk....we say in the loft suites on 8.....they need a 3rd bank of elevators 😉

21 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Last year as Diamond Plus we were allowed to use the DL and the SL/CL? On the Anthem. Is that still true this year?

Thank you 

Yes, in March.

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Long walk back on deck 12 aft - but a very nice view.

Yes.

P1192765.JPG

21 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Last year as Diamond Plus we were allowed to use the DL and the SL/CL? On the Anthem. Is that still true this year?

Thank you 

Just FYI, ......D+ cannot access any SL unless they are in full suite (GS and above).  SL is different than a CL.  On ships that still have a CL...D+ are still invited in...unless, as previous poster mentioned...it is extremely upper tier C&A heavy, then they will make other arrangements.