Cruise Critic Community

Always a special day of remembrance of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.   ABC TV provides excellent coverage from before dawn all day.

I believe some cruise ships hold Anzac Day ceremonies on board, which would be very moving.  

Yes. We were on a round trip Sydney/Hawaii/ Sydney cruise a couple of years ago over Anzac Day and it was indeed a very special service lead by the Captain who from memory was Italian.

Further to my previous post, the address was given by one of the passengers and it was very well done.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them. Lest we forget.

My father served in the Navy in WW2. He was buried with military honours in 2016, which is the first time I ever heard the Naval version of The Ode when it was recited. Perhaps appropriate for our cruise forum:

The Naval Ode
They have no grave but the cruel sea
No flowers lay at their head
A rusting hulk is their tombstone
A'fast on the ocean bed.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET

Just home from the fantastic ANZAC Day commemoration at Wangi, the largest assembly of vintage and veteran military vehicles in the Southern Hemisphere they say, Lest we Forget.

I attended two ANZAC services - one on Wednesday for the local schools where my grandsons attend. The elder grandson read the ANZAC Requiem and laid a wreath for his school. It was well organised by the local Rotary club and businesses and well attended. Yesterday I attended a community organised service for our suburb - only a short event but well attended and becoming bigger each year. My husband and family attended the RSL service where he is a member. DH laid a wreath with the support of our grandchildren on behalf of the fire brigade. 

Daughter, grandson and I went to the ANZAC Day game at the MCG which as usual was a wonderful occasion. A crowd of over 92,000 attended which is amazing.

Lest We Forget

Leigh

We were in Xi' An we held our own little service, it was not much but we felt it made the day more special for all us Aussies on the tour. Lest we forget.