Cruise Critic Community
RRFPresident

Grandeur of the Seas April 6th-18th Southern Caribbean review

Enjoyed the first part...Looking forward to more.

Have a great trip...

6 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

Enjoyed the first part...Looking forward to more.

Have a great trip...

Uh, the trip ended LAST Thursday. 😄

We were on it.  There is another review thread going on also.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, RRFPresident said:

Hello all,

I've recently started writing up our last cruise on my blog, the 12 day Southern Caribbean on Grandeur of the Seas. Please check it out! Happy to answer any questions or comments either here or on the blog. Thanks for reading!

A Feast For Your Senses: Fuel for your sense of wonder and sense of humor

Thank you!

Is she the most popular ship or what!😁

Thanks for the review.  We'll be onboard a month from today so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it.

We were also on this cruise.  No complaints at all.  Best seas and weather of any trip we've had, especially out of Baltimore.

20 hours ago, SRF said:

Uh, the trip ended LAST Thursday. 😄

We were on it.  There is another review thread going on also.

I've also been reading the other review threads. Great hearing about the same sailing through different perspectives. We have lots of great reviewers on this site!

47 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

We signed up for the sushi-making class too.  It looks fun.

It was fun and completely hands on which I found better than the pasta class we did on the last trip. It was definitely a lot more to eat per person than I was expecting to. You will love it!

How many people were in your class?  My sister and I are signed up, and my husband and mom plan to watch and help us eat the results. :classic_smile:

LOVE your review!!!

And I especially love the fact you are with your dad...

6 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

How many people were in your class?  My sister and I are signed up, and my husband and mom plan to watch and help us eat the results. :classic_smile:

I'd say 12-13 at the most. They had more spots set than people this session. Can't say if the other times had more interest.

6 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

LOVE your review!!!

And I especially love the fact you are with your dad...

Thanks! We make quite the travel pair sometimes. 🙂

This is a wonderful review!  Best of all it brought back a lot of good memories of our April 6th Grandeur cruise.

We only played two rounds of trivia... and it sounds like we tied you for first place in "visual famous places".  The visual trivia was new to us.  Did you play ABBA trivia in the South Pacific Lounge?  That brought back a lot of 70's memories too!

Good observation regarding the new Mary Poppins movie regarding how 'dark' it is.  The last 15 minutes though, it turns into a bright, very colorful display of Disney happiness.

Thanks again for a wonderful review!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Wildcatfish said:

This is a wonderful review!  Best of all it brought back a lot of good memories of our April 6th Grandeur cruise.

We only played two rounds of trivia... and it sounds like we tied you for first place in "visual famous places".  The visual trivia was new to us.  Did you play ABBA trivia in the South Pacific Lounge?  That brought back a lot of 70's memories too!

Good observation regarding the new Mary Poppins movie regarding how 'dark' it is.  The last 15 minutes though, it turns into a bright, very colorful display of Disney happiness.

We went to ABBA trivia but didn't play.  I knew a few, but some were kind of obscure.  This was one of the best cruises we've ever had.  As I said above, weather and seas were fabulous.

Edited by BND

Our daughter loves the show Mama Mia. As a result we listen to a lot of ABBA.  In addition I was a DJ back in the 70's so I knew the albums and album covers!  All of that useless knowledge led to being the owner of a Royal Caribbean highlighter!

We met so many nice people on this cruise!  It was by far one of the most relaxing, and entertaining cruises we've had.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, Wildcatfish said:

Did you get that answer about the aerial shot of the giant bird shaped crop circle in visual famous places?

No we would have had absolutely no chance at the ABBA trivia unless every answer was Mama Mia or Sweden. 🙂I'm not sure I could have stayed awake any longer for the movie anyway. I also rarely stay awake trying to watch TV in the evenings most days. Thanks for the kind words!

We missed all the trivia.

We showed up for one that was in the Cruise Compass, but there was no trivia.  😞

Oh well, it just means we need to cruise again.

Just finished reading the entire 12 Days. Very nice pictures.

When and where is your next cruise?

On 5/13/2019 at 11:38 AM, SRF said:

We missed all the trivia.

We showed up for one that was in the Cruise Compass, but there was no trivia.  😞

Oh well, it just means we need to cruise again.

I noticed a couple times during this cruise that the Compass had the wrong thing listed or two different things in the same space and time frame. That's a pretty rare occurrence. Usually the discrepancy is between the paper schedule and the app but the Grandeur doesn't have that issue. 

I love your philosophy though, definitely have to cruise again!

20 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just finished reading the entire 12 Days. Very nice pictures.

When and where is your next cruise?

Thank you for the kind words! We're still considering a few different options for the next trip.