Chops + 1

This new dining package has just popped up in my Cruise Planner. 

It includes Chops on the first night and then you can book another speciality dining restaurant of your choice any other night of your sailing.

I'm guessing this is to replace the BOGO package, which disappeared from my Cruise Planner a few days ago.

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

This new dining package has just popped up in my Cruise Planner. 

It includes Chops on the first night and then you can book another speciality dining restaurant of your choice any other night of your sailing.

I'm guessing this is to replace the BOGO package, which disappeared from my Cruise Planner a few days ago.

See it on my upcoming Anthem cruise, but at $75 pp does not seem a good buy.  I'll stick with the D+ BOGO promo.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

$ cost.

My CP is in GBP. It's showing £49.40 per person which works out at about $64 per person.

For my sailing at least it doesn't seem like a great deal with the 3-night package currently at £52.44 ($68).

1 minute ago, dwhe said:

In 3 weeks time mine's showing as £44.84 for the plus one, even at that price the 3  nighter is better value.

My sailing is on Adventure in November.

Someone on another forum is reporting $59 on Grandeur in November and $75 on Harmony in May 2020.

Just showed up on my Rhapsody sailing in December for $59.00 per person.   We are doing a back2back over Christmas and over New Years.  Price is the same for both weeks.   I had been waiting for the BOGO to show up, now I know why it hasn't.  

I wonder if lobster is included in this new special as the description includes it and doesn't mention an additional charge.  If it is included and another specialty restaurant as well, it may not be as bad as we think.  

This is from the website for our Harmony cruise in Jan. with a price of $75.

Make your adventure a true flavor fest with an all new, exclusive dining experience — Chops +1. Savor dinner at Chops Grille, the Royal Caribbean hallmark steakhouse, and feast on signature favorites, including hand cut steaks, Maine lobster, irresistible sides like Gruyère Cheese Tater Tots and decadent desserts like Warm Apple Pie a la Mode.

I have the bogo booked on three cruises and the1st night done right on two and they are way more cheaper than the  Chops+1.

We have been diamond plus for years and never used the 1st two night buy 1 get 1 as the other plans were cheaper and no service charge.  

Can any D+ or Pinnacle  relate to the buy 1 get 1 as to whether they add service charges on them. We always tip extra so I guess if a service charge is placed on it it covers extra tip.

1 hour ago, Reginaldvanpelt said:

Just checked on my 5/19 Freedom sailing and it has the 3 night package for $69 and the Chops + 1 for $65. 

The three-night package is also in my planner. Do you think we can choose Chops for one of the nights? We're on Vision and at the bottoms it reads: Not valid for premium experiences including: Chef's Table, Wine Pairings Dinners, Izumi Hibachi Experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.

Doesn't say anything about not using it for Chops though.

58 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

The three-night package is also in my planner. Do you think we can choose Chops for one of the nights? We're on Vision and at the bottoms it reads: Not valid for premium experiences including: Chef's Table, Wine Pairings Dinners, Izumi Hibachi Experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.

Doesn't say anything about not using it for Chops though.

Yes, you can choose Chops as one of your nights, two of your nights or all three nights if you want.  

• Like 1

Anyone notice the new Chops + 1 dining offer?  It's offered for two of my cruises, and BOGO is now gone....and at a cost of $30 more than BOGO.

The idea is that first night is Chops...then you can book another specialty on any other night (plus discount on wine,, etc).

I appreciate the flexibility of picking a specialty restaurant on another night but I personally prefer BOGO option for the savings.

Does anyone have both "Chops + 1" and BOGO offered?

Edited by LuCruise

I just noticed it on my Aug Liberty sailing.  The pricing does not make much sense. The 3 night Dining package is usually $79.  It is on sale for $69.  The Chops + 1 is $65.  So $4 for another night during the sale and only $14 when regular price.  Why would anyone gets Chops + 1?

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

24 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I just noticed it on my Aug Liberty sailing.  The pricing does not make much sense. The 3 night Dining package is usually $79.  It is on sale for $69.  The Chops + 1 is $65.  So $4 for another night during the sale and only $14 when regular price.  Why would anyone gets Chops + 1?

I noticed the same for my Oct Explorer sailing.  $92CD for 3 night dining and $87CD for Chops+1.  Strange....

For ours...the Chops + 1 is also only a bit less than the 3 night dining package on our Adventure cruise (6 night cruise)...so same here.  

But a bigger difference on Chops + 1 compared with 3 night dining package on Navigator (4 night cruise)...as this package is quite a bit more.

For both...Chops + 1 is $87.10 CAD.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Anyone notice the new Chops + 1 dining offer?  It's offered for two of my cruises, and BOGO is now gone....and at a cost of $30 more than BOGO.

The idea is that first night is Chops...then you can book another specialty on any other night (plus discount on wine,, etc).

I appreciate the flexibility of picking a specialty restaurant on another night but I personally prefer BOGO option for the savings.

BOGO disappeared from my October sailing about a week ago.  I still have it booked thank goodness.  Chops + 1 is available now.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

You made me go look.  Chops+1 is now offered (at $75pp) on our Anthem 5-night cruise this summer.  I already have the BOGO purchased in my order history at $49.99pp.  And for reference, the 3-night package is $89pp.  The BOGO is no longer offered.

I'm going to "let it ride" on the BOGO and see what we can get for final reservations once we board.  No sense in spending an extra $25pp just to book a different night.  I also saved my email receipt in case they try to cancel me out.

Edited by milford_cruiser

10 hours ago, milford_cruiser said:

You made me go look.  Chops+1 is now offered (at $75pp) on our Anthem 5-night cruise this summer.  I already have the BOGO purchased in my order history at $49.99pp.  And for reference, the 3-night package is $89pp.  The BOGO is no longer offered.

I'm going to "let it ride" on the BOGO and see what we can get for final reservations once we board.  No sense in spending an extra $25pp just to book a different night.  I also saved my email receipt in case they try to cancel me out.

Likewise, we have BOGO booked on Navigator (although we'll probably cancel it for a short cruise). So wonder if this is still honored (i.e. any restaurant nights 1 and 2) or if it is changed to Chops + 1.  Having said that, my Calendar in cruise planner still shows BOGO listed so guessing they are honoring it.

I did notice in the description that it "appeared" that the Maine Lobster (normally a $21 upcharge) may be included in the price.

"Savor dinner at the Royal Caribbean hallmark steakhouse, Chops Grille and feast on signature favorites, including hand cut steaks, Maine lobster, irresistible sides like Gruyère Cheese Tater Tots..."

I wonder if the Chef's Table is an option for your second choice. 

If there is no "upcharge" for the seafood tower/lobster and you can pick the Chef's Table then it makes a little more sense.

Otherwise, you could pay $10 - $15 more for the non-sale 3 night package or pay about double the $75 for the unlimited package.

The devil is in the details...

• Like 1