Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

This venue in the back looks similar to the edge class Eden! Also noticed in the video there is mentions of an amusement park and taking ideas from across the cruise industry. I wonder if it will have a roller coaster like Mardi Gras.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ljwiphone said:

This venue in the back looks similar to the edge class Eden! Also noticed in the video there is mentions of an amusement park and taking ideas from across the cruise industry. I wonder if it will have a roller coaster like Mardi Gras.

Untitled.jpg

I believe this is actually Eden in the background and probably unrelated to an Icon venue. I imagine that they use the same design studios for all RCG brands, so you will see bits of celebrity here and there.

Although, I do hope we will see some form of rollercoaster/attraction on Icon too. That would truly separate it from oasis class, among other things. 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 2

There´s a finished roller coaster by Maurer ride sitting somewhere in Germany which won´t be used anymore... The one buildt for the Global Dream I... It has been already transported to Wismar and set up there ready to be moved on the Global Dream I.

steamboats

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steamboats said:

There´s a finished roller coaster by Maurer ride sitting somewhere in Germany which won´t be used anymore... The one buildt for the Global Dream I... It has been already transported to Wismar and set up there ready to be moved on the Global Dream I.

steamboats

That one is the Bolt : Ultimate Sea Coaster for Carnival Celebration and then another one is being built for the Carnival Jubilee next year.

31 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

That one is the Bolt : Ultimate Sea Coaster for Carnival Celebration and then another one is being built for the Carnival Jubilee next year.

Carnival Celebration's roller coaster is already installed.

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

I know, but it could also be the second Space Cruiser for the Global Dream 2, but that project has been scrapped so I do not know what they will do with it.

Ship Global Dream 2 incomplete hull to be scrapped:

https://www.cruisehive.com/global-dreams-sister-ship-to-be-sold-as-scrap/74204

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

No, I´m not talking about The Bolt for Carnival but the one for the Global Dream 1 which was manufactured by the same company (which is located in my hometown).

More about this one here and here´s a video of the Spike Coaster.

1 hour ago, Nathan Graveson said:

I know, but it could also be the second Space Cruiser for the Global Dream 2, but that project has been scrapped so I do not know what they will do with it.

The Global Dream 1 has not been finished yet and the roller coaster is not built in yet. The Global Dream 2 is more or less just a hull and is to be scrapped. The roller coaster for this ship has never been built.

steamboats

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, steamboats said:

No, I´m not talking about The Bolt for Carnival but the one for the Global Dream 1 which was manufactured by the same company (which is located in my hometown).

More about this one here and here´s a video of the Spike Coaster.

The Global Dream 1 has not been finished yet and the roller coaster is not built in yet. The Global Dream 2 is more or less just a hull and is to be scrapped. The roller coaster for this ship has never been built.

steamboats

The boat video Carnival Mardi Gras Bolt: