Cruise Critic Community
kool_kat

Help me figure out how to book this unique situation...

Hi all,

My extended family is booked for a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas in May, 2020.  So far, we have 4 rooms side by side.  In my room is just me and my husband.  We became foster parents at the beginning of this year.  We are currently transitioning 3 little girls (ages 4, 2, & 1) into our house as a pre-adoptive house.  What this means is that their plan has changed from being reunited to their parents to being adopted.  There is still some red tape to get through before they are free to adopt.

Obviously, if they are still part of our family (which it appears they will be) in May 2020 we want them to go on the cruise.  The room beside our room is open and is a connecting room to our room, so we would like to book this room (because I'm assuming all 5 can't share a normal balcony room).  My current reservation is a non-refundable room.  I need their reservation to be fully refundable due to the situation.

I know I will need to move either me or my husband into the new room and then book the girls.  Before I called, I was trying to get an idea of how best to do this/what I'm actually requesting.

Can I change a non-refundable into refundable?  Can I move my husband and add the kids as refundable.  What's my best options here?

Thanks in advance!

You do not need to move you or your husband into the children's stateroom.  Royal will let you book minors into their own stateroom as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours.  You have to call to do this, you cannot do this via the website.

Also, you cannot change from non-refundable to redundable wthout paying the penalty for cancelling.

I don't have any advice other than listen to Bob. 😂 I think what you are doing for those girls is awesome and celebrating them as a new part of your forever family on a cruise sounds perfect. Congratulations to all of you, despite the red tape it will take to get there.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You do not need to move you or your husband into the children's stateroom.  Royal will let you book minors into their own stateroom as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours.  You have to call to do this, you cannot do this via the website.

Also, you cannot change from non-refundable to redundable wthout paying the penalty for cancelling.

This is exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, kool_kat said:

This is exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you!

You're welcome and good luck!

Also, I'm sure you have thought of this, but you need to make sure the adoption is complete before you cruise.  Legally you wouldn't be able to take those girls without written permission from the parent(s) unless adoption is complete.  Hopefully it will all be complete before.

And kudos to you for adopting those girls!!