Bahamas and passport

Sara250

22 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, I remember your story well but the fact remains it doesn't happen to everyone. Everyone's risk level is different since everyone's circumstances are different, and everyone's acceptance of the risk is also different. If something happens there are people that are there to assist you, whether you have a passport or not. The cruise line does not desert you nor does their port agent. As for your last line, under your logic you can't travel somewhere else to deal with the passport issue since you don't have a passport, so your stuck where you are. The authorities have the ability to waive the passport requirement in the event of an emergency or for humanitarian reasons and that is what would happen in that scenario- the cruise line and/or port agent would notify the authorities who would give clearance for the passengers to fly back to the US.

I agree 100% with the premise that IF something goes wrong having a passport will reduce any potential delay. I agree 100% with the premise that a passport is the king of travel documentation. But I also recognize that a passport isn't for everyone for any number of reasons. 

I did not say you could NOT travel without the passport, it is just another straw on the camels back.  

And yes, everyone's risk level is different.  Also, everyone deals with stressful situations differently.

Again, I am not telling people to have a passport.  Their choice.  I am trying to point of some situations where it will make things easier, and they can decide if they want to take the risk or not.

The issue is, without such comments from people, they might not think of things.

How any 20s something people think they do not need medical/evac insurance, as they are healthy and will not get sick?  Not thinking about other things, like accidents.