Jump to content

Pig and Anchor for dinner


RoperDK
 Share

Recommended Posts

We've only been on ships that had Guy's Pig and Anchor for lunch and we really enjoyed it.  We were wondering about the dinner pay options.  What did you think about them?  What about the prime rib and rack of ribs?  We've changed how we eat on cruises now.  Rarely go to the MDR and would rather have smaller portions and snack more often.  We could make a meal out of the nachos.  I actually like the a la carte pricing because we don't eat that much and can keep costs down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We've only been on ships that had Guy's Pig and Anchor for lunch and we really enjoyed it.  We were wondering about the dinner pay options.  What did you think about them?  What about the prime rib and rack of ribs?  We've changed how we eat on cruises now.  Rarely go to the MDR and would rather have smaller portions and snack more often.  We could make a meal out of the nachos.  I actually like the a la carte pricing because we don't eat that much and can keep costs down.  

I ate dinner at the Pig and Anchor last month on the horizon.   I had the bbq ribs and they were delicious.   It was $8.00 for the half rack dinner, not bad in my mind.

 

When dinner in the MDR was not up to par on this last cruise, we did other options for dinner, and this was my favorite.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pig & Anchor (deck 5) on Horizon has an ala carte, extra charge, menu in the evening, as well as entertainment.  On embarkation and sea days, they have a BBQ lunch buffet that is free.  The Italian and Chinese restaurants (deck 11) have the same arrangement as well.

Edited by ddloml
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, coevan said:

what is the deck 5 BBQ called?

 

Guys BBQ is on deck 5 outside on the Magic, Breeze, and Vista.  It is only open at lunch on Sea Days.

 

Guys Smokehouse is an upgrade from that, a full sit down restaurant, and is open at dinner for $...but it is only on the Horizon for now.  

Edited by ABQrobin
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We ate dinner there on the Horizon last fall.  Very good meal with a live band.  Not crowded at all.  I think our bill was $20-$30 for 4 of us.  It was fairly reasonably priced.  We enjoyed the pulled pork and sides.  I would recommend doing it at least once on your cruise!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CChamp said:

Pig & Anchor Menu.jpg

 

Looks like a pretty good menu, except calling something "Trash Can Nachos" doesn't make it sound appetizing. I'm sure they are delicious, but it puts a bad mental image in my head.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We ate dinner twice at the Pig & Anchor on the Horizon last month. It was awesome! We had Trash Can Nachos, Apricot Jalopeno glazed Salmon, Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, the cornbread is amazing too. We will definitely eat dinner there again on ships that offer it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bjd2 said:

We ate dinner twice at the Pig & Anchor on the Horizon last month. It was awesome! We had Trash Can Nachos, Apricot Jalopeno glazed Salmon, Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, the cornbread is amazing too. We will definitely eat dinner there again on ships that offer it.

Ok, what are Trash Can Nachos? My husband is a Nacho fanatic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BigEasyCC said:

 

Ok, what are Trash Can Nachos? My husband is a Nacho fanatic.

 

 

Hi BigEasyCC ☺️

 

Trash Can Nachos are pulled pork on house-made tortilla chips, bourbon brown sugar BBQ sauce, pico de gallo, jalapeno, black beans & super melty cheese.

 

Maybe someone can locate a photo. 

 

Yum! 😊

 

 

 

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PortSideCruzan said:

 

Hi BigEasyCC ☺️

 

Trash Can Nachos are pulled pork on house-made tortilla chips, bourbon brown sugar BBQ sauce, pico de gallo, jalapeno, black beans & super melty cheese.

 

Maybe someone can locate a photo. 

 

Yum! 😊

 

 

 

🌴

Yum for sure! Those will be on our list to try on the Panorama next year!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BigEasyCC said:

Yum for sure! Those will be on our list to try on the Panorama next year!

Yes! They are awesome! I only wish (and suggested) that they be available during the day instead of after 5:30. We would have shared one in the afternoons while enjoying their fantastic beverage menu.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, matymil said:

 

The mardi gras is replacing the Red Frog brewery with a guys bbq n brews so i'd assume they would have dinner there as well.

 

 

Hi matymil ☺️

 

That's true, dinner hours will be available at Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse Brewhouse on Mardi Gras from 5pm until late. The restaurant will also be open for lunch, embarkation day & sea days 12:00pm-2:30pm; and will have a complimentary barbecue buffet.🐷🐖

 

 

🌴

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...